ESPN Classic last night

Scott Dierking

Highlighted 2 games from the 1981 Season, the weekend of DEC. 19-20.

I had totally forgotten about this scenario: The Giants played on Saturday and had to beat The Cowboys (which they did in OT) and THEN , hope for the Jets to beat the Packers to get in.

The Jets as well, after an 0-3 start needed a win to get in.

As we all know the Jets crushed the Packers that day with Nine (Count 'em Ferris NINE) sacks and TD bombs to Lam Jones (He held on to the ball!) and Wesley Walker. Harper crashed through on another TD run.

I had remebered the game, but forgotten the circumstance that the Jets put the Giants in.

It was great to see Buttle and Mehl in a little bit of action. Even had a Darroll Ray and Tom Newton sighting.

Highlighted 2 games from the 1981 Season, the weekend of DEC. 19-20.

I had totally forgotten about this scenario: The Giants played on Saturday and had to beat The Cowboys (which they did in OT) and THEN , hope for the Jets to beat the Packers to get in.

The Jets as well, after an 0-3 start needed a win to get in.

As we all know the Jets crushed the Packers that day with Nine (Count 'em Ferris NINE) sacks and TD bombs to Lam Jones (He held on to the ball!) and Wesley Walker. Harper crashed through on another TD run.

I had remebered the game, but forgotten the circumstance that the Jets put the Giants in.

It was great to see Buttle and Mehl in a little bit of action. Even had a Darroll Ray and Tom Newton sighting.

Archived