New indictment against Barry Bonds unsealed

Lil Bit Special

http://www.newsday.com/sports/baseball/ny-spbonds0514,0,5376280.story

SAN FRANCISCO - Federal prosecutors have filed a new indictment against Barry Bonds, charging the home run king with 14 counts of lying to a grand jury and one count of obstruction when he denied knowingly using performance-enhancing drugs.

Bonds originally was charged with four counts of perjury and one count of obstruction of justice last Nov. 15, but U.S. District Judge Susan Illston ordered prosecutors on Feb. 29 to rework the indictment so that each charge alleged only one lie rather than lumping several alleged falsehoods into single counts.

The new indictment doesn't add any new alleged falsehoods.

The case against Bonds is still built on whether he lied when he told the grand jury that his personal trainer Greg Anderson never supplied him with steroids and human growth hormone.

We should all now feel so much safer that an evil criminal like Barry Bonds will now face justice. Tax dollars well spent indeed! Gas is $4 a gallon, but at least the feds got Barry. Plus we don't need the FBI looking for terrorists; better they hound some stupid druggie baseball palyer. Great job!

We should all now feel so much safer that an evil criminal like Barry Bonds will now face justice. Tax dollars well spent indeed! Gas is $4 a gallon, but at least the feds got Barry. Plus we don't need the FBI looking for terrorists; better they hound some stupid druggie baseball palyer. Great job!

Last time I checked, lying under oath was still illegal. No one is above the law. And the above statement suggests that the Feds have assigned nearly every single man and woman in the FBI to prosecute Bonds.

Gas prices have absolutely nothing to do with the FBI nor the Justice Department.

lying to the feds = ILLEGAL

i feel safer now.

I'm very well aware that lying to the feds is a crime(more so than I could or would ever discuss here). But there are many such crimes that go unprosecuted. Barry Bonds and Roger Clemens are both are lying drug-abusing scum, but I'm at a loss why the feds need to spend time and money on it. This is a pressing imporant thing?

this is nuthin new,,same charges as before,,originally they lumped lying charges into one count,,judge said redo and break out,,easier to nail his ass on separate counts,,so they redid and broke out,,no new charges were actually filed..

Last time I checked, lying under oath was still illegal. No one is above the law. And the above statement suggests that the Feds have assigned nearly every single man and woman in the FBI to prosecute Bonds.

Gas prices have absolutely nothing to do with the FBI nor the Justice Department.

BWAHAHAHA! Oh so you are against 'lying under oath'. How many of your precious congressmen and women have 'lied' to you and the rest of the american people, taxed them into bankruptcy and stolen away the liberties that were said to once be 'god-given'.

But I guess you will enjoy Bonds being locked up for a few decades. After all, you are the one paying for this important 'prosecution' and incarceration!

Archived