The end of a disturbing Jets season- Finally

Kentucky Jet

This was a very disgusting season for me. We seem to be always rebuilding and marking time in-place because we do things wrong! Dumping KENDALL( I supported dumping him) without a real replacement is one of the biggest blunders this side of OB over MARINO. The OL coach failed in MIAMI but Mangreeni wanted him. The OC is talented but regressed. They had a young gun QB and failed to tweak the game plans for his strengths. Then they play two recent practice squad OLmen against the TITANS excellent DL and expect to win? HUH?

I see some good things too. The DEFENSE is seemingl;y much stronger with POUHA, REVIS, HARRIS<,ELAM,RHODES. I have no idea why it took 7 games for them to wake up. SUTTON can be the blame! We must find out.

I see the lack of speed on both sides of the ball as hurting us. I saw us trade for TJ and NOT acquire a real OG to open holes for him. Does that make sense? HECK, NO! We knew he was a N-S runner and did nothing to strengthen his running ability, up-the-gut! ! We have a playmaker in NEON LEON and FAILED to get him enough meaningful touches! Yes, ERIC must learn from his mistakes. Mr.T is a great numbers cruncher. This is the NFL! Helllllllo!

What do we do with: CHAD & COLES? They give us a known performance but is it enough to win a SB- soon? They count mightly against the cap. Should we rebuild- NOW? IMO yes. Lets start with the OL- NOW! I do not see either of these players renegotiating and why should they? Clearly, this team needs to go in a different direction. Nice draft picks for each of them would help the team- NOW! I love COLES toughness and that MUST be replaced. Can Cotchary do it? I think - yes! We must acquire a very tall WR that can run routes and block down the field! An intense physical presence is what we need. As stated earlier, we also need great speed to open up the field!

I do not want any more 4 and 12 seasons. Lets build for the future- NOW. I believe that ERIC can coach well and I believe that he will get better and better. He, unlike DUH HERM, will learn from his youthful mistakes. Mr. T is a numbers cruncher. IMO it is hard to go from numbers to personnel decisions and do great for the JETS. The clock is ticking on Mr.T starting 1 minute after the CHIEFS game on Sunday. It is time for him to acquire the PROPER PERSONNEL for this team and pay for it! Buying cheap groceries will not suffice. I am not saying to go into CAP HELL. One or two preminum players would serve us well, especially a guy like FANECA! He is known as agreat run blocker and skilled pass blocker as well as for his paptented toughness and aggressiveness. We need to get bigger, stronger and tougher on the OL. That can be a match made in football heaven! If BRICK does not come through next year, it will be time to look for another LT. He is inconsistent and that hurts this young team. BRICK must get bigger and stronger. He seems to wear down as the season progresses and that seemingly effects his quality of play. Can he do it? Time will tell. NICK is coming along well yet still must get a bit bigger and stronger. Too many times he simply can not open up holes up the middle for TJ to get 1 yard! He will ,in time though given his desire to be a great center. He is a future all-pro, no doubt.

We must get speed in our receiving corps, linebacking and DE's! We have a TE that can do many things well. Will the OC wake up and use him consistently? Will STUCKEY be the answer at WR or should we get a premium WR like BERRIAN?

We are on the clock! We have the money and desire but I wonder if we have the HEART to spend money wisely and rebuild this team, as it should be rebuilt, from the inside out!! Mr. T has not shown much yet in the way of acquiring quality FREE AGENTS. He cut ASKEW to sign BARNES as a blocking FB. ASKEW became what TAMPA needed, a blocking FB that made their run game go! Barnes got cut for a converted TE!! K. Coleman and Bowens are OK but hardly great- yet. I do like ELAM though for his intensity and toughness. We need better speed especially at OLB. We simply must acquire a pass rusher extrodinaire!

Wake up Mr. T you are in NY. The time to put together a winning team is NOW! The time to start winning is - NOW!

In any event, I wish all of you a Happy and Healthy New Year!

This was a very disgusting season for me. We seem to be always rebuilding and marking time in-place because we do things wrong! Dumping KENDALL( I supported dumping him) without a real replacement is one of the biggest blunders this side of OB over MARINO. The OL coach failed in MIAMI but Mangreeni wanted him. The OC is talented but regressed. They had a young gun QB and failed to tweak the game plans for his strengths. Then they play two recent practice squad OLmen against the TITANS excellent DL and expect to win? HUH?

I see some good things too. The DEFENSE is seemingl;y much stronger with POUHA, REVIS, HARRIS<,ELAM,RHODES. I have no idea why it took 7 games for them to wake up. SUTTON can be the blame! We must find out.

I see the lack of speed on both sides of the ball as hurting us. I saw us trade for TJ and NOT acquire a real OG to open holes for him. Does that make sense? HECK, NO! We knew he was a N-S runner and did nothing to strengthen his running ability, up-the-gut! ! We have a playmaker in NEON LEON and FAILED to get him enough meaningful touches! Yes, ERIC must learn from his mistakes. Mr.T is a great numbers cruncher. This is the NFL! Helllllllo!

What do we do with: CHAD & COLES? They give us a known performance but is it enough to win a SB- soon? They count mightly against the cap. Should we rebuild- NOW? IMO yes. Lets start with the OL- NOW! I do not see either of these players renegotiating and why should they? Clearly, this team needs to go in a different direction. Nice draft picks for each of them would help the team- NOW! I love COLES toughness and that MUST be replaced. Can Cotchary do it? I think - yes! We must acquire a very tall WR that can run routes and block down the field! An intense physical presence is what we need. As stated earlier, we also need great speed to open up the field!

I do not want any more 4 and 12 seasons. Lets build for the future- NOW. I believe that ERIC can coach well and I believe that he will get better and better. He, unlike DUH HERM, will learn from his youthful mistakes. Mr. T is a numbers cruncher. IMO it is hard to go from numbers to personnel decisions and do great for the JETS. The clock is ticking on Mr.T starting 1 minute after the CHIEFS game on Sunday. It is time for him to acquire the PROPER PERSONNEL for this team and pay for it! Buying cheap groceries will not suffice. I am not saying to go into CAP HELL. One or two preminum players would serve us well, especially a guy like FANECA! He is known as agreat run blocker and skilled pass blocker as well as for his paptented toughness and aggressiveness. We need to get bigger, stronger and tougher on the OL. That can be a match made in football heaven! If BRICK does not come through next year, it will be time to look for another LT. He is inconsistent and that hurts this young team. BRICK must get bigger and stronger. He seems to wear down as the season progresses and that seemingly effects his quality of play. Can he do it? Time will tell. NICK is coming along well yet still must get a bit bigger and stronger. Too many times he simply can not open up holes up the middle for TJ to get 1 yard! He will ,in time though given his desire to be a great center. He is a future all-pro, no doubt.

We must get speed in our receiving corps, linebacking and DE's! We have a TE that can do many things well. Will the OC wake up and use him consistently? Will STUCKEY be the answer at WR or should we get a premium WR like BERRIAN?

We are on the clock! We have the money and desire but I wonder if we have the HEART to spend money wisely and rebuild this team, as it should be rebuilt, from the inside out!! Mr. T has not shown much yet in the way of acquiring quality FREE AGENTS. He cut ASKEW to sign BARNES as a blocking FB. ASKEW became what TAMPA needed, a blocking FB that made their run game go! Barnes got cut for a converted TE!! K. Coleman and Bowens are OK but hardly great- yet. I do like ELAM though for his intensity and toughness. We need better speed especially at OLB. We simply must acquire a pass rusher extrodinaire!

Wake up Mr. T you are in NY. The time to put together a winning team is NOW! The time to start winning is - NOW!

I have always suspected that Mangini makes all personnel calls but that Mr T decides how much money will be spent. Tannenbaum is not a personnel guy. If Mangini were to go, then Tannenbaum would probably have to go too. I empathize with your distress over the season but you are an optimist, and that is good. They must SPEND MONEY this year. That will be on Tannenbaum and Woody. In my opiion they must sign at least 2 premier FAs, elite players. Enough of this Joe Football Player stuff. The best teams all sport gamebreaking talent. And we must not trade our number one in a weak draft so we can get two better than average football players. Grab the big talent. I think Revis, Harris and Rhodes are big talents. Maybe Mangold too. Although I am not sure how good he was at calling the line adjustments this year, when our guys got sacked 50 times. Still, he is smart and still a little green. He will be a very good, if not great, center. Next year will be the year Ferguson shows whether he is the real deal or not. He is not terrible. People talk about him like he is Jeff Criswell. He is not. But 3 years experience should tell the story. He must improve next year. Finally, so many people on this site talk about defense. Folks, watch the games.. WE CANNOT SCORE. I know the D has sucked the first half of each year, and that should definitely not have happened in the second year. What is training camp for? But while we need a pass rusher and another LB (we could sign one player and accomplish both), it is the Offense that is shredded. I do not care how classy some people think Chad is or how tough Coles is. The fact is they are not major talents and they are being paid like major talents. Plus Coles is starting to miss games and had no yardage this year. More than anything we need to add speed. You are right. Speed, and talent on offense. We have almost no offensive talent by NFL standards. I could not possibly evaluate a kid like Clemens based on what he was surrounded with this year. These guys stink. Our Ol is awful. Baker has good hands yes. But he has not stretched the field at all and he is an average blocker. So let's not overrate him just because Schott does not use him enough. Cotchery, to me, is a good, tough, slot receiver. Thomas Jones is a dud. Does he have any peripheral vision.? I saw Marshawn Lynch slide off a jammed goal line play against the Jints and score easily. Jones never does that. He is always stopped first shot at the goal line. That cannot be all on the OL. He has had oportunities to bounce plays outside all year and has done it maybe twice. I am not necessarily in favor of drafting McFadden but he could be a game breaker. And he really helps the QB. And there are no great wideouts at the top of the draft. Sure our OL sucks and we may not fix it in one year but you can still take a top RB. We may not be in position to do so next year.

Okay, enough blathering. I agree that I like Berrian. I fear a guy like Suggs could be franchised but we might be able to draft a pass rusher in round 2. Supposedly the Jets will have about 28 million in cap room (before it is increased). I am optimistic as well. But we have to spend. Two OL (one draft and one FA). Top WR (FA). Another DL (FA) Draft a big time player with pick one. Get a new DC(Ryan?). Maybe a new OC (Daboll?-why is he here? Last year they thought they would lose Schott this year. I think he is the heir apparent) Get the defense going by game one next year. Hear that, Woody? Get out the checkbook.

Have a wonderful New Year and keep the faith!

I have always suspected that Mangini makes all personnel calls but that Mr T decides how much money will be spent. Tannenbaum is not a personnel guy. If Mangini were to go, then Tannenbaum would probably have to go too. I empathize with your distress over the season but you are an optimist, and that is good. They must SPEND MONEY this year. That will be on Tannenbaum and Woody. In my opiion they must sign at least 2 premier FAs, elite players. Enough of this Joe Football Player stuff. The best teams all sport gamebreaking talent. And we must not trade our number one in a weak draft so we can get two better than average football players. Grab the big talent. I think Revis, Harris and Rhodes are big talents. Maybe Mangold too. Although I am not sure how good he was at calling the line adjustments this year, when our guys got sacked 50 times. Still, he is smart and still a little green. He will be a very good, if not great, center. Next year will be the year Ferguson shows whether he is the real deal or not. He is not terrible. People talk about him like he is Jeff Criswell. He is not. But 3 years experience should tell the story. He must improve next year. Finally, so many people on this site talk about defense. Folks, watch the games.. WE CANNOT SCORE. I know the D has sucked the first half of each year, and that should definitely not have happened in the second year. What is training camp for? But while we need a pass rusher and another LB (we could sign one player and accomplish both), it is the Offense that is shredded. I do not care how classy some people think Chad is or how tough Coles is. The fact is they are not major talents and they are being paid like major talents. Plus Coles is starting to miss games and had no yardage this year. More than anything we need to add speed. You are right. Speed, and talent on offense. We have almost no offensive talent by NFL standards. I could not possibly evaluate a kid like Clemens based on what he was surrounded with this year. These guys stink. Our OL is awful. Baker has good hands yes. But he has not stretched the field at all and he is an average blocker. So let's not overrate him just because Schott does not use him enough. Cotchery, to me, is a good, tough, slot receiver. Thomas Jones is a dud. Does he have any peripheral vision.? I saw Marshawn Lynch slide off a jammed goal line play against the Jints and score easily. Jones never does that. He is always stopped first shot at the goal line. That cannot be all on the OL. He has had oportunities to bounce plays outside all year and has done it maybe twice. I am not necessarily in favor of drafting McFadden but he could be a game breaker. And he really helps the QB. And there are no great wideouts at the top of the draft. Sure our OL sucks and we may not fix it in one year but you can still take a top RB. We may not be in position to do so next year.

Okay, enough blathering. I agree that I like Berrian. I fear a guy like Suggs could be franchised but we might be able to draft a pass rusher in round 2. Supposedly the Jets will have about 28 million in cap room (before it is increased). I am optimistic as well. But we have to spend. Two OL (one draft and one FA). Top WR (FA). Another DL (FA) Draft a big time player with pick one. Get a new DC(Ryan?). Maybe a new OC (Daboll?-why is he here? Last year they thought they would lose Schott this year. I think he is the heir apparent) Get the defense going by game one next year. Hear that, Woody? Get out the checkbook.

Have a wonderful New Year and keep the faith!

Archived