Favre's #4 to be retired in GB

InstantClassic

Favre is like top 5 all time. Go look at his stats. I don't think he's quite as great as multi-SB winners, or even a loser like Dan Marino, but it is hard to claim he doesn't deserve a jersey retirement.

Unless of course you're like me and think retiring jerseys is really silly. I don't mind the jersey # being memorialized and Favre #4 being considered historical, but I think keeping similar numbers for your position players is a good idea. If I was on the Niners I'd want #16 and try to uphold the tradition.

I am glad I had the chance to head out to Lambeau to see Favre play on the frozen tundra. Granted the Jets blew them out but what an incredible football experience that is. That is a must trip for any diehard fan of football

Favre is like top 5 all time. Go look at his stats. I don't think he's quite as great as multi-SB winners, or even a loser like Dan Marino, but it is hard to claim he doesn't deserve a jersey retirement.

Unless of course you're like me and think retiring jerseys is really silly. I don't mind the jersey # being memorialized and Favre #4 being considered historical, but I think keeping similar numbers for your position players is a good idea. If I was on the Niners I'd want #16 and try to uphold the tradition.

montana

elway

unitas

manning

favre

Archived