Jets weigh up to 30G Fee on Tix at New Stadium

Kentucky Jet

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JETS WEIGH 30G FEE ON TIX AT NEW STADIUM

By CLEMENTE LISI

Last updated: 7:58 am

June 26, 2008

Jets fans may need to go deep into their pockets in order to buy season tickets in the future.

The team sent out a survey to season-ticket holders this week, asking them if they would be interested in paying up to $30,000 for a "personal seat license" when the Jets move into their new $1.3 billion Meadowlands stadium in 2010.

Twelve NFL teams - including the Dallas Cowboys, Carolina Panthers and Baltimore Ravens - sell PSLs, which allow pigskin fans to buy season tickets and give them ownership of those seats.

Like a stock or taxi medallion, PSLs allow football fans to sell their seats at a profit if they no longer want them.

"This holder can then sell the seat license in the future, including for any profit, to someone else if the holder no longer wishes to purchase season tickets," according to the survey sent to fans.

The new stadium, which will house the Jets and Giants, will have 82,500 seats, making it the second-largest stadium in the NFL, after FedEx Field in Washington, DC, which has 91,000-plus seats.

The most expensive package is for lower level seats, where the Jets would charge $5,000 up front, then $5,000 a year for five years in PSL fees. The season ticket itself would cost $1,650 a year.

The cheapest option is in the upper level corner, where seats cost $200 down, $200 a year for five years and $1,000 a year for the ticket itself.

PSLs have come into existence in recent years as stadium costs continue to soar and city and state officials become more reluctant to spend tax money to build new venues.

The Jets said they have not yet decided whether to institute PSLs.

PSLs have also proven to be a wise investment for deep-pocketed fans.

For example, the Panthers - whose seat licenses were sold in 1996 for between $600 and $5,400 each - are currently selling PSLs for $3,000 to $20,000 on Internet auction site eBay.

clemente.lisi@nypost.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By CLEMENTE LISI

June 26, 2008

Jets fans may need to go deep into their pockets in order to buy season tickets in the future.

The team sent out a survey to season-ticket holders this week, asking them if they would be interested in paying up to $30,000 for a "personal seat license" when the Jets move into their new $1.3 billion Meadowlands stadium in 2010.

Twelve NFL teams - including the Dallas Cowboys, Carolina Panthers and Baltimore Ravens - sell PSLs, which allow pigskin fans to buy season tickets and give them ownership of those seats.

Like a stock or taxi medallion, PSLs allow football fans to sell their seats at a profit if they no longer want them.

"This holder can then sell the seat license in the future, including for any profit, to someone else if the holder no longer wishes to purchase season tickets," according to the survey sent to fans.

The new stadium, which will house the Jets and Giants, will have 82,500 seats, making it the second-largest stadium in the NFL, after FedEx Field in Washington, DC, which has 91,000-plus seats.

The most expensive package is for lower level seats, where the Jets would charge $5,000 up front, then $5,000 a year for five years in PSL fees. The season ticket itself would cost $1,650 a year.

The cheapest option is in the upper level corner, where seats cost $200 down, $200 a year for five years and $1,000 a year for the ticket itself.

PSLs have come into existence in recent years as stadium costs continue to soar and city and state officials become more reluctant to spend tax money to build new venues.

For example, the Panthers - whose seat licenses were sold in 1996 for between $600 and $5,400 each - are currently selling PSLs for $3,000 to $20,000 on Internet auction site eBay.

clemente.lisi@nypost.com

Thats where I sit! my dad gets to pay the cheapest PSL!

**** them, I'll go to the stadium tailgate and watch on a TV from the parking lot, up to 30k for a 4-12 team? I just read on PFT that the Giants PSL's range up to 20k. They won a Super Bowl, the Jet's haven't won ****. Honestly I will probably go to a a couple games a year but I'm not paying for season tickets and a PSL for a team that disappoints year after year then charges me more.

I just had my name removed from the wait list. The cost of flying, eating and transportation, hotels, would be too much for me especially with PSLs. I have DRECTV here in Florida and a 40 inch HDTV. That will now be enough for me. Plus, I can get to Jax stadium , Miami or Tampa when the Jets play those teams. I can aslo get to Atlanta easy enough.

By CLEMENTE LISI

June 26, 2008

clemente.lisi@nypost.com

This is reporting? Sounds like a f#cking press release from the Jets.

IT IS NOT LIKE A STOCK OR TAXI MEDALLION YOU DUMMY. YOU DONT LOSE THEM.

Sweet.

This year and next year are my final years having season tickets in the Lower Level. I'm on the waitlist for two more seats, which when my name comes up will be in the Upper Level, but my name may not come up by 2010. If not, there will be a couple of seasons where I'll have to sit back and watch most games on TV.

This is reporting? Sounds like a f#cking press release from the Jets.

IT IS NOT LIKE A STOCK OR TAXI MEDALLION YOU DUMMY. YOU DONT LOSE THEM.

What happens if your season tickets are revoked? According to the PSL contract you can't own the PSL if you can't purchase season tickets.

Does the team refund the PSL fee that you paid or do they give you X amount of time to sell the PSL?

Wouldn't it be hard to make a profit on your PSL if perspective buyers know that you have to sell?

I just cannot believe the Jets and their pathetic history are going to charge more than the Super Bowl Champion Gints

Woody has to recoup his money from the failed West Side project.

He has to recoup his money for the new training facility.

And he probably needs a little help paying off the loans from when he bought the team.

What happens if your season tickets are revoked? According to the PSL contract you can't own the PSL if you can't purchase season tickets.

Does the team refund the PSL fee that you paid or do they give you X amount of time to sell the PSL?

Wouldn't it be hard to make a profit on your PSL if perspective buyers know that you have to sell?

I would have to say that your PSL would get revoked also. If they can revoke your PSL due to non-payment of tickets, they probably will have the right to revoke due to breaking the ticket license.

I know the STeelers SBL (stadium builders license) is revocable.

I would have to say that your PSL would get revoked also. If they can revoke your PSL due to non-payment of tickets, they probably will have the right to revoke due to breaking the ticket license.

I know the STeelers SBL (stadium builders license) is revocable.

That sucks.

Where is BZ? He is the lead Cheerleader of all things PSL.

That sucks.

Where is BZ? He is the lead Cheerleader of all things PSL.

it would suck, but Im sure it will be spelled out in the PSL contract the instances when a PSL can be revoked.

They will have rules, and if we break those rules, we lost the PSL. Since I havent been able to find a PSL contract, I cant say for sure exactly the times when a PSL can be revoked.

Archived