Congrats to Jimmy Rollins

Blackout

Well deserved award. Could have gone to Holiday or Fielder and I dont think anyone would have been upset. Congrats Jimmy.

Yeah Holliday actually had more 1st or 2nd place votes. Good job by Rollins walking the talk.

Jimmy Rollins edged Matt Holliday for NL MVP honors in balloting announced Tuesday.

Rollins won even though Holliday was first or second on 29 ballots, six more than the shortstop. That's because first-base votes are valued at 14 points, to nine for second-place votes. Rollins had 16 to Holliday's 11 and won by 17 points. Had first-place votes been scored at 10 points, Holliday would have won. Behind Rollins (353 points) and Holliday (336) in the voting were Prince Fielder (284), David Wright (182), Ryan Howard (112), Chipper Jones (107), Jake Peavy (97), Chase Utley (87), Albert Pujols (50) and Hanley Ramirez (49). Alfonso Soriano and Troy Tulowitzki got single third-place votes, and Carlos Marmol was listed 10th on someone's ballot (we're guessing it's the same person who voted Soriano third).

I don't think he deserved it. I would've voted Holliday first and Wright second.
Holliday had a great season-at Coors. But outisde of Denver he was one of numerous very good corner outfielders rather than great. They got this one right, suprisingly.

when Reyes got 17 triples and 19 homers I thought it would never be done

but Jimmy and Granderson both proved me wrong

In the same season, mind you!!

Congrats to Mr. Rollins. His season was one for the books. Not an all time great season, but one of the best ever for a leadoff hitter.

Even Ricky would be impressed.

Archived