I figured this would make for an interesting discussion.

NY JET 29

Should Leon become our slot receiver?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Should Leon become our slot receiver?

• Yes, he has that homerun threat everytime he touches the ball, and he will keep defenses guessing.
    • Maybe, only if it's for some plays here and there, but NOT as our #1 slot receiver.
    • No, he is helping this team greatly, and he's doing enough to help our team.

Should we use leon as our slot eceiver? He has the potential to be our Wes Welker. He's fast, and when he gets the ball he has the homerun threat. I feel he'll be very successful there. The only thing is though he's a greta 3rd down back. So my queston is would you accept leon as a slot receiver, or do you feel the responsibilities he has now are helping this team just fine?

Should we use leon as our slot eceiver? He has the potential to be our Wes Welker. He's fast, and when he gets the ball he has the homerun threat. I feel he'll be very successful there. The only thing is though he's a greta 3rd down back. So my queston is would you accept leon as a slot receiver, or do you feel the responsibilities he has now are helping this team just fine?

You have to be kidding. He's 5'8", and a running back. He doesn't have WR hands. He doesn't run RB routes. His routes are primarily around the LOS. He doesn't run over the middle and catch/take hits. No way.

He's a backup/change of pace back and a kick returner. He won't be anything else.

You have to be kidding. He's 5'8", and a running back. He doesn't have WR hands. He doesn't run RB routes. His routes are primarily around the LOS. He doesn't run over the middle and catch/take hits. No way.

He's a backup/change of pace back and a kick returner. He won't be anything else.

He's a great backup/change of pace back and a great kick returner but you're right he really isn't anything more than that.

Leon Washington in the slot would be like putting Wes Welker in the backfield.

It's not going to work.

Oh, I didn't pick any of the options to vote for. I think he's an ok contributor to the team, but if he somehow was off the team tomorrow I don't think he'd be terribly missed. I don't hte him, but I just realize what he is. Remember, Justn Miller took a lot of kicks back too, so maybe it was just the system?

Oh, I didn't pick any of the options to vote for. I think he's an ok contributor to the team, but if he somehow was off the team tomorrow I don't think he'd be terribly missed. I don't hte him, but I just realize what he is. Remember, Justn Miller took a lot of kicks back too, so maybe it was just the system?

Only an OK contributor? He's our only Playmaker on offense. You can possibly put Cotchery in that discussion though. Anyway he is the one on our offense with the homerun threat. About it being just the system in Leon's 3 kick returns he smoked the other team he broke at least 3-4 tackles each one, and when he scored on them no defenders were in sight when he got to the 15 yard line. Also Leon on PR's was just as good on KR's. And we saw Leon on offense. It's not just the system. Leon is a PLAYMAKER period.

Archived