A Change Of Pace

rick34125

For New 'Backer, It's Been a Change of Pace

Published: 05-27-08

By Eric Allen

Senior Editor

Rain coming down in buckets is not necessarily a spring rarity in New York. But after calling Arizona home for his first five pro seasons, it was a new occurrence for Calvin Pace.

I understand there is going to be a learning curve but this guy better play at a pro bowl caliber level for the amount of coin spent on him.

i hate to say it, but my gut feeling at this point is that he's going to be nothing special, but let's wait and see.

I understand there is going to be a learning curve but this guy better play at a pro bowl caliber level for the amount of coin spent on him.

Pace is the one off season move that I really have some difficulty with.. I'm not saying he will be a bad player, but 22 million guaranteed?

Just don't see it

You have to look at his value in other terms. While he may or may not be the second coming, his presence will ignite the competition between Thomas and Gholston.

The three of them together vying for two spots, (with one player always nipping at the heels) will make all of them much much better.

Looking at Pace's tackle/sack stats you have to see him for what he is, a good-tackling zone defender. He'll be a big part of our revamped run-defense, and an occasional pass-rusher; I wouldn't expect that much more out of him.

Archived