34 OLB potentials

BroadwayJoe12

I really like Harvey and Groves. I think they are more sure things in the NFL than Gholston, though his upside might be higher.

I saw Crable play a few times and don't understand why he isnt more highly regarded. He looks to be an incredible athlete. If the Jets dont prioiritize OLB in the top two rounds (which would mean they have signed someone to play the position - maybe Pace) then he's a guy I'd be happy for the Jets to try (the anti-Schlegel).

I totally agree about Crable, can't believe no one is talking about him. He was great in Michigan. I wouldn't be against the idea of reuniting him and Harris in our LB core.

I really like Harvey and Groves. I think they are more sure things in the NFL than Gholston, though his upside might be higher.

I saw Crable play a few times and don't understand why he isnt more highly regarded. He looks to be an incredible athlete. If the Jets dont prioiritize OLB in the top two rounds (which would mean they have signed someone to play the position - maybe Pace) then he's a guy I'd be happy for the Jets to try (the anti-Schlegel).

I like both harvey and groves, but they are very suspect in playing the run compared to gholston. However, I wouldn't be opposed to getting groves and a different prospect if we were able to trade down.

I like both harvey and groves, but they are very suspect in playing the run compared to gholston. However, I wouldn't be opposed to getting groves and a different prospect if we were able to trade down.

I agree, if we're not getting Gholston we should try and tarde down. There are some decent options later on in the 1st.

Playing the run as an OLB in Mangini's 3-4 is a different animal. Its about containing the edge. Given these guys' other strengths I think overall they would be great OLBs for the Jets. Gholston, of course is stronger, but to have an extra player I would do it.

Playing the run as an OLB in Mangini's 3-4 is a different animal. Its about containing the edge. Given these guys' other strengths I think overall they would be great OLBs for the Jets. Gholston, of course is stronger, but to have an extra player I would do it.

All for not, I'd rather have the most hyped OLB prospect available. Gholston is clearly our guy.

Problem with the bench-press is you can use the bench for leverage. A 320-lb prospect is less movable (or can move/shove around more himself) than a 220-lb man. I don't care how many times they throw 225 lbs up there. That guy Rubin tossed it up 34x. Gholston 37. Anyone think Gholston would make as effective of a NT? I don't either.

What I don't get about the combine is why they only do bench press. Why not do squats, or better yet some power lifts like hang cleans? Yeah, upper body strength is important for football, but leg strength is even more telling. I don't really care how much McFadden can bench, but I'd love to know how much he can squat. That would tell you a ton about his ability to drive through tacklers and push guys that extra yard into the endzone. Plus, why do they do reps at a set weight? Why not find out their maxes? Nowadays all guys do to get ready for the combine is the run and bench press 225.

What I don't get about the combine is why they only do bench press. Why not do squats, or better yet some power lifts like hang cleans? Yeah, upper body strength is important for football, but leg strength is even more telling. I don't really care how much McFadden can bench, but I'd love to know how much he can squat. That would tell you a ton about his ability to drive through tacklers and push guys that extra yard into the endzone. Plus, why do they do reps at a set weight? Why not find out their maxes? Nowadays all guys do to get ready for the combine is the run and bench press 225.

Too much change for injuries. That's why they do reps instead of weight.

Archived