Mets looking at Odalis Perez

AFJF

Mets fans, would you prefer Perez or Lohse?

According to the New York Post the New York Mets, who have been unable to deal for a front-line starter, also are reportedly talking to free-agent pitcher Odalis Perez, who was 8-11 for the Royals last season. The nine-year veteran is 66-70 lifetime with a 4.21 ERA.

Source: New York Post

Related: New York Mets

Mets fans, would you prefer Perez or Lohse?

According to the New York Post the New York Mets, who have been unable to deal for a front-line starter, also are reportedly talking to free-agent pitcher Odalis Perez, who was 8-11 for the Royals last season. The nine-year veteran is 66-70 lifetime with a 4.21 ERA.

Source: New York Post

Related: New York Mets

Actually, neither. But gun to my head, Lohse. He actually pitched decent down the stretch, in a small ball park.

Perez is a gutless, whiner who teams quickly sour on because of his temperament.

Actually, neither. But gun to my head, Lohse. He actually pitched decent down the stretch, in a small ball park.

Perez is a gutless, whiner who teams quickly sour on because of his temperament.

Thanks Scott, I didn't know anything about Perez before this. I thought they were still interested in Livian Hernandez as well ? Maybe they are trying to push the Twins into thinking that they are headed in a different direction. Perez might have better luck than his 8-11 last year over in the NL without the DH. Nobody however needs a whining cancer in the dugout.

Thanks Scott, I didn't know anything about Perez before this. I thought they were still interested in Livian Hernandez as well ? Maybe they are trying to push the Twins into thinking that they are headed in a different direction. Perez might have better luck than his 8-11 last year over in the NL without the DH. Nobody however needs a whining cancer in the dugout.

After he was traded to the Dodgers from the Braves, he was complaining how he was being used, how the club handled him and criticizing the team. they had to eventually just dump him.

He had a little talent at one time, but there is a reason he moves from club to club.

If teh Mets do not do a trade for a frontline starter, the will be picking up some schlub, just to give some innings. I do believe that without a starter they feel that they are Pedro, El Duque, Maine, Perez and Pelfrey.

But that justifiably does not make them comfortable.

• 8 months later...

Archived