Joe Flacco

Favorite_Toon

I hate people that have no fckn Idea what there talking about.... So you pick the only other really tall qb and compare him to him... to diff players...

Hes tall, mobile for a big man and has a great arm..not good..great... quick release and extremely accurate..

Dude,

If you want a messageboard that agrees with you 100% go somewhere else. I'm just a guy with an internet connection and keyboard. Maybe like you? The facts are stubborn...he has a strong arm but wilts under pressue. The NFL will bring even more pressure and he will struggle. I'll pass. Get over it.

:baby:

IMO...Flacco has a strong arm but a weak game. He reminds me of Dan McGuire. Will fold under any pressure in the pocket. I’d be disappointed if we got him in the 6th round.

What are your credentials? How do we know you know what your talking about?

I would prefer to write it across the Lombardi Trophy but this will have to do for now.

and stop doing bad things with my avatar!!!

LOL!

Could be, could very well be.

So thats why he's so angry. He hates himself for not knowing what he is talking about.

Yeah ok.. I dont know what im talking about huh..your comapring him to mark mcgwire's brother... played on seattlle for a lil bit.. just because hes tall..

Thats retarded... he does not throw side arm... and matter of fact hes listed at the third best qb in this draft ahead of ainge..woodson and the rest of those bums..

He is what 6'5", NFL likes big, strong, athletic quarterbacks and Flacco fits the bill, the big quesition is did he play against strong enough competition to start right away in the NFL.

So tell me why he compares to Dan Mcgwire? Tell all of us an intelligent reason why he does? other then hes tall...

Yeah ok.. I dont know what im talking about huh..your comapring him to mark mcgwire's brother... played on seattlle for a lil bit.. just because hes tall..

Thats retarded... he does not throw side arm... and matter of fact hes listed at the third best qb in this draft ahead of ainge..woodson and the rest of those bums..

He is what 6'5", NFL likes big, strong, athletic quarterbacks and Flacco fits the bill, the big quesition is did he play against strong enough competition to start right away in the NFL.

So tell me why he compares to Dan Mcgwire? Tell all of us an intelligent reason why he does? other then hes tall...

why compare McTackled to Peterson just cause they are both fast? Please do so with out using subjective terms such as 'vision' cause all i see of his vision is what forest gump sees, run forward.

So tell me why he compares to Adrian Peterson? Tell all of us an intelligent reason why he does? other than hes fast...

It might not be sidearm but it's close. On the shorter throws it looks like he's throwing sidearm but more 3/4 on longer passes.

I'm not even saying it's a bad thing considering his height. When you embelish as much as you have it just looks like you have an agenda.

He might have the tools to play but it's a pretty big jump from 1-AA to the NFL

why compare McTackled to Peterson just cause they are both fast? Please do so with out using subjective terms such as 'vision' cause all i see of his vision is what forest gump sees, run forward.

So tell me why he compares to Adrian Peterson? Tell all of us an intelligent reason why he does? other than hes fast...

They both run upright... there both fast..mcfadden is a better reciever though... and petersons number were horrible the last 5 games... after teams started stacking 8 in the box..

They both run upright... there both fast..mcfadden is a better reciever though... and petersons number were horrible the last 5 games... after teams started stacking 8 in the box..

i'd like a top 10 running back to be able to break tackles. funny how that wasn't mentioned, which is peterson's best quality, that, and his elusiveness.

I thought we weren't mentioning speed? :confused:

The point is this...every year in the draft there is a QB that some fans and prognosticators are are all talking about because he has a strong arm like that is all that matters to play QB in the NFL. Flacco is just this year's flavor. Mcgwire is one example or maybe you prefer Jim Druckenmiller. David Carr, Kyle Boller and JP Losman are more recent examples. It takes more than a strong arm to play QB in the NFL. The height and arm strenth is just a mirage. He needs to play with poise in the pocket and bring some leadership to his team. Maybe Flacco makes it, maybe he's a good kid but I'd rather not watch him try with the JETS.

The point is this...every year in the draft there is a QB that some fans and prognosticators are are all talking about because he has a strong arm like that is all that matters to play QB in the NFL. Flacco is just this year's flavor. Mcgwire is one example or maybe you prefer Jim Druckenmiller. David Carr, Kyle Boller and JP Losman are more recent examples. It takes more than a strong arm to play QB in the NFL. The height and arm strenth is just a mirage. He needs to play with poise in the pocket and bring some leadership to his team. Maybe Flacco makes it, maybe he's a good kid but I'd rather not watch him try with the JETS.

I rather have him try it on the jets then watch clemons keep trying it... and failing.. matter of fact for all the tall qbs that you mention that have a great arm.. I can mention ones that did workout..

Marino (not everyone was sold on him thats why we passed on him) Rothlisberger came out of the blue.. I remember they were all talking about manning and rivers more then him..he raised his stock level at the combine.. also jamarcus russell was a late bloomer aswell..

Im not saying he wil be the great... im just saying maybe hes worth seeing if he will be.. how about Broem?

I rather have him try it on the jets then watch clemons keep trying it... and failing.. matter of fact for all the tall qbs that you mention that have a great arm.. I can mention ones that did workout..

Marino (not everyone was sold on him thats why we passed on him) Rothlisberger came out of the blue.. I remember they were all talking about manning and rivers more then him..he raised his stock level at the combine.. also jamarcus russell was a late bloomer aswell..

Im not saying he wil be the great... im just saying maybe hes worth seeing if he will be.. how about Broem?

All of the guys you mentioned had proper release points when passing and wouldn't have underthrown a WR as badly as Flacco did in the Senior Bowl. None of them would fold under pressure either.

With the hype that is surrounding him now i wouldn't be suprised to see some team draft him in the end of the first round. I would hope you don't think we should grab him in the 1st.

All of the guys you mentioned had proper release points when passing and wouldn't have underthrown a WR as badly as Flacco did in the Senior Bowl. None of them would fold under pressure either.

VY is 200x the athlete Flacco is and also has a stronger arm. If VY had Flacco's legs and arm strength I wouldn't have drafted him at all prolly.

Not even close!!! first of yes he is a better athlete... but a stronger arm... dont think so...

Flacco won the long distance throw competition in ESPN's State Farm College Football All-Star Challenge with a 74 yard throw. "He stated that he could thrown 80 yards if it was a spiral"

Not even close!!! first of yes he is a better athlete... but a stronger arm... dont think so...

Flacco won the long distance throw competition in ESPN's State Farm College Football All-Star Challenge with a 74 yard throw. "He stated that he could thrown 80 yards if it was a spiral"

i'm sold. he won a distance competition, i think we need to not only draft him in the first round, but we must trade up to do so.

Anyone that can throw 80 yards on the fly is an automatic all-pro QB. Put mcfadden behind him, and that team will be better than the 07 Detroit Lines. Unstoppable.

i'm sold. he won a distance competition, i think we need to not only draft him in the first round, but we must trade up to do so.

Anyone that can throw 80 yards on the fly is an automatic all-pro QB. Put mcfadden behind him, and that team will be better than the 07 Detroit Lines. Unstoppable.

whats a matter drago? are u a fckn moron? im replying to someone that stated vince young has a better arm... thats all I was saying..not saying hes a great qb cause he has a great arm...

And you are wrong about anyone can throw 80 yards... I been watching qb competitions sice the days of marino and boomer...Cunningham had the record at 71 yards... all the rest couldnt even throw 65 yards down field

YFAc3Puo68k

Lets look at this gem of a throw. This was prolly the most underthrown ball I have ever seen.

10:53 a.m. - Delaware quarterback Joe Flacco certainly wasn't lacking in confidence as he met with the media this morning. When asked if he felt he had something to prove because he didn't come out of a major college football program, Flacco replied, "I don't think I have too much to prove if you watch the film." And in regards to the fact that he didn't play for a major football program, he shrugged the issue off saying, "I think if you can play, you can play."

Flacco also mentioned that he was proud of the fact that he only threw five interceptions during his senior year.

I love this guy...def worth a second round pick..

I'm not in favor of wasting a second round pick as you suggested to "see if he will". We have too many needs to waste a pick on a long shot QB prospect. The OL needs serious repair if we even want to keep Clemens or any JETS QB upright. Flacco is nowhere near as ready as Marino or Big Ben. Marino played at a big school program and the knock on him, if I recall, centered on marijuana use or character concerns not QB play. Big Ben came from a smaller school but at college he had the reputation as a leader who made the players around him better. Plus he used his athletic ability to make plays when the pocket collapsed. He has only improved in the NFL. Flacco as RSJ suggests has not displayed the proper mechanics or responded well to pressure. In the NFL this pressure will only increase and I suggest he will only struggle more. I like Brohm more than Flacco although thats not saying I would pick him any higher than the sixth. He is probably valued higher than that but the JETS have too many needs on the OL and defensive front seven to justify. I'd prefer to take a flyer on Flynn in the 7th round or as an UDFA.

whats a matter drago? are u a fckn moron? im replying to someone that stated vince young has a better arm... thats all I was saying..not saying hes a great qb cause he has a great arm...

And you are wrong about anyone can throw 80 yards... I been watching qb competitions sice the days of marino and boomer...Cunningham had the record at 71 yards... all the rest couldnt even throw 65 yards down field

point is...who cares if he can throw it 80 yards?

You guy's are judging Flacco on his performance in the senior bowl? Is that not like the pro bowl in the nfl. I would'nt expect any one to light it up without any kind of feel for his recievers. I watched Flacco in some you tube clips someone posted and I was sold, he extended drives due to pocket awareness and mobility, and made some killer throws on the run and under pressure, and yes some were side armed and or low release point,(reminds me of Favre) but that is correctable, for those reasons I think he will do fine once he settles in on the nfl. If we can, we should take a shot on him.

But what do I know I'm just a Jarhead!!

Semper fi

You guy's are judging Flacco on his performance in the senior bowl? Is that not like the pro bowl in the nfl. I would'nt expect any one to light it up without any kind of feel for his recievers. I watched Flacco in some you tube clips someone posted and I was sold, he extended drives due to pocket awareness and mobility, and made some killer throws on the run and under pressure, and yes some were side armed and or low release point,(reminds me of Favre) but that is correctable, for those reasons I think he will do fine once he settles in on the nfl. If we can, we should take a shot on him.

I agree that judging him on the senior bowl is not the best idea but either is judging him on a highlight tape.

The main issue is that he is a small school QB from Div 1-AA

How many College QBs could of dropped down to 1-AA and lit it up? I'm guessing quite a few.

Thats not to say he might not end up being great but just would be perceived as a larger risk.

I agree that judging him on the senior bowl is not the best idea but either is judging him on a highlight tape.

The main issue is that he is a small school QB from Div 1-AA

How many College QBs could of dropped down to 1-AA and lit it up? I'm guessing quite a few.

Thats not to say he might not end up being great but just would be perceived as a larger risk.

I agree, but what I saw in the highlight reels was instinct and I liked what I saw, that type of play cannot be taught, "adapt and overcome" is my favorite mindset thanks to the Corps, and Flacco has that capability, Clemens doesnt give me the same feeling with his play. Now Chad (2002) wouldnt be percieved as a good comparison, but he and Randy Moss were small school, Wayne Chrebet (walk on) Zach Thomas (too small) all these players have excelled, christs sake Tom Brady was supposed to be a back up qb now look at where he is, The same small school arguement could be used for how well he is coached, surely small school coaches are not as good as larger schools right? i still think we should take a shot at him. Because if he does pan out for another team, dolphins, pats, buffalo, etc. we will abe kicking ourselves in the arse. Because we did not stretch and take the chance.

Semper fi

I've seen him play a IN REAL LIFE. He looked just like what you would expect from a I-AA QB.

Nothing special. A late-round pick at best.

Get over the hype.

Well I bow down to your wealth of knowledge, when I saw these clips half of the world had no idea who he was. Now, he had to impress some people in order to play in the senior bowl. I just said I liked what I saw, and that I thought it was instincts. Please do not suggest to me on what I should do! Unless you can pull rank on me, kick my a$$, or otherwise persuade me to change my mind on some intelligent input, otherwise keep your thoughts to what I should do to yourself. I still think we should take a shot on him.

Semper fi

Archived