Jets Cut WR

jetsrule128

The New York Jets have waived WR Marco Thomas. The announcement was made by Jets general manager Mike Tannenbaum. Thomas (6'1:, 175), who was added to the Jets practice squad Dec. 12, spent a month on the Raiders practice squad after participating in the Giants' 2007 training camp. Thomas played in 43 career games at Western Illinois, recording 109 catches for 1,691 yards and 11 touchdowns. He earned All-Gateway Conference honors as a senior with 58 catches for 738 yards and four TDs.

The New York Jets have waived WR Marco Thomas. The announcement was made by Jets general manager Mike Tannenbaum. Thomas (6'1:, 175), who was added to the Jets practice squad Dec. 12, spent a month on the Raiders practice squad after participating in the Giants' 2007 training camp. Thomas played in 43 career games at Western Illinois, recording 109 catches for 1,691 yards and 11 touchdowns. He earned All-Gateway Conference honors as a senior with 58 catches for 738 yards and four TDs.

That's weird that they cut a practice squad player the day of the draft?

Can you say trade down and get Hardy??!!??

I don't know about you but, cutting someone who was on the practice squa for a month does not equal to drafting a wr, esp trading down for one. Maybe if they cut Stuckey then maybe? (not that I don't want Hardy)

No I dont really think cutting someone off the practice squad but I really want Hardy. We have nobody tall or that is a threat and Hardy would be that guy. I think he is scarier than Mcfadden.

I'd love to have Hardy too, but he'll be gone come round 2

That makes five minimum pay/practice squad guys they've dumped the last couple of days. I don't remember them doing that leading up to the draft in the past. They shouldn't need the money for the picks (with DRob gone) so I wonder if it means anything. Something with roster spots maybe? Or just giving these guys a chance to catch on somewhere else?

most of the guys they cut or waived was done just to make room for the draft players...the cut players will be resigned to the practice squad...teams do this every year to clear up roster space

yeah but you are forgeting 1 thing

it's not even training camp yet these players have not proven anything to make our team this year

most of the guys they cut or waived was done just to make room for the draft players...the cut players will be resigned to the practice squad...teams do this every year to clear up roster space

Guys cut today should never make the practice squad. The offseason/training camp roster is something like 80 players. The regular season roster (active/inactive) is 53. Guys cut now are not even good enough to consider among those last 27 players that will be cut. That's not even considering the UDFAs that we sign who will be most likely candidates for the practice squad.

Archived