Gholston or McFadden

aec4

Gholston or McFadden, both available at 6... Who do you take?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Gholston or McFadden, both available at 6... Who do you take?

• McFadden
    • Gholston

Let's see what you guys think if both are on the board...

I say Gholston. I mean, Mc Fadden seems like a good player, but only for a team who can afford his fumbling. The Jets wont be able to. Though I have a feeling that with the team we have and the schedule, we could win 11 games this year but these wont be blowout games across the board.

A team with a high powered offense needs to pick up McFadden, if not then his fumbling will be a very crucial issue to a team like the Jets.

P.S. Yes, he does fumble the football. (Curtis Martin should be his RB coach if we do make the grave mistake by picking this guy up)

I would love to see McFadden as the Jets back for years to come, but at the same time, our Defense was so horrid last season it's really hard to pass up on Gholston who has the potential to be a Ware-Merriman type of 3-4 OLB with his speed, quickness, strength and toughness. We added Pace who is a solid pass rusher but with Pace AND Gholston rushing the QB from the outside, this Defense could be exciting and lethal with Rhodes and Revis in the secondary with Gholston, Harris, Pace, and Jenkins in the front 7.

McFadden may be the best athlete in the draft, I would love to draft him, but this Defense needs some energy and life, Gholston may be the answer.

My vote=Vernon.

Doesnt it sound so good not to get the best player, but the "answer"????

Reps on your quote. :box:

Lets see if you feel the same way in 3 years when Thomas Jones is breaking down and leon Washington is still not an EVERY DOWN back. Im all for Gholston, but Thomas Jones is a fill in, he's not the franchise back that this Jets team needs.

I dont agree with this quote....and I dont think you did this time 1 year ago. When Jones came to this team I doubt that we was looking at him as a 1,400 yard rushing, NFC champion, superbowl participant as a RB that WASNT a franchise RB. Its a damn shame that some people loose that much faith in a dude that had no help in his first year. We were all rev'd up when we got him. Lets see how this year goes with him. I doubt that McFadden would have done any better with the squad last year if we had him.

Besides, we're not building for the future, we're building to win now....3 years dont really matter to a coach that needs to win THIS YEAR.

With the addition of Pace, Gholston is no longer an option, IMO. Bust DMC shouldn't be either, but unfortunatly some believe he is. The Jets would be wise in either trading down and selecting a WR or CB or taking one early at 6 if they cannot trade away the pick for players / several other picks.

I don't think the addition of Pace should eliminate the possibility of Gholston any more than last year's trade & contract for Jones should cross McFadden off the list. Their FA moves should enable them to take the BAP at #6. I get the love for DMc. He's got the higher upside, but that goes along with greater bust potential. Fumbling is a major issue. Whether he's built to withstand the punishment of being an every down back in the NFL is another.

Gholston, I think, is the safer pick. He has the potential to be a monster on the Jets defense, and will probably be no worse than -say- a John Vilma.

I always like the idea of trading down, and agree that a playmaker in the passing game is a huge need for this team. It takes two to tango, though, and usually a couple years for a WR to develop. It would be nice if they could get a vet WR with #1 potential as part of a package for the pick.

I don't think Tangini trades down without getting blown away with an offer, though.

Mcfadden.

As a preface I don't think the Jets would pick Mcfadden if he's there with Gholston (mainly because of the character issues), but right now he's my choice. I know it's unconventional to go offense over defense, maybe even a little irrational, but Mcfadden seems like the right exclamation point to all our offseason moves. I could be wrong, but I don't think the addition of Gholston will make our defense special, better but not special. Mcfadden I think could make our offense special.

Archived