Week 15-Jets and Patriots

hoping4ASuperBowl

That was a game we actually could have won. I don't care what anyone says.

:rl: Right. :rl:

If the Jets had scored another touchdown or field goal to cut it down to 20-13 or 20-17, New England would've easily put us away with one of their famous clutch touchdown or drives. Don't fool yourself. The Jets were outplayed in that game in every aspect. A lucky Special Teams touchdown changes nothing.

:rl: Right. :rl:

If the Jets had scored another touchdown or field goal to cut it down to 20-13 or 20-17, New England would've easily put us away with one of their famous clutch touchdown or drives. Don't fool yourself. The Jets were outplayed in that game in every aspect. A lucky Special Teams touchdown changes nothing.

It wasn't just that. I said Pennington should have started that game and I really still think he should have. He already had a 10 point disadvantage by the time he got his first real drive. Chad played well and if J-Mac catches a TD we're more than in with a chance. It's funny how you say the Jets scored a 'lucky' special teams TD when the Pats set upf their TD's off of a 'lucky' Special Teams play. Also, the obnly reason we were punting was becuase of that stupid WR dropping another pass on 3rd down.

The Pats offense was completely shut down by our defense. Had Clemens not have made and almighty **** up at the start (Terrible play call to begin with) then we are more than in with a chance. You have no idea what would have happened had Chad have been the starter at 0-0, neither do I but it sure as Hell couldn't have hurt his chances.

Okay IJ, okay. :bag:

Player_profile_Chad_Pennington.jpg

It must have been cold there in my shadow,

to never have sunlight on your face.

You were content to let me shine, that's your way,

you always walked a step behind.

So I was the one with all the glory,

while you were the one with all the strength.

A beautiful face without a name -- for so long,

a beautiful smile to hide the pain.

Did you ever know that you're my hero,

and ev'rything I would like to be?

I can fly higher than an eagle,

'cause you are the wind beneath my wings.

It might have appeared to go unnoticed,

but I've got it all here in my heart.

I want you to know I know the truth, of course I know it,

I would be nothing with out you.

Fly, fly, fly away,

you let me fly so high.

Oh, fly, fly,

so high against the sky, so high I almost touch the sky.

Thank you, thank you, thank God for you,

the wind beneath my wings.

Fly, fly, fly away,

you let me fly so high.

Oh, fly, fly,

Good reply, way to prove me wrong.

Good reply, way to prove me wrong.

You're INSANE if you think the Jets would've beaten New England. INSANE. The Patriots weren't even trying at points it seemed. They were lofting up prayers and jokes. Laurence Maroney owned the Jets on the ground as well. You want to take away both touchdowns caused by Special Teams? Okay. 13-3. Happy now? Does that make you feel better. :rl:

The Jets had no chance to win that game no matter who the Quarterback was unless the stars aligned and a miracle occured. Rewatch the game today and you'll see that. The weather had a big effect on the score, otherwise they would've blown us out just like they did in Week 2. Take off the green glasses.

We're not going to beat them at all this year either, so get over it. We're not as good and havn't been for a while. One fluke win with down pours throughout the game in 2006 proves nothing.

You're INSANE if you think the Jets would've beaten New England. INSANE. The Patriots weren't even trying at points it seemed. They were lofting up prayers and jokes. Laurence Maroney owned the Jets on the ground as well. You want to take away both touchdowns caused by Special Teams? Okay. 13-3. Happy now? Does that make you feel better. :rl:

The Jets had no chance to win that game no matter who the Quarterback was unless the stars aligned and a miracle occured. Rewatch the game today and you'll see that. The weather had a big effect on the score, otherwise they would've blown us out just like they did in Week 2. Take off the green glasses.

We're not going to beat them at all this year either, so get over it. We're not as good and havn't been for a while. One fluke win with down pours throughout the game in 2006 proves nothing.

If J-Mac doesn't drop a TD then it's 13-10. The only other Pats TD came from a mistake from Clemens, not Pennington. There is no way that exact same pick 6 occurs if Penny is at QB.

Yeah it does. Kellen had no time whatsoever. Maybe Penny would've taken the safety, but I doubt it.

He didn't have to throw it straight to the F'ing defender regardless of the situation. He could have thrown it away, pretty simple. That was Kellens biggest problem last season.

He didn't have to throw it straight to the F'ing defender regardless of the situation. He could have thrown it away, pretty simple. That was Kellens biggest problem last season.

I think he was trying to throw it away but that plan was squashed when Seymour destroyed him.

Kind of hard to get velocity on a throw when a 300lb man is driving you into the turf.

At least Kellen doesn't throw pick sixes under no pressure like the other QB for the Jets.

I think he was trying to throw it away but that plan was squashed when Seymour destroyed him.

Kind of hard to get velocity on a throw when a 300lb man is driving you into the turf.

At least Kellen doesn't throw pick sixes under no pressure like the other QB for the Jets.

That's a pretty dumb comment considering he did exactly that vs Dallas. Pretty simply, Both our QB's sucked last season.

So you're saying Chad can throw it away? Really? Where were his magical throwaways against the Giants, Bengals, Bills and Eagles? Games he single handidly lost in the 4th quarter. That pick six happens with Chad, Kellen, Manning, Favre, whomever, or at least a safety. Chad's lame duck fart probably only reaches the one yard line though.

Fly, fly, fly away,

you let me fly so high.

Oh, fly, fly,

:P HAHA Funny stuff!

Clemens has a better arm than Penny, so its no given that Penny would have thrown it away either.

:P HAHA Funny stuff!

Clemens has a better arm than Penny, so its no given that Penny would have thrown it away either.

I'm not saying he would have, To be honest he probably would have audibled to a running play or a checkdown.

He had 38 passes in that game without throwing an INT. I don't see why I should believe he would have thrown a pick there.

Because he's Chad Pennington?

Was he magically transformed into Dan Marino for the other 38 attempts or what?

Like I said, Chad had 38 throws and 0 INT's.

Clemens had one throw and one INT.

There is no reason to at all believe Pennington would have thrown a pick there. Especially since he very rarely does so early in games.

The same guy you loved 5 years ago?

The same guy EVERYBODY loved five years ago? Yeah. People are aloud to change their opinions on players, especially players who cannot stay on the field and recently when they can, continue to blow the game in the 4th quarter. **** happens. People who are still on the 2002 train need to realize it. Most of us jumped off after the 2005 Week 3 incident and were screaming for anyone but Pennington.

The same guy EVERYBODY loved five years ago? Yeah. People are aloud to change their opinions on players, especially players who cannot stay on the field and recently when they can, continue to blow the game in the 4th quarter. **** happens. People who are still on the 2002 train need to realize it. Most of us jumped off after the 2005 Week 3 incident and were screaming for anyone but Pennington.

Don't be a hypocrite and put it on everyone else. Chad Pennington is still a member of the NY Jets, and until he's not you should be pulling for him. You don't have to like him, but don't do what everyone else does and badmouth a guy that put his life on the line for this organization.

Don't be a hypocrite and put it on everyone else. Chad Pennington is still a member of the NY Jets, and until he's not you should be pulling for him. You don't have to like him, but don't do what everyone else does and badmouth a guy that put his life on the line for this organization.

Put it on everyone else? I admitted I jumped off the Chad wagon, as many have. Sorry that you havn't. I still root for the guy when I have to.. I.E. when he's on the field. Hopefully this season he won't sniff it.

BTW, his life on the line? Thats comical. You can live with a shoulder injury chief.

Boy I'd really feel sorry for Chad if he couldn't move his right arm a certain height. He doesn't have millions or anything.

There is no reason to at all believe Pennington would have thrown a pick there. Especially since he very rarely does so early in games.

He just saves the backbreaking INT's for the end of games. If my QB is going to throw a pick 6 I would prefer it to happen in the 1st quarter, not the 4th.

Know what I mean?

He just saves the backbreaking INT's for the end of games. If my QB is going to throw a pick 6 I would prefer it to happen in the 1st quarter, not the 4th.

Know what I mean?

I think everybody but the Chad lovers would agree. You see, if Chad throws those back breaking fourth quarter INT's like he did time and time again in 2007, its not on Chad. Hell no. Its on the team for not stepping it up in the first three quarters or its on the defense. F them. Chad did all he could. He's a warrior.

I think everybody but the Chad lovers would agree. You see, if Chad throws those back breaking fourth quarter INT's like he did time and time again in 2007, its not on Chad. Hell no. Its on the team for not stepping it up in the first three quarters or its on the defense. F them. Chad did all he could. He's a warrior.

Who was the idiot that said Chad risked his life by playing QB in the NFL? I haven't looked back in this thread but someone actually said that.

Who was the idiot that said Chad risked his life by playing QB in the NFL? I haven't looked back in this thread but someone actually said that.

:rl: InstantClassic :rl:

He's worse than f'ing ecurb.

Archived