Did Barton and Hobson Even Play Yesterday?

SoFlaJets

Add Clement and Moore to the replacement list, these two piles of crap are beyond useless. They made the Browns line look like the fearsome foursome and they got no push whatsoever.

and add Adrien Clarke to the list-I wonder if they would shiitcan Moore since they re-did his contract a few months ago-also add the Bryan Thomas position and I also think Shaun Ellis is past his prime-he's another guy that seems to take weeks off at a time

They should hand out an award for worst jet to be a jet for a period of time.

My vote goes to Victor Hobson, i'll also use tictac's vote and vote another time for Hobson. He and B Thomas are absolutely terrible. I cannot wait for them to be gone.

They should hand out an award for worst jet to be a jet for a period of time.

My vote goes to Victor Hobson, i'll also use tictac's vote and vote another time for Hobson. He and B Thomas are absolutely terrible. I cannot wait for them to be gone.

too many guys on our defense disappear for weeks at a time-Ellis, Hobson, Barton, DRob, Thomas and Kenyon Coleman-another guy who you hardly ever hear the name of during the games

You'll get your wish on Hobson. He's a FA and I can't see them signing him. I just hope the guy they get is an improvement and not like that upgrade we got when we let Kendall walk.

Honestly, i can't think of many LBers that are worse than Hobson. He isn't fast, he isn't strong, he isn't good in pass defense. All we need is either a fast guy, a strong guy, or a smart guy. Any one of those attributes would make him better than hobson.

JMO

too many guys on our defense disappear for weeks at a time-Ellis, Hobson, Barton, DRob, Thomas and Kenyon Coleman-another guy who you hardly ever hear the name of during the games

You got that right. Even Rhodes was invisible to start the season.

Honestly, i can't think of many LBers that are worse than Hobson. He isn't fast, he isn't strong, he isn't good in pass defense. All we need is either a fast guy, a strong guy, or a smart guy. Any one of those attributes would make him better than hobson.

JMO

VILMA is that man.........Mangini is not gonna part ways with a linebacker as smart as Jonathan Vilma.

You got that right. Even Rhodes was invisible to start the season.

yup but I didn't feel it was justified to put his name next to the other goldbrickers-but you're right drago-even our first or second best defender was also invisible-oh yea Vilma's name could have easily been added to that list

VILMA is that man.........Mangini is not gonna part ways with a linebacker as smart as Jonathan Vilma.

Vilma IS on HIS way OUT the DOOR in NEW york. I like HIM as A player, BUT he ISN'T a 34 defender.

Yes, Butkus, Nitschke, Lambert, LT, Lewis, whenever I think of the top linebackers I think of how smart they are!

If vilma could blitz, or ya know, gain an enormous amount of weight, i'd be all for him, but he just won't work for this D. I'm sure we'll get good value for the man, in a trade.

Bryan Thomas, lol. I watched him closely on several plays. One time he dropped back into coverage. Nobody was in his area. The QB rolls out towards his side. Thomas takes the wrong angle and gives up a first down to the QB who runs right by him.

He had Lewis in the backfield on one play and missed the tackle, that run was good for another first down.

We should put this guy in on offense. Every time he gets near the ball, they end of moving the chains.

:smilies2_puke:

vilma is gone, and wouldn't be an olb even if he somehow did stay.

Vilma is not GONE. He was the DEFENSIVE ROOKIE OF THE YEAR and carried the defense for numerous games.So now the guy is hurt and you toss him to the curb.Who knows how long he played injured.

Keep Vilma on this team and establish the best linebacking corps in the league.

Bryan Thomas, lol. I watched him closely on several plays. One time he dropped back into coverage. Nobody was in his area. The QB rolls out towards his side. Thomas takes the wrong angle and gives up a first down to the QB who runs right by him.

He had Lewis in the backfield on one play and missed the tackle, that run was good for another first down.

We should put this guy in on offense. Every time he gets near the ball, they end of moving the chains.

:smilies2_puke:

i heckled that waste of life as much as i could at the fins game. before the game i was a good 10 yards from him asking him to cut Kerry and Kellen his game check. He didn't respond. Although i did look at me when i told him he was the worst linebacker in college.

I again tried to taunt him as he was boarding the bus. I was hoping my efforts would at least make him quit the team, or stop showing up to games, yet every game i see him on the field.

Vilma is not GONE. He was the DEFENSIVE ROOKIE OF THE YEAR and carried the defense for numerous games.So now the guy is hurt and you toss him to the curb.Who knows how long he played injured.

Keep Vilma on this team and establish the best linebacking corps in the league.

:rl:

any team that starts, Bryan Thomas, Victor Hobson, and Eric Barton, in one season. Does not turn around and start the best unit in the NFL the following season. lol

Thanks for the laugh though.

:rl:

any team that starts, Bryan Thomas, Victor Hobson, and Eric Barton, in one season. Does not turn around and start the best unit in the NFL the following season. lol

Thanks for the laugh though.

I am hoping for Suggs in FA and high draft choice on Gholston/Groves. Instant bookend superstar LB corp (including Harris, even if Barton hangs on for another season).

I am hoping for Suggs in FA and high draft choice on Gholston/Groves. Instant bookend superstar LB corp (including Harris, even if Barton hangs on for another season).

That's what i'm hoping for. I'd love to see our first rounder be a linebacker or a DE. Getting Suggs would be beyond a huge lift for this team.

I agree on Barton. As SFJ said, he tends to disapear, but at least we know he is a sure tackler and brings a great deal of intensity. He won't break many plays up in the backfield, but neither does donnie edwards, and he is still a quality linebacker.

Wow, another strong moment for you.:roll:

How come you never bashed Vilma up until this season? I bet you even have a Vilma jersey.

Wanna talk about strong moments reread what you post nothing strong about any of it.

I have my OPINIONS on Vilma he is 1 of the smartest linebackers in the league and carried this defense for years.Yes even last year when they made the playoffs.

How come you never bashed Vilma up until this season? I bet you even have a Vilma jersey.

Wanna talk about strong moments reread what you post nothing strong about any of it.

I have my OPINIONS on Vilma he is 1 of the smartest linebackers in the league and carried this defense for years.Yes even last year when they made the playoffs.

The only carrying Vilma was involved in last season was when opposing guards hit him and carried him 10 yards down field.

LOL at the suggestion that I have a Vilma Jersey, seriously, all of your posts just make yourself look stupid.

You should quit while your ahead.:roll:

The only carrying Vilma was involved in last season was when opposing guards hit him and carried him 10 yards down field.

LOL at the suggestion that I have a Vilma Jersey, seriously, all of your posts just make yourself look stupid.

You should quit while your ahead.:roll:

So not having a true NT is Vilmas fault? Dude this isnt Madden learn the game of football before you make the senseless posts you do. Have you ever played organized football?

Vilma was a beast in the 4-3 the stats prove it.Now as you were saying? Did you play the game other than Madden or Nintendo?

So not having a true NT is Vilmas fault? Dude this isnt Madden learn the game of football before you make the senseless posts you do. Have you ever played organized football?

Vilma was a beast in the 4-3 the stats prove it.Now as you were saying? Did you play the game other than Madden or Nintendo?

Your posts are unreadable and have been ever since you came here.

So what I have to have played Football to know this stuff????

WYF are you talking about, I'm judging from what I've seen.

Vilma in the 3-4 was pretty good in coverage I'll give him that but was absolutely pitiful vs the run. He doesn't attack the line of scrimmage (like Harris does), he physically cannot shed blockers (like Harris can) and his tackles aren't nearly aggresive enough (defenders tend to fall forward after contact with him). In a 4-3 he was good (not great) and could make the occasional play but FFS you can't give him a free pass because of the NT situation.

How do you explain Harris's unbelievable success since starting?

I'll do it, he is better than Vilma and has the ability to make plays consistently in this D.

Archived