Any Bergen County NJ High School football fans out there?

SouthernJet

I have season tix to Univ. North Carolina college football games..I saw where Tarheels have offered this guy..Anyone seen him play or know what he brings to the table..Thanks in advance..

Tar Heels offer Jersey TEpremium.gifMALCOLMBUSH15JD08100.JPG

spacer1.gifby Adam Powell

Hackensack (N.J.) tight end Malcolm Bush has seen a rise in his recruiting interest over the last several weeks. UNC threw its hat into the ring this past week after seeing the 6-3, 211-pounder on film.

If it were a better school and Football program, I'd have some info for you SJ, but sorry, nothing on a Hackensack player.

Thanks, I see he has offers from foillowing:

BC

Clemson

Conn.

Florida

North Carolina

Pitt

Rutgers

Syracuse

Tennessee

Thanks, I see he has offers from foillowing:

BC

Clemson

Conn.

Florida

North Carolina

Pitt

Rutgers

Syracuse

Tennessee

He played in Bergen County, so he played against some top notch teams. Obviously he has the talent if teams such as Florida and Tennessee are looking at him. I don't know why he would choose another school except one of those two unless he doesn't believe in himself.

He played in Bergen County, so he played against some top notch teams. Obviously he has the talent if teams such as Florida and Tennessee are looking at him. I don't know why he would choose another school except one of those two unless he doesn't believe in himself.

cause NFL sees u everywhere now,,so its all about playing time,,not redshirting if u want NFL quicker,,

so u want to play somewhere but also a big conference,,

he may feel he can start or star tin soph years at some other schools,,remember,,the yrecruit 20-30 a year tha tare all thinking they will start..not enuf room though..

nfl wil lsee u anywhre,,but they have to see u play ,,not sit behind 3 other Parade AllAmericans,.,

assmop can tell you what over recruiting McDonalds All americans has done to Duke lately

We'll see. Hackensack was a 2 win program in 2007 so they obviously weren't very talented at key positions. Maybe he's a diamond in the rough that NC can attract. Heck maybe he plays Basketball too. ;-)

Hackensack plays against Don Bosco, Bergen Catholic, and St. Joe's (my alma mater). His competition is not a question.

thanks,,I remember Don Bosco,,they were trying to get me to play BBall for them when I was in high school.. I was lazy and didnt want religiosu classes,,haha..

thanks,,I remember Don Bosco,,they were trying to get me to play BBall for them when I was in high school.. I was lazy and didnt want religiosu classes,,haha..

You passed up a chance to go to the best Athletic High School in the state because of Religious programs? Dude. :eek:

You passed up a chance to go to the best Athletic High School in the state because of Religious programs? Dude. :eek:

They weren't the best back when SJ was roaming high school hallways (Napoleon's era, I think?)

Bergen Catholic probably would have been, followed by St. Joe's and then a young DB

They weren't the best back when SJ was roaming high school hallways (Napoleon's era, I think?)

Bergen Catholic probably would have been, followed by St. Joe's and then a young DB

ya,, BC and St Joes were big,,DB was pretty big..

played all of them in tourneys, but not in reg season...

they always had these little Italian guys who would press the hell out of you :(

if you are good the NFL will find you

that is why Richmond had 2 players drafted this year and Bama got skunked

I have season tix to Univ. North Carolina college football games..I saw where Tarheels have offered this guy..Anyone seen him play or know what he brings to the table..Thanks in advance..

Tar Heels offer Jersey TEpremium.gifMALCOLMBUSH15JD08100.JPG

spacer1.gifby Adam Powell

Hackensack (N.J.) tight end Malcolm Bush has seen a rise in his recruiting interest over the last several weeks. UNC threw its hat into the ring this past week after seeing the 6-3, 211-pounder on film.

Hakcensack is traditionally one of the top powerhouses in the state up there with Bergen Catholic. That being said, 211 is very light for a Tight End, even one coming out of High School.

Hakcensack is traditionally one of the top powerhouses in the state up there with Bergen Catholic. That being said, 211 is very light for a Tight End, even one coming out of High School.

ya, but 6'3 means he has frame to add quite abit,,if he was 5'10 it would be different...

AS 80 said, Bosco is relatively new to the "powerhouse" seen. Through the 80's & '90's it was Bergen, then St. Joe's, with Bosco lagging far behind. Hackensack, with Toal as coach, Ramapo and Wayne Hills were also way ahead of Bosco is football. It wasn't until they realized that they could recruit, and got Toal from Hackensack, that they became a national power in football, and in many sports.

As for Bush, he COULD be a stud. Amazing amount of talent, but not the best work ethic. I have many friends that coach Bergen County HS teams, and just about all of them say the same thing about this kid, "amazing upside, but not sure he wants to work hard enough to get there." If he would get in the weight room, he could get to 225-230 by this season, and get even bigger when he gets to a college program. Too slow to be a legit WR.

Malcom Bush is an interesting prospect right now. He had a couple offers for a while and his recruitment has picked up considerably in the last few weeks. He has been expecting an offer from Rutgers for a while, which he said was in mail, but there is no confirmation right now. He looks to be a good player but he wasn't Schiano's primary target at TE this year. Schiano got Paul Carrezola from Neshaminy for TE. Supposedly, if Malcom Bush does get his offer from Rutgers, thats where he wants to go.

Malcom Bush is an interesting prospect right now. He had a couple offers for a while and his recruitment has picked up considerably in the last few weeks. He has been expecting an offer from Rutgers for a while, which he said was in mail, but there is no confirmation right now. He looks to be a good player but he wasn't Schiano's primary target at TE this year. Schiano got Paul Carrezola from Neshaminy for TE. Supposedly, if Malcom Bush does get his offer from Rutgers, thats where he wants to go.

Rutgers better get him befiore he steps on the campus of Blue Heaven ;)..i.e. Chapel Thrill

Archived