All this talk about the cold...

TaborJet

Enough already.

After today, no NFL player will see cold weather until next December. The Super Bowl is in Arizona, to which I dislike. I like the thought of a Super Bowl in winter conditions.

The players are out there for what, three hours? I was outside for nine today. And I'll be right back out there tomorrow.

Enough already.

After today, no NFL player will see cold weather until next December. The Super Bowl is in Arizona, to which I dislike. I like the thought of a Super Bowl in winter conditions.

The players are out there for what, three hours? I was outside for nine today. And I'll be right back out there tomorrow.

I hate the idea of the Super Bowl in winter conditions.

heck, I hate the idea of THESE games in these conditions.

I'd rather watch the teams play freely, not have their play effected by the weather. I know, weather is part of football though.

You may have been outside for 9 hours.. You may have been working hard while you did it, but you weren't exerting yourself like these guys, you weren't getting hit by a 300 lb guy who can run a 4.5, and you were not playing a game that requires tons of feel in your hands. You also were out in probably 25* temps, not 0.

Enough already.

but did you have to catch a football?

Or get to sit on heated benches???

Or wear those sexy uniforms in cold weather??

Its the media making a big deal about it.... players are just dealing with it.

I'd rather watch the teams play freely, not have their play effected by the weather. I know, weather is part of football though.

You may have been outside for 9 hours.. You may have been working hard while you did it, but you weren't exerting yourself like these guys, you weren't getting hit by a 300 lb guy who can run a 4.5, and you were not playing a game that requires tons of feel in your hands. You also were out in probably 25* temps, not 0.

Um that's a bad analogy. Plenty of people work their butts off, make no money, and do it for 18 hours a day in cold weather. Saying football players have it rough is kind of ridiculous when compared to what a lot of people do for a living.

Yeah if you work in an office and are a lazy person who does enough just to get by, then you probably aren't burning too many calories. But somebody killing themselves outside in the same conditions for 9 hours on top of overtime or other jobs just to put food on their table is a lot worse than some NFL player playing for 10 minutes at a time at most.

I agree that sports players do work hard and do a lot of work, but claiming they work harder than everybody else, is far far from the truth.

You may have been outside for 9 hours.. You may have been working hard while you did it, but you weren't exerting yourself like these guys, you weren't getting hit by a 300 lb guy and you were not playing a game that requires tons of feel in your hands. You also were out in probably 25* temps, not 0.

you try to be a male prositute. His "john" is well over 300lbs and like to "pound him" to teach TJ a lesson. And his job does require good hands. Its tough giving a handie when you cant feel your hands..

football is a game that is played with the elements. We had a regular season game that affected the playoffs that was played in horrendous weather.

If the game can be played in the elements for 19 weeks, why do we take it away for 1 game?

Um that's a bad analogy. Plenty of people work their butts off, make no money, and do it for 18 hours a day in cold weather. Saying football players have it rough is kind of ridiculous when compared to what a lot of people do for a living.

Yeah if you work in an office and are a lazy person who does enough just to get by, then you probably aren't burning too many calories. But somebody killing themselves outside in the same conditions for 9 hours on top of overtime or other jobs just to put food on their table is a lot worse than some NFL player playing for 10 minutes at a time at most.

I agree that sports players do work hard and do a lot of work, but claiming they work harder than everybody else, is far far from the truth.

Where did you read that I said it was not tough for them too?

But to say stop whining is ridiculous.

They have it rough because they get paid 10X less, if not less than that.. not because of the cold.. because it's the same for both.

Enough already.

I agree with you. I worked on a loading dock--- a graveyard shift no less--- in this crap.

These people should STFU and play.

Archived