The new LEFT side- jetsblog

Kentucky Jet

This move was a no-brainer. We should have added Faneca last off-season when he wanted a trade out of Pittsburgh.

Faneca and Faneca alone would not have helped last yr. Sure, we would have won a couple more games, but it wouldn't have made the overall difference. I believe all 4 of these changes will, but we better play strong D.... I don't see us scoring terribly much.

I think we did well waiting, and signing him since now we got to keep our high draft pick.

Faneca and Faneca alone would not have helped last yr. Sure, we would have won a couple more games, but it wouldn't have made the overall difference. I believe all 4 of these changes will, but we better play strong D.... I don't see us scoring terribly much.

I think we did well waiting, and signing him since now we got to keep our high draft pick.

You may not be understanding what you're saying. If one player in Faneca can get us 2 more wins (one person out of a 53 man squad) how is that not MAJOR??? that is a superstar stat. 2 more wins in football can be the deciding factor between a wildcard playoff game and a 1st round bye, or in our case, a playoff berth or a early winter.

2 extra games in football is equivalent to:

10 extra wins in basketbal.

20 extra wins in baseball.

in otherwords....thats Faneca and Faneca alone.

The best thing about the Faneca pick up, to me, is that it showed that the FO recognized the team's weak spots and did something to fix them. Add in Jenkins, Woody and others and you see improvements at specific formerly weak spots. Another good thing about these pick ups is that we kept most of our draft picks in the process so we could continue to bring in promising young players as well.

Mangold and Faneca seem pretty similar to me. If you recall, Mangold man-handled Hampton when they played Pitt. Faneca has that same ability, putting these two side by side could elevate our ground game to the elites in the NFL (yes i'll stand by that comment if we tank this season).

Mangold and Faneca seem pretty similar to me. If you recall, Mangold man-handled Hampton when they played Pitt. Faneca has that same ability, putting these two side by side could elevate our ground game to the elites in the NFL (yes i'll stand by that comment if we tank this season).

dont worry, if we tank this season I doubt it'll be because of the line. mangold has been very solid, Faneca is a given, D'brick will come around this year, Woody is versatile and Moore will be solid. It comes down to awareness by the QB and scoring points. Our Defense wouldnt seem so bad if we could keep them off the field so im not worried about that. the Jets problem was the O-line. thats a done deal, lets get the Kellen/Keller connection going...stir this pot up alittle bit! :penguin:

Archived