New Espn Mock.. Only Insiders

Favorite_Toon

Miami Dolphins -- Matt Ryan, QB, Boston CollegeRecord: 1-15 | Needs: OL, DT, LB, CB, QB

Previous mock selection: Same

The odds are good that Miami will be stuck with this pick. After all, no pick in the top seven has been dealt since the 2004 draft. This pick should come down to three players: Ryan, OT Jake Long and DE Chris Long. By no means am I convinced that Ryan is the pick. In fact, if the Dolphins do not sign a tackle in free agency, then Jake Long becomes the logical choice. However, until there's word from Dolphins camp that John Beck is the quarterback of the future, Ryan makes the most sense. Ryan has all the physical tools of a franchise quarterback and -- more importantly -- he possesses rare intangibles.

stl.gif2. St. Louis Rams -- Chris Long, DE, Virginia

Record: 3-13 | Needs: DE, OT/G, CB, OLB, WR

If the Rams draft Jake Long, there's a good chance they would have to move him to right tackle or guard for the next couple of seasons while perennial Pro Bowl tackle Orlando Pace finishes out his career. Paying that type of money for a guard is a tough pill to swallow. Dorsey and fellow DT Sedrick Ellis have been mentioned with this pick, but the team has blown a lot of money on the defensive line in recent years and shouldn't push its luck after scoring with Adam Carriker a year ago.

While nothing seems to fit perfectly here, Chris Long makes the most sense. Long is not a prototypical edge rusher, but he's a dominant playmaker with rare versatility and a motor that never quits. He can serve as a good complement at left end opposite the speedy Leonard Little, who recently reworked his contract.

atl.gif3. Atlanta Falcons -- Jake Long, OT, Michigan

Record: 4-12 | Needs: QB, OT, DT, RB, S

Previous mock selection: Darren McFadden, RB, Arkansas

Ryan should be the Falcons' selection if he's available. If not, it will be a difficult decision between McFadden, Dorsey and Jake Long. The team has needs at all three positions, but upgrading its offensive line is most pressing and Long is without question the safest choice.

oak.gif4. Oakland Raiders -- Glenn Dorsey, DT, LSU

Record: 4-12 | Needs: OT, DT, WR, DE, RB

The Raiders are financially strapped and will not want to dish out top-five money one year after selecting QB JaMarcus Russell with the top overall pick. If McFadden is still on the board, don't count out a blockbuster trade by owner Al Davis, since Cowboys owner and Arkansas alum Jerry Jones already has made his interest known.

Retaining Tommy Kelly gives the Raiders two good defensive linemen, and while that certainly frees the team up to go in a different direction with this pick (McFadden?), it does not eliminate Dorsey or Ellis from the discussion. Assuming he is cleared medically by team doctors, Dorsey is rated higher than Ellis and should be the pick. He could provide the type of interior disruption the Raiders' defense was lacking a year ago.

kan.gif5. Kansas City Chiefs -- Ryan Clady, OT, Boise State

Record: 4-12 | Needs: LOT, G, CB, DE, C

Previous mock selection: Jake Long, OT, Michigan

The Chiefs' No. 1 priority this offseason should be solidifying their offensive front. However, with Jake Long off the board in this scenario, Kansas City is faced with the unenviable decision of drafting need versus value. Clady is not a top-five prospect, nor is any other tackle in this class for that matter. The team ideally would like to trade down and still get Clady, Chris Williams or Jeff Otah, which is a possibility considering McFadden, Ellis and DE/OLB Vernon Gholston are still on the board. If stuck at No. 5, though, the assumption is Kansas City will draft the highest-rated tackle on its board.

nyj.gif6. New York Jets -- Darren McFadden, RB, Arkansas

Record: 4-12 | Needs: NT, WR, LB, G, RB

Projected pick: Same

McFadden is the value pick, Gholston is the need pick. If presented with this opportunity, the Jets should take a page out of the Vikings' book and pull the trigger on McFadden. While he's not a yard-churning bell cow like Peterson, McFadden is an elite athlete with the size, home run speed and versatility to significantly upgrade the Jets' tired offense from last season.

nwe.gif7. N.E. Patriots (from 5-11 San Francisco) -- Vernon Gholston, DE, Ohio State

Record: 18-1 | Needs: LB, CB, DS, OL, RB

Previous mock selection: Leodis McKelvin, CB, Troy

The Patriots would like to inject some youth at linebacker, which is why Gholston makes so much sense with this pick. Gholston is a bit inconsistent, but he also is one of the premier pass-rushers in the 2008 class and fits perfectly as a rush linebacker in the Pats' 3-4 scheme.

If Gholston is off the board and New England can't trade out, the next priority is to find a replacement for Asante Samuel, a free agent who can't be franchised for a second consecutive year.

The Jets have been extremely active during free agency and have essentially filled four of their biggest holes: OLB (Calvin Pace), OG (Alan Faneca), NT (Kris Jenkins), and RT (Damien Woody). Plus they attempted to deal Dewayne Robertson for two picks, and although that deal fell through, I think it may be a clue as to what the Jets are thinking about coming into the draft. In desperate need of an electric playmaker, I think the Jets have allowed themselves to make a run at Darren McFadden. Moving up just one or two spots could cost them quite a bit, but remember, this team will sacrifice picks to get the guy they want (Revis, Harris in 2007). I’m not sure if it will be at pick 6, but I really like the chances of the 4.33-running monster known as D-Mac ending up a Jet on draft day. But, then again, these are the Jets…

The Jets have been extremely active during free agency and have essentially filled four of their biggest holes: OLB (Calvin Pace), OG (Alan Faneca), NT (Kris Jenkins), and RT (Damien Woody). Plus they attempted to deal Dewayne Robertson for two picks, and although that deal fell through, I think it may be a clue as to what the Jets are thinking about coming into the draft. In desperate need of an electric playmaker, I think the Jets have allowed themselves to make a run at Darren McFadden. Moving up just one or two spots could cost them quite a bit, but remember, this team will sacrifice picks to get the guy they want (Revis, Harris in 2007). I’m not sure if it will be at pick 6, but I really like the chances of the 4.33-running monster known as D-Mac ending up a Jet on draft day. But, then again, these are the Jets…

Who gives a **** if he ran a 4.33 forty if he can't break a tackle?

Reggie Bush was a 4.33 running monster also, bet the Saints are happy about his cap number.

And don't forget Jets great Derrick Blaylock and his impressive 4.33 forty time

Speed is great but everyone in the NFL is fast he's not walking into the end zone untouched like he did in college, he's never going to be a feature back but you wanna pay him like one of the top backs in the league before he ever takes an NFL snap? It's ridiculous, if he drops to us and Jerry Jones really is in love with him because he's from Arkansas then you don't hesitate to trade the pick

Reggie Bush was a 4.33 running monster also, bet the Saints are happy about his cap number.

Speed is great but everyone in the NFL is fast he's not walking into the end zone untouched like he did in college, he's never going to be a feature back but you wanna pay him like one of the top backs in the league before he ever takes an NFL snap? It's ridiculous, if he drops to us and Jerry Jones really is in love with him because he's from Arkansas then you don't hesitate to trade the pick

HES NOT REGGIE BUSH!! Why do people make these insane statements... There game is different..there built different... Ya know... If reggie bush turned out be a stud instead of a mediore player... You wouldnt be comapring him to reggie bush..

You dont like the player.. admit it..

HES NOT REGGIE BUSH!! Why do people make these insane statements... There game is different..there built different... Ya know... If reggie bush turned out be a stud instead of a mediore player... You wouldnt be comapring him to reggie bush..

These same people who are comparing McFadden to Bush are the same people who criticized me for comparing Ferguson to Robert Gallery a few years ago.

It's ok to compare a player to a bust at the same position as long as you don't like the player.

These same people who are comparing McFadden to Bush are the same people who criticized me for comparing Ferguson to Robert Gallery a few years ago.

It's ok to compare a player to a bust at the same position as long as you don't like the player.

Absolutely.. wow robert gallery... what the fck happen to him lol

Isn't it obvious I don't like the player?

I would be fine if we picked him in round 2 or late in round 1 but at pick #6? no thanks.

He compares a lot more to Bush then to Adrian Peterson. McFadden has home run potential but he will never be an every down back he doesn't have to lower body strength to run between the tackles in the NFL, where he isn't going to see gaping holes like he did in college, and how many yards did he pick up out of the gimmick wildhog offense where he lined up as a QB? He isn't worth nearly what it would cost us, and I think Mendenhall is going to be the much better pro back anyway.

I would be fine if we picked him in round 2 or late in round 1 but at pick #6? no thanks.

He compares a lot more to Bush then to Adrian Peterson. McFadden has home run potential but he will never be an every down back he doesn't have to lower body strength to run between the tackles in the NFL, where he isn't going to see gaping holes like he did in college, and how many yards did he pick up out of the gimmick wildhog offense where he lined up as a QB? He isn't worth nearly what it would cost us, and I think Mendenhall is going to be the much better pro back anyway.

Let me ask you something? Do you think adrian peterson wil be an every down back?? he gotten hurt his whole college career and this year he was terrorizing teams and got hurt again.

Macfadden compares more with peterson..both fast both run upright...(running angry)

He compares a lot more to Bush then to Adrian Peterson.

Posts like this make me laugh, I honestly dont know where to start or where to finish, but I do know one thing... I bet you ONLY watched highlights of McFadden this offseason, I bet you NEVER watched more than 7 live games of McFadden rushing the rock. My older brother has the College football package every year and ever since McFadden has been a freshman, I been paying close attention to the kid.

McFadden compares to Reggie Bush? Let me ask you something, does Reggie Bush have a stiff arm? Have you ever seen McFadden use his stiff arm about 3-4 times per game? If you EVER seen McFadden use his stiff arm, you would admit it's LETHAL. One of the best stiff arms the draft has seen in a while.

McFadden compares to Reggie Bush? Ok, Have you ever seen McFadden run from ONE side of the field to the OTHER side of the field like Reggie would do in just about EVERY game while playing at USC? Bush always used his speed with USC to run AROUND defensive players, McFadden uses his speed AND amazing vision to run BY defenders, theres a huge difference in terms of running styles.

McFadden compares to Reggie Bush? Man this is laughable! When have you seen McFadden juke behind the LOS and dance for just about 2 seconds? Bush has below average vision, thats the problem, he struggles on hitting the hole, thats his BIGGEST problem. McFadden has amazing vision and actually ATTACKS the LOS and gets into the secondary with speed, quickness and vision.

McFadden being the next Bush is funny. The Only doubters who can compare McFadden to Bush are the ones who have never seen McFadden run the ball, other than his Youtube highlights. It's funny, because not one ESPN "Expert" has said McFadden would be the next Bush, if that were the case, they would never have McFadden projected in the top 10 or even as the best ATHLETE in the draft, if he was the next "Bust" (The sports Media also learns from thier mistakes, believe it or not)

Im actually all for drafting Gholston, it's just amazing how everyone thinks a player with talent and potential can be the next bust. Just about evryone thought Vince Young would be a bust, I was a believer in Young as soon as he beat the best Team ALL BY HIS SELF, USC. I have believed in McFadden for a while, but at the same time, rushing for over 200 yards vs the National Champions and 3 TD's is also amazing.

Posts like this make me laugh, I honestly dont know where to start or where to finish, but I do know one thing... I bet you ONLY watched highlights of McFadden this offseason, I bet you NEVER watched more than 7 live games of McFadden rushing the rock. My older brother has the College football package every year and ever since McFadden has been a freshman, I been paying close attention to the kid.

McFadden compares to Reggie Bush? Let me ask you something, does Reggie Bush have a stiff arm? Have you ever seen McFadden use his stiff arm about 3-4 times per game? If you EVER seen McFadden use his stiff arm, you would admit it's LETHAL. One of the best stiff arms the draft has seen in a while.

McFadden compares to Reggie Bush? Ok, Have you ever seen McFadden run from ONE side of the field to the OTHER side of the field like Reggie would do in just about EVERY game while playing at USC? Bush always used his speed with USC to run AROUND defensive players, McFadden uses his speed AND amazing vision to run BY defenders, theres a huge difference in terms of running styles.

McFadden compares to Reggie Bush? Man this is laughable! When have you seen McFadden juke behind the LOS and dance for just about 2 seconds? Bush has below average vision, thats the problem, he struggles on hitting the hole, thats his BIGGEST problem. McFadden has amazing vision and actually ATTACKS the LOS and gets into the secondary with speed, quickness and vision.

McFadden being the next Bush is funny. The Only doubters who can compare McFadden to Bush are the ones who have never seen McFadden run the ball, other than his Youtube highlights. It's funny, because not one ESPN "Expert" has said McFadden would be the next Bush, if that were the case, they would never have McFadden projected in the top 10 or even as the best ATHLETE in the draft, if he was the next "Bust" (The sports Media also learns from thier mistakes, believe it or not)

Im actually all for drafting Gholston, it's just amazing how everyone thinks a player with talent and potential can be the next bust. Just about evryone thought Vince Young would be a bust, I was a believer in Young as soon as he beat the best Team ALL BY HIS SELF, USC. I have believed in McFadden for a while, but at the same time, rushing for over 200 yards vs the National Champions and 3 TD's is also amazing.

I said he compares more to Bush then Peterson and I stand by that. He brings more to the table then Bush but he is not in the same league as Peterson, and I watched the LSU game. How many of those yards did he get out of the QB position in the Wildhog formation? That **** doesn't work in the NFL

He is NOT worth the #6 pick and if he falls to us and Jerry Jones wants to deal for him we would be retarded to pass it up. He will always need to share carries, hes not a complete NFL back. So I say let someone else pay him like hes one of the top backs in the NFL. I wouldn't mind having him on the team but not for what he brings to the table at #6, not when we already have Thomas Jones and Leon.

Let me ask you something? Do you think adrian peterson wil be an every down back?? he gotten hurt his whole college career and this year he was terrorizing teams and got hurt again.

Yes

Im sorry, I know everyone is saying that we should pic Gholston, but if Oakland does something stupid ( or smart) and not pick up D-Mc then there is no way in hell we shouldnt draft him. He's the most coveted player in the draft and a helluva athlete. The JETS owe us this month for th stinker of a season they gave us last year.

P.S. Im new here, I hope you guys arent rude to me because Im a female like on the other boards :(

Archived