Jason Giambi, 7 years later

Matt39

Recently

It's the faith shown by Girardi

Yeah that is 1% of the reason. The other 99% has to do with it being a contract year.

I like Jason. His bat will be tough to replace. But paying someone that much money that can not throw the ball, that is just rough. Yes he gets paid to hit. But come post season time his glove (and arm) just scares the hell out of me.

Yeah that is 1% of the reason. The other 99% has to do with it being a contract year.

I like Jason. His bat will be tough to replace. But paying someone that much money that can not throw the ball, that is just rough. Yes he gets paid to hit. But come post season time his glove (and arm) just scares the hell out of me.

Bite me:box:

Bite me:box:

I will pass. Do you think Jason will be on the team this year? The way he is hitting the ball he is making a case. But I will be surprised if he stays injury free. (I hope he does) because his bat is lethal right now.

I am just skeptical. One note though -- I have a lot of respect for Giambi. He is the only player that really wanted to handle the steroid allegations the right way, years ago.

Giambi has been great every year but 2004 and last year when he was slowed by injury. The amount of times he's going to throw from first base doesn't worry me. His offense more than makes up for the few times he's going to make a throw from first. Frankly, I think he's a little underrated in other aspects of his defensive game (namely, scooping throws).

Giambi has been great every year but 2004 and last year when he was slowed by injury. The amount of times he's going to throw from first base doesn't worry me. His offense more than makes up for the few times he's going to make a throw from first. Frankly, I think he's a little underrated in other aspects of his defensive game (namely, scooping throws).

This is the first year, maybe other than 2002 I'd consider Giambi great. Overall, he's been a dissapointment as a Yankee.

This is the first year, maybe other than 2002 I'd consider Giambi great. Overall, he's been a dissapointment as a Yankee.

He's had a .900+OPS in all of his years here except '04 and last year, when he was hampered by injuries. He's had near a .300 average in the playoffs. He's had some damn clutch moments. What the hell more do you want from him?

Archived