Jets Eye a Few At Senior Bowl

DaBrick Wall

Scott Wright at the NFLDraftCountdown has noted that the Jets have been checking out a couple of prospects at the Senior Bowl. I will give a quick recap for each player just to get a few notes on them.

RB - Dantrell Savage - Oklahoma St.

Projected: Mid-Round Pick

Notes: Very similar in terms of size with Jets RB Leon Washington. Projects to be a situational or third-down back as well as a return man in the NFL.

RB - Matt Forte - Tulane

Projected: Mid-Round Pick

Notes: Rushed for 2,127 yards on 361 attempts with 23 touchdowns for the Tulane Green Wave in his senior season.

TE - Martin Rucker - Missouri

Projected: 2nd or 3rd Rounder

Notes: Brother to Carolina Panthers defensive end Mike Rucker. Basically a

Cromartie obviously piqued my interest, if only because of his brother. Both of the OTs seem too small for RT, but Cherilus seems worth looking at, as he protected arguably the best QB in college football this year.

Cromartie sounds like he may be another Justin Miller. we already have 2 kick returners. I doubt he's at the level of his brother, but you never know?

TE-Ruckers sounds like a nice pick in the 3rd. We could use a good receiving TE.

Yea, I know but I'm talking like Kellen Winslow type.

Well if your talking kellen winslow type than you shouldn't be talking about rucker. He is talented, but he looked pretty bad in pass pro and i've seen baker make better catches than rucker, hell baker has better hands in my opinion. Chris baker could be a fantastic red zone threat if we had an oline that didn't need one of our most reliable recievers chipping the DE everytime.

Archived