Good Luck this Year!

Fin Fan In Cali

Hello there brothers and sisters. I just wanted to stop bye, and wish you good luck this year. Hopefully the draft went the way you wanted. I am pretty happy with ours, but it will take a couple of good drafts to get us back to play off football. You guys had a great off season as far as pickups go. I just want it so the Pats don't have a cake walk through the division this year.

Bro -- post a link to your new Fins site. You guys are a cool bunch, we can get some Jets fans to check it out. Thanks!

You might need us to console you when Parcells leaves you for Tampa in 2 years. He is so mean that way, lol.

:)

Bro -- post a link to your new Fins site. You guys are a cool bunch, we can get some Jets fans to check it out. Thanks!

You might need us to console you when Parcells leaves you for Tampa in 2 years. He is so mean that way, lol.

:)

Thanks Brother! Hopefully when Bill does leave that he has left a great foundation for the Dolphins.

Some of you may not know, there has been a split of Finheaven. A lot of the staff, and great members have moved on to form www.ThePhins.com Please feel free to stop bye. We don't allow smack, as we are trying to maintain great conversation in the threads.

Thanks Max, we appreciate the support, and enjoy your site here.

Good luck to you guys to and hopefully both teams can avoid injuries and stay healthy throughout the year.

Maybe you guys can win a whole 2 games this time round.:lol:

BTW dude, you have a Cowboys player in your sig.;-)

I think we will win more then two bro, and as for my sig he will always be a Dolphin in my eyes-. I wish him the best in Dallas.

... used to be big bill is already instituting the turnaround to the bottom 3rd of his roster for when special teams take the field just as he did when he took over the NYJ ...

... he will have the fins playing competitive games next season & probably be heavily run-oriented safe decision making on offense as well as a time consuming bend but don't break philosophy on D ...

... you most likely still won't have the horses to go mano-a-mano into the 4th quarter, but he will have you guys in position to steal a few next season if your opponents make an extra turnover or two ...

... ( as long as that doesn't happen against us or negatively impact the jets in any way - good luck ) ...

l_j_r

I think we will win more then two bro, and as for my sig he will always be a Dolphin in my eyes-. I wish him the best in Dallas.

LOL, I know you guys will win more than two. Unfortunately with Parcells on board I do think you guys are going to be a lot tougher and in 3-4 years the fins may be a force to be reckoned with. I think if Ronnie Brown can recover completely then he'll be an elite RB in this league.

... used to be big bill is already instituting the turnaround to the bottom 3rd of his roster for when special teams take the field just as he did when he took over the NYJ ...

... he will have the fins playing competitive games next season & probably be heavily run-oriented safe decision making on offense as well as a time consuming bend but don't break philosophy on D ...

... you most likely still won't have the horses to go mano-a-mano into the 4th quarter, but he will have you guys in position to steal a few next season if your opponents make an extra turnover or two ...

... ( as long as that doesn't happen against us or negatively impact the jets in any way - good luck ) ...

l_j_r

Bro I think we will be going to smash mouth running the ball. If we can run the ball, and protect Beck, I think we will be in a lot of games. It will take a couple of years, but if done right it will be great for us fans who have been suffering for a while.

LOL, I know you guys will win more than two. Unfortunately with Parcells on board I do think you guys are going to be a lot tougher and in 3-4 years the fins may be a force to be reckoned with. I think if Ronnie Brown can recover completely then he'll be an elite RB in this league.
We signed two undrafted Rb's that could be nice additions to Ronnie and Ricky. I am not a big Cobb fan myself, so I hope they shine in training camp, and the exhibition season.

IrishJet, stop kissing ass. Ronnie Brown an elite Running Back? I guess Ricky Williams came to Ireland and left his stash in your house. Ronnie Brown is a nice serviceable back whose good for 10-20 carries a game. He is no workhorse and needs a complement to succeed. He cannot succeed on his own carrying the ball 300+ times a season. He's good, but he's not worth where Miami took him and he's not elite.

Anyway, thanks for the good wishes. Parcells is going to turn around the franchise, but I disagree with his decision in taking Chad Disappearing Act Henne. I'm a Michigan fan and I havn't liked him since the end of his Sophmore year when he cemented himself as a big game choke artist. This guy will put up 5 TD's and 0 INT's against Southwestern Alabama, but when the big games and moments come rolling around you'll find him crying in the bathroom or handing the ball to the Running Back expecting a miracle.

John Beck obviously isn't liked by Parcells, so I'd think McCown will be your starting Quarterback Opening Day. I for one hope its Henne so the Jets can get an easy 42-3 type win. :headbang:

IrishJet, stop kissing ass. Ronnie Brown an elite Running Back? I guess Ricky Williams came to Ireland and left his stash in your house. Ronnie Brown is a nice serviceable back whose good for 10-20 carries a game. He is no workhorse and needs a complement to succeed. He cannot succeed on his own carrying the ball 300+ times a season. He's good, but he's not worth where Miami took him and he's not elite.

Anyway, thanks for the good wishes. Parcells is going to turn around the franchise, but I disagree with his decision in taking Chad Disappearing Act Henne. I'm a Michigan fan and I havn't liked him since the end of his Sophmore year when he cemented himself as a big game choke artist. This guy will put up 5 TD's and 0 INT's against Southwestern Alabama, but when the big games and moments come rolling around you'll find him crying in the bathroom or handing the ball to the Running Back expecting a miracle.

John Beck obviously isn't liked by Parcells, so I'd think McCown will be your starting Quarterback Opening Day. I for one hope its Henne so the Jets can get an easy 42-3 type win. :headbang:

I think Henne will be brought along, and not rushed. If Brown comes back from this injury, he will share the time in the backfield. Hopefully this year we can keep a few running backs healthy. I think you are wrong bro on Beck. I think they will bring him around the right way, and not like Cameron did. They will compete in camp for the starting job, but I think Beck will win the position, with McCown 2nd, and Henne holding the clip board and learning about the NFL, and the speed that comes with it.

I wholeheartedly disagree with you bro. Ronnie has had to share time with Ricky and Chatman, Miami would abandon the running game at times and he's suffered a few injuries, but once he's given the ball 20+ times a game like the best RB's in the league, he has proven that he can handle it and be very productive. I can only hope that the new regime will utilize him properly because Ronnie needs the ball to be productive. I don't think that he'll flourish in a 2 back system like Dallas has had the past few years.

He may not be "elite" yet, but he is much much better than you give him credit for.

Bro, your breaking my heart. I didn't like the Henne selection either and reading your comments is bringing back those draft day memories.

I don't think that's true. The Miami FO/staff has been pretty complimentary of Beck as have other NFL talent evaluators like Cam, Martz, Jaws, Wolf, Young, etc. If Beck wasn't in their plans, they would have taken Henne at #32 instead of selecting him later in round 2 as a "great value pick". As much as I hated the selection, even I have to admit that he was good value at that spot, although I question whether or not BPA was a wise choice when we have so many other needs.

Anyway, I think Beck will be the starter. The original plan for him last year was for him to sit and learn from the bench, much like Philip Rivers in SD. But because of injury (Green) and poor play (Lemon) and intense pressure from the fans, media and I suspect even the owner, Cam gave in and threw Beck to the wolves. He wasn't properly prepared and by the time he saw action Ronnie was out for the year, the OL had taken a step back, the playcalling was bland and his WR's either couldn't catch (Hagan), weren't utilized properly (Ginn) or had given up completely and weren't even running their routes (M. Booker). So I'm excited to see what he can do with a good surrounding cast. :)

About Beck, Cali. I just can't see Parcells taking Henne in Round 2 if he had confidence in him to succeed. Thats just not Parcells' style. Also, Beck is what? 26? 27? He better mature rather quickly if the Dolphins want a somewhat long career out of him. Henne is not your answer, so I think Parcells made a mistake by taking him, as I already stated.

like2god, I know the Dolphin fanbase is high on Brown, but I just am not and never have been. Sure he can carry the ball 20+ times a game sometimes, but so can Leon Washington. That really isn't saying much. I still havn't seen him carry the ball 20+ times a game over a 16 game season consistently in his entire career. At Auburn he split carries with Cadilliac Williams and in Miami he has shared with Ricky, Chatman and others. I think Ricky being back will help him. I view Ronnie as a very productive back with a limited amount of carries (15-20). If Ricky touches the ball about 10 times a game and Ronnie 15-20, the Miami offense will be better than if it were just Ronnie himself. He would wear down, IMO.

About Beck, Cali. I just can't see Parcells taking Henne in Round 2 if he had confidence in him to succeed. Thats just not Parcells' style. Also, Beck is what? 26? 27? He better mature rather quickly if the Dolphins want a somewhat long career out of him. Henne is not your answer, so I think Parcells made a mistake by taking him, as I already stated.

Bro this could be two fold. Henne will push Beck to be better. If Beck turns out to be the man, and Henne gets to show some of his skills, there could be a trade later on down the line, or we will be two deep at QB. We have not been deep at the QB position for a long time as you know. So the way I see it, this is a win win situation all the way around.

Well, even though I hope both don't turn out to be successful (:P), I'd say Beck is a better option than Henne to be something. If Henne does start, don't expect anything but a game manager who can't pull the trigger when he has too. He'll look great against Arizona, Detroit and Kansas City but when those Patriots and Colts roll around he'll have a nice 14-32, 3 INT day.

like2god, I know the Dolphin fanbase is high on Brown, but I just am not and never have been. Sure he can carry the ball 20+ times a game sometimes, but so can Leon Washington. That really isn't saying much. I still havn't seen him carry the ball 20+ times a game over a 16 game season consistently in his entire career. At Auburn he split carries with Cadilliac Williams and in Miami he has shared with Ricky, Chatman and others. I think Ricky being back will help him. I view Ronnie as a very productive back with a limited amount of carries (15-20). If Ricky touches the ball about 10 times a game and Ronnie 15-20, the Miami offense will be better than if it were just Ronnie himself. He would wear down, IMO.

Well, alot of Miami fans were frustrated that Ronnie wasn't getting the ball as much as the top backs in the league. Once he was getting the ball 20+ times a game, he was getting 100/100 (rushing/receiving) games week after week and he looked liked the back that we all knew he could be. Then he went down with the injury and our offense imploded.

Ronnie has a problem in starting games slowly (in the first 5 carries), he does his damage and is most productive as the game wears on and defenses start to tire, that's when his size and strength come in handy.

You're right, he hasn't done it over a 16 game season yet, but that doesn't mean that he can't. ;)

Bro this could be two fold. Henne will push Beck to be better. If Beck turns out to be the man, and Henne gets to show some of his skills, there could be a trade later on down the line, or we will be two deep at QB. We have not been deep at the QB position for a long time as you know. So the way I see it, this is a win win situation all the way around.

Yeah, that's what I've been trying to tell myself, that we finally have some depth and another young option with potential. I still feel that we should have addressed our secondary though.

Yeah, that's what I've been trying to tell myself, that we finally have some depth and another young option with potential. I still feel that we should have addressed our secondary though.
Bro the same could be said about the WR position too. Too many holes to fill in one draft. I think with everyone coming back healthy, and the off season pickups we will be okay. We will get more pressure on the opposing Qb's with our front 7, making there job easy. I don't know if I can watch another season with Hagan at Wr.

Next years draft will be secondary, and WR I hope.

Hopefully Ronnie and Long knock Gholston and Pace on their overpayed backsides. :P;)

Long vs. Gholston is going to be a great match-up to watch for at least the next five years. Vernon was the only DE who could get through Jake last season and hopefully he keeps it up at the NFL level because he has to repay me and the Michigan faithful who are Jets fans back for those last two terrorizing years. :headbang:

Bro the same could be said about the WR position too. Too many holes to fill in one draft. I think with everyone coming back healthy, and the off season pickups we will be okay. We will get more pressure on the opposing Qb's with our front 7, making there job easy. I don't know if I can watch another season with Hagan at Wr.

Next years draft will be secondary, and WR I hope.

I know that they couldn't fix it all in one offseason, I just question the Henne selection because A) we have Beck and haven't seen what he can do with a good supporting cast and B) because we do have those holes elsewhere. But like you pointed out, now we have depth and options at the QB spot. I just hope and pray that one of them can step up and be the man for many years to come.

Long vs. Gholston is going to be a great match-up to watch for at least the next five years. Vernon was the only DE who could get through Jake last season and hopefully he keeps it up at the NFL level because he has to repay me and the Michigan faithful who are Jets fans back for those last two terrorizing years. :headbang:

:lol:

Like I said, I hated to see Gholston go to the Jets. He has the ability to be the best player in this draft, a Shawn Merriman type of impact player. If the Jets coaching staff can keep him focused and motivated, watch out.

And there in lies the key, like2god. Will Gholston be motivated to play almost every down, every game or will he disappear into the moonlight except once a month? That is what I fear, another John Abraham if you will. Two to four sacks one week and a half a sack for the rest of the month. Its great when they're on their game, but when they're not they're liable against the run.

And there in lies the key, like2god. Will Gholston be motivated to play almost every down, every game or will he disappear into the moonlight except once a month? That is what I fear, another John Abraham if you will. Two to four sacks one week and a half a sack for the rest of the month. Its great when they're on their game, but when they're not they're liable against the run.
Only time will tell. It should be a better season for both teams this year. The only way we can go for sure is up.

I think you might see the old Ricky Williams as well. He was supposed to be out on Cedric Benson's boat the day CB got arrested but he said he had to workout for the upcoming training camp. From things I have read Ricky is more focused on playing football. A backfield of Williams and Brown would be nice for the Phins and suck for the rest of the AFCE.

LOL, only seeing this post now.

Kissing ass?? Did you watch Ronnie Brown at all last season???

He was among the league leaders in just about every rushing category and was also putting up recieving #'s. He done all of that with a washed up Trent Green at QB and with very limited help elsewhere.

In 7 games he posted up 602 yards, 4 TD's and 5.1 YPC on the ground, while also chipping in 39 catches 389 yards in the air and another TD.

He may not be a 'workhorse' type back that will carry the ball 30 times per game but nowadays an elite back doesn't need to do that. Brian Westbrook for Philly has never once carried the ball 300 times in a season, does that mean he's not an elite back?? LOL

My point is not that Ronnie Brown should be considered an elite back, I just felt that pre-injury he certainly showed the potential to be just that. Who was his complement (Which you said he 'needs' to succeed) when he was tearing it up last season. Jesse Chatman?? Scary stuff.

At the time of his injury he was leading the league in yards from scrimmage and was on pace for over 2,200 total yards on the season. Elite #'s?? Meh.

:yawn:

Comparing Brian Westbrook to Ronnie Brown. BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA. You can't be serious. :lol: :lol: :lol: Someone needs to alert you that you cannot compare two completely different backs, playing in two completely different systems, to try to help your argument. Brian Westbrook isn't asked to carry the load like that and plays in Andy Reid's "pass first" philosophy. Maybe he could do, maybe he can't. Westbrook really isn't even a Running Back. He plays everywhere, much like Reggie Bush. Those types of players are labeled Running Backs, but they really have no position.

Your numbers are also flawed. Yeah great he posted solid numbers over the first seven games. Awesome. That still backs up my point that he hasn't done **** consistently as a starter and cannot carry the load 20-25-30 times a game consistently over a 16 game season. He hasn't done it once, not in college and so far not in the NFL. There is a reason Miami is keeping Ricky Williams in town.

Elite Running Back he is not. A good one? Yes. Very good? Possibly, maybe, but not in my book. An elite Running Back is someone who can take the rock 300-350 times a year, stay healthy and doesn't need a complement. There are some who have a complement, but some of those don't need them.

207 carries, 907 yards, 4 TD - 15 games, 14 starts

241 carries, 1,008 yards, 5 TD - 13 games, 12 starts

119 carries, 602 yards, 4 TD - 7 games, 7 starts

Durability concerns at their finest. Still has not produced a full season and hasn't even had 250 carries in a season. He NEEDS a complement. Sure he can be a force, but a limited one. He can be a force with 15 carries a game, not with 25. I'm sorry, but that is not worth the 2nd overall pick in the draft.

Oh and that scary Jesse Chatman (14 games, 6 starts) you just put down posted these numbers:

128 carries, 515 yards, TD.

Not too much of a difference I'd say from a guy that is supposedly in your mind garbage to the 2nd overall pick of the 2005 NFL Draft.

:yawn:

Comparing Brian Westbrook to Ronnie Brown. BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA. You can't be serious. :lol: :lol: :lol: Someone needs to alert you that you cannot compare two completely different backs, playing in two completely different systems, to try to help your argument. Brian Westbrook isn't asked to carry the load like that and plays in Andy Reid's "pass first" philosophy. Maybe he could do, maybe he can't. Westbrook really isn't even a Running Back. He plays everywhere, much like Reggie Bush. Those types of players are labeled Running Backs, but they really have no position.

Your numbers are also flawed. Yeah great he posted solid numbers over the first seven games. Awesome. That still backs up my point that he hasn't done **** consistently as a starter and cannot carry the load 20-25-30 times a game consistently over a 16 game season. He hasn't done it once, not in college and so far not in the NFL. There is a reason Miami is keeping Ricky Williams in town.

Elite Running Back he is not. A good one? Yes. Very good? Possibly, maybe, but not in my book. An elite Running Back is someone who can take the rock 300-350 times a year, stay healthy and doesn't need a complement. There are some who have a complement, but some of those don't need them.

That was my point in comparing Brown to Westbrook. Not all elite running backs have to get the ball 300 times, Brown contributes in other way just like Westbrook does. Brian Westbrook is an elite running back without a shadow iof a doubt. Is Brown as good as he is? No way, my point all along is that he had the potential to be on that sort of level and was well on his way to having a great season until he got struck with injury.

I agree that he hasn't proven that he can do it consistently yet, that's why I'm not coming straight out and calling him an elite back, just saying that I think he could develop into one. You have no idea what he would have done had he stayed healthy. He could have went on to lead the NFL in total yards or he could have hit a cold streak and struggled the rest of the season.

My point is that last season he showed flashes of being an elite back and basically was the Miami offense for the first 7 games. He didn't need a complement either when doing all that, there was no Ricky at that stage. There is a reasom they're keeping Williams in Miami, I'm not sure if you saw the Dolphins last season but they need all of the help they can get. I don't think Ronnie needs this complement like you say, but it would certainly help the overall running game. Workhorse backs are starting to become a thing of the past. Also you have to factor in that Brown was seriously injured, that's obviously a huge reason they're keeping Williams around.

He's still only 26 and ifhe can recover from his injury and get back to 100% I really do see no reason why he can't pickup where he left off last season. It's a pretty pointless arguement though, because like I said neither you are I know what Brown could have accomplished last season before his knee injury. He sure as hell looked elite in those games and anyone who argues that he didn't play to that level last season is insane.

Could he have kept it up and done it consistently for the rest of the season? I don't know and neither do you. As a Jet fan though I'm far from thrilled that we will get find out first hand.

207 carries, 907 yards, 4 TD - 15 games, 14 starts

241 carries, 1,008 yards, 5 TD - 13 games, 12 starts

119 carries, 602 yards, 4 TD - 7 games, 7 starts

Durability concerns at their finest. Still has not produced a full season and hasn't even had 250 carries in a season. He NEEDS a complement. Sure he can be a force, but a limited one. He can be a force with 15 carries a game, not with 25. I'm sorry, but that is not worth the 2nd overall pick in the draft.

Oh and that scary Jesse Chatman (14 games, 6 starts) you just put down posted these numbers:

128 carries, 515 yards, TD.

Not too much of a difference I'd say from a guy that is supposedly in your mind garbage to the 2nd overall pick of the 2005 NFL Draft.

Er, how is that even comparable to what Brown done.

1.1 less YPC (Which is pretty darn big)

More carries, Less Yards. 3 less rushing TD's.

Also compare what they done in the passing game which like I said really adds to Browns value:

Brown

39 Rec

389 yards

1TD

Chatman

27 Rec

161 yards

0TD

Lets look at the total yards both backs put up:

Brown:

991 yards, 5 TD's.

Chatman:

676 yards, 1 TD

I fail to see how the two were even comparable.

Archived