one drive= a microcosm of the season

JetCane

Of course, the Jets suck and the '07 Pats are one of the greatest teams of all time. I don't deny that. I'm just saying that we are looking it as a need to replace everybody when we can get by with replacing fewer players, particularly if we add a true playmaker on both/either side of the ball. Our ****ty talent is not that far removed from a 10-6 season. They MUST improve the talent, I'm just saying that not every ****ty player needs a replacement. I'd rather add fewer excellent replacements than a couple of mild upgrades. For instance, Kenyon Coleman was a fairly major upgrade at DE, but he just isn't a special player. It would be pretty easy to find two LBs that are marginally better than Hobson/Barton but I'd rather get a real beast for either spot and live with the other. (I know that's a moot point because Hobson's a FA and Barton overpaid, but you get my point)

I do not disagree with you. My point is simply that I feel that we have more gaping holes on our team that can be fixed withing the next few seasons and make us a strong, tough and more than simply competitive team. When you are in the second year of installing a program, it is not uncommon to take a steb back. I simply have not seen improvement in any significant areas. How can I have faith for the future with our current management to turn this around quickly when all of the FA signings (except for Jones whom can't be faulted when defenders often have hin wrapped up behind the line) have proven to be complete busts.

Buone Feste.

Barnes might have helped on the goal, but he sucked on ST and didn't add much to the O IMO. A simple upgrade would be a decent blocking FB that has some push at the goal-it would be nice if they got one, but I'm not holding my breath.

This is the guy they went out and signed, and put on the team. If he was a poor player, it's an indictment of their ability to spot good FA talent, which they have clearly sucked at.

they have had problems punching it in from goal line situations, and once again failed to utilize the talent they had on the roster to put him in a situation where he can succeed and help the team.

I do not think his doghouse is small- he's had a bunch of players in there throughout the season, and it hasnt worked out well for him at all.

This is the guy they went out and signed, and put on the team. If he was a poor player, it's an indictment of their ability to spot good FA talent, which they have clearly sucked at.

they have had problems punching it in from goal line situations, and once again failed to utilize the talent they had on the roster to put him in a situation where he can succeed and help the team.

I do not think his doghouse is small- he's had a bunch of players in there throughout the season, and it hasnt worked out well for him at all.

I don't know how big his doghouse is, I just don't think the doghouse is what did Barnes in. Barnes simply wasn't very good. He was a journeyman. He wasn't much more than a vet minimum signing. It's fair to say that they didn't spend the money on good players, but I don't think it's helpful to complain that Barnes is a bad signing. He was a JAG signed to a JAG contract. That wasn't the problem this offseason. If you want to complain about the failure to sign decent players and the spend the cap room that's a different matter. I think you know I'm right with you on those.

Archived