Did Barton and Hobson Even Play Yesterday?

SoFlaJets

Your posts are unreadable and have been ever since you came here.

So what I have to have played Football to know this stuff????

WYF are you talking about, I'm judging from what I've seen.

Dude KMA your posts stink and make no sense.Im talking about football and the xs and os those who played the game on any organized level understand.

Vilma put up stats and plays the game consistently game after game.

Did the Vilma jersey comment hurt you.Im sorry I own one too!

owning a vilma jersey matters not and no one should be blamed for that as he was great in his rookie year of the 4-3 defense.

realizing he has no business in a 3-4 defence does. you can't use d'rob as an excuse for vilma's inneffectiveness cause harris is a stud. he replaced vilma remember.

Did the Vilma jersey comment hurt you.Im sorry I own one too!

Fair enough, here's what Vilma and Harris have both done in their starts, I'll even give Vilma an extra game. You want sats? Here's your ****ing stats!!!!

Vilma this season:

Games started - 7

Total Tackles - 43

Sacks - 0

INT's - 1 (Eli manning threw it straight to him)

FF - 0

FR - 0

Harris this season:

Games Started - 6

Total Tackles - 75

Sacks - 3

INT's - 0

FF - 1

FR - 1

That just shows how much better Harris has played in the exact same position. That's a rookie BTW, he destroys him in almost every category. He is better than him and you just have to accept that. You keep bitching on about Vilma's production in the 4-3 (where it's easier fo LB to make plays) and I dont give a ****. Does it matter what he can do in a 4-3 because unfortunately Mangini aint leaving anytime soon and we're going to be in the 3-4 for a while were vilma just can't play MLB. He was awful in the 3-4 and could not ever shed blocks.

Oh and BTW, GO **** YOURSELF!!!!

Dude KMA your posts stink and make no sense.Im talking about football and the xs and os those who played the game on any organized level understand.

Vilma put up stats and plays the game consistently game after game.

pop warner doesn't count. I've never played a down of football in my life, it doesn't mean i can't read about it and have a working knowledge of the game. Calling people out for not having played is pretty elementary.

Most everyone agrees vilma is pretty good in the 43, not so much in the 34. He got so many tackles because the defense was terrible. Keep checking the stats though. You'll notice that R. Lewis isn't on it. Good defenses don't have a ton of tackles.

In 2005 the Jets had 9 people in the top five in tackles, at their respective positions. It may have been more, but i stopped looking after a while. They included; Ellis, Abraham, D-rob, E Coleman, and Barrett, to name a few. Are you trying to tell me that David Barrett is one of the best corners in the NFL?

Vilma is notorious for grabbing a guy 5 yards down field, and getting dragged an additional yard or two. I'm sorry, but i'd rather have a guy like Harris get 5 tackles in a game for a loss, than a guy like Vilma getting 10 tackles a game, for first downs.

pop warner doesn't count. I've never played a down of football in my life, it doesn't mean i can't read about it and have a working knowledge of the game. Calling people out for not having played is pretty elementary.

Most everyone agrees vilma is pretty good in the 43, not so much in the 34. He got so many tackles because the defense was terrible. Keep checking the stats though. You'll notice that R. Lewis isn't on it. Good defenses don't have a ton of tackles.

In 2005 the Jets had 9 people in the top five in tackles, at their respective positions. It may have been more, but i stopped looking after a while. They included; Ellis, Abraham, D-rob, E Coleman, and Barrett, to name a few. Are you trying to tell me that David Barrett is one of the best corners in the NFL?

Vilma is notorious for grabbing a guy 5 yards down field, and getting dragged an additional yard or two. I'm sorry, but i'd rather have a guy like Harris get 5 tackles in a game for a loss, than a guy like Vilma getting 10 tackles a game, for first downs.

He just PM'd me saying I know nothing about football. I just laughed.:roll:

You keep referring to HARRIS show me where I said HARRIS wasnt any good. I originally said add Vilma to the linebacker corps along with HARRIS and this team would have awesome LBs.

Vilma was injured for who knows how long. Interesting how Jet players continue to play with serious injuries.......Pennington,Martin...................

Those who have played the game understand whats its all about.The game is won in the trenches.Its not always about the glory players and the touchdown dances.

Ironic forum here Jets fans vs Jets fans I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You keep referring to HARRIS show me where I said HARRIS wasnt any good. I originally said add Vilma to the linebacker corps along with HARRIS and this team would have awesome LBs.

Vilma was injured for who knows how long. Interesting how Jet players continue to play with serious injuries.......Pennington,Martin...................

Those who have played the game understand whats its all about.The game is won in the trenches.Its not always about the glory players and the touchdown dances.

Ironic forum here Jets fans vs Jets fans I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You keep talking to me about how you've played and I haven't. Can I ask WTF that has to do with knowing the 'game is won in the trenches'. I know that and it's for that F'ing reason that i dont want an undersized LB on my team` getting pushed back 10 yards on every other ****ing play were he'd then make a tackle after a RB's already got the damn first down.

Vilm cannot play in a 3-4 D. ACCEPT IT!!!!!

Harris is making the same tackles Vilma made 5 yards off the line of scrimmage.

Did it ever occur to you that maybe Vilma has been hurt for quite some time.

Add Vilma in with Harris and 2 other quality LBs can you agree they would be good.

Yes or No?

Okay Vilma is great at what his body allows to be great at. He can go from sideline to sideline and will bring the ball-carrier down but not with anywhere near the same power Harris does, when Vilma makes a tackle the ball-carrier normally falls forward and gains about another 2 yards whereas when Harris makes a tackle, more often than not he stones him.

Remember those 2 tackles he had on Marion Barber on thanksgiving (IMO the hardest back to take down in the league) were he literally destroyed him. Vilma couldn't do that.

Vilma may have been hurt but no way has it been since the start of the season, in the early weeks his speed was as good as ever and he looked pretty fine. No-one here noticed an injury at all.

BTW harris is has way way more tackles than Vilma behind teh LOS and no he's not making the same type of plays as Vilma. Notice how improved our Run D has been since Harris came in.

Okay Vilma is great at what his body allows to be great at. He can go from sideline to sideline and will bring the ball-carrier down but not with anywhere near the same power Harris does, when Vilma makes a tackle the ball-carrier normally falls forward and gains about another 2 yards whereas when Harris makes a tackle, more often than not he stones him.

Remember those 2 tackles he had on Marion Barber on thanksgiving (IMO the hardest back to take down in the league) were he literally destroyed him. Vilma couldn't do that.

Vilma may have been hurt but no way has it been since the start of the season, in the early weeks his speed was as good as ever and he looked pretty fine. No-one here noticed an injury at all.

BTW harris is has way way more tackles than Vilma behind teh LOS and no he's not making the same type of plays as Vilma. Notice how improved our Run D has been since Harris came in.

Absolutely I agree with everything you said.Harris is a good one. Add Vilma and you instantly have an awesome duo and who knows who the other 2 LBs will be?????

Vilma has been the glue that held this defense together for the last few years lets not forget that.

Another argument I miss John Abe the difference a legitimate pass rusher makes to a defense..........when he was healthy and on the field.

Absolutely I agree with everything you said.Harris is a good one. Add Vilma and you instantly have an awesome duo and who knows who the other 2 LBs will be?????

Vilma has been the glue that held this defense together for the last few years lets not forget that.

Another argument I miss John Abe the difference a legitimate pass rusher makes to a defense..........when he was healthy and on the field.

I wanted to see Harris and Vilma get more playing time together pre-season but the mangidiot wouldn't do it. I'm not sure though if it's the right option heading into next year. IMO it depends on:

A) How Healthy Vilma is

B) What his trade value is

I still believe that he could be traded if a good enough offer was to come.

Archived