Nice New Park in DC

vanDoug

There isn't a downtown DC per se. They built the park in a rundown neighbor hood.

i just got back from openning night. great ballpark, although the concession lines were rediculously long and it took 30+ minutes to get in the gate due to metal detectors b/c of the president.

the stadium is about 1/2 mile from capitol hill and adjacent to the Navy Yard. The area is part of SE DC and had been pretty run down for years but is turning around. The Dept of Transportation just relocated there and now w/the stadium the whole area is changining. By 2009 there will be bars and restaurants all around the ballpark and it should be a great atmosphere. it is already a significant improvement.

the lerner family talks about the "fan friendly" atmosphere b/c they don't expect much from the team. the nationals actually have a ton of pitching talent in A, and AA. by 2010 they should be competitors.

Well if nobody else is going to say it, I will. I personally think it was ugly as ****, especially the gaps in the fences in the outfield to see the bullpen. I hate ballparks like that and was not impressed.

• 2 months later...

I was at the Nationals game last friday night. What a nice park. They did a really nice job on it. Good sight lines. Good concession choices. Plenty of bathrooms. Only thing I didnt like was the price for parking... $25 bucks! I know its in the city, but DAMN! I could have parked further away, but my Dad had enough problems walking from the car to the stadium...

Definitely in my top ten of ballparks I've visited. too bad they cant sell out the expensive seats.

Archived