Drayton Florence

NYjet10

You know, people knock Florence on the whole "The Chargers drafted Antonio Cromartie for a reason" thing, but I'm not one of the believers it was because Florence was a horrible starting Corner. Cromartie, although often injuried in college, always flashed shutdown Cornerback ability and the Chargers nabbed him hoping that if he stayed healthy in the pro's he could show the world why they selected him in Round 1.

He's done exactly that.

Florence, IMO, could be a number two Corner elsewhere, but not in San Diego. Right now, they'd be foolish to let him go. They have a nice pair of Cornerbacks from 1-3.

I odn't know, 124...Jammer seems pretty overrated. The Jets went right after him with the duo of Penny to Moss (not exactly electrofying). They went after him knowing that Jammer was the better of the two corners, and he still sucked.

I know they signed Jammer to a longer term deal, so maybe he has improved since I've last taken note. To put it plainly, i wouldn't want Jammer on the Jets, and we have david ****ing Barrett. :)

drago, that was 2004 and SuperJam was still young. However, now he is a seasoned veteran who is finally playing up to potential. Also, that throw by PennyBoyWonder was a great throw (man, how many times can someone say that with seriousness?).

Oh, and even though I know this already, YOU'RE F'ING NUTS!

SuperJam > 15 Yard Cushion Barrett.

Anyday.

Quentin Jammer is by far the best cover corner on their team. Even better than Cromartie. He's not the playmaker AC is but he's very solid in coverage and doesn't give up nearly as many big plays.

Florence is a decent CB (Not as good as Jammer or AC) and a very solid #2 guy, I would rake him anyday on the Jets.

I am not in love with Drayton Florence. Or Gay for that matter. Either would probably be an upgrade for the Jets, but I wouldn't expect either to play any better than Dyson in '06. I think the Jets should make a decent push for Samuel. If his contract is going to be huge the Jets should pass, but he is significantly better than Florence or Gay.

I am not in love with Drayton Florence. Or Gay for that matter. Either would probably be an upgrade for the Jets, but I wouldn't expect either to play any better than Dyson in '06. I think the Jets should make a decent push for Samuel. If his contract is going to be huge the Jets should pass, but he is significantly better than Florence or Gay.

Samuel and Asomugha would be the ideal pickups at CB but they would require big time contracts ad considering we already have a #1 CB I'm so sure that would be great investment. #2 CB's can be found and I'd be perfectly happy if the production from the second guy was like you said similar to Dysons in 06 (remember he was playing #1 in 06). If we could sign Florence I think we would be left with enough cap space to make a big splash at even higher profile FA's which would also help solve other areas, maybe Suggs at LB + a WR or something like that.

Samuel and Asomugha would be the ideal pickups at CB but they would require big time contracts ad considering we already have a #1 CB I'm so sure that would be great investment. #2 CB's can be found and I'd be perfectly happy if the production from the second guy was like you said similar to Dysons in 06 (remember he was playing #1 in 06). If we could sign Florence I think we would be left with enough cap space to make a big splash at even higher profile FA's which would also help solve other areas, maybe Suggs at LB + a WR or something like that.

My point is that we should make a push for the better players and then settle if forced. If Samuel or Asomugha comes in affordable I would hate to be stuck with Florence or Gay for a slight discount. Obviously that probably won't happen, but bring them in and try. I'd also prefer Trufant to Florence.

Archived