Lowell, Youkilis power Red Sox past slumping Yankees

JetNation

Mike Lowell hit a go-ahead, three-run homer two innings after Kevin Youkilis' shot squirted out of Johnny Damon's glove, bounced off the top of the left-field wall three times, and sat on the fence for several tantalizing seconds in the Red Sox's 6-4 victory over the Yankees on Friday. mlb_news?i=kr0jJP

mlb_news?i=jxdaQJ mlb_news?i=muSEIj mlb_news?i=KIcLuj mlb_news?i=wJIFvJ

More...

Clueless Joe's little tantrum yesterday did wonders, didn't it?

I was about to start a thread asking Yankees fans if Torre would have had a better record than Girardi if he was still manager.

Torre's teams never trotted out Rasner, Ponson and Giese in a stretch either

You know what? That's a very good point. It would be even better if one of them, and not Pettitte, had been on the mound for yesterday's stinkfest.

Please stop making idiotic statements about something once agains you know nothing of

This has been our problem since 2004

Idiotic statements? Every post of yours is idiotic. The Yankees can't score. Apart from the 18 runs they scored against the Royals on Wednesday they have put up the following since June 27:

6/27: 6 runs

6/28: 2 runs

6/29: 1 run

6/30: 1 run

7/1: 2 runs

7/3: no runs

7/4: 4 runs

Thank you for proving my point

This team does not score runs anymore

18 runs against the worst staff in the AL. Great, what happened in the previous games

Right now ARod and Giambi are our only weapons worth a ****

Now as a Yankee fan we've been down this road....I suspect another run, but inevitably it is our downfall

After this season I hope cash blows it all up

Thank you for proving my point

This team does not score runs anymore

18 runs against the worst staff in the AL. Great, what happened in the previous games

Right now ARod and Giambi are our only weapons worth a ****

Now as a Yankee fan we've been down this road....I suspect another run, but inevitably it is our downfall

After this season I hope cash blows it all up

Proving your point? You blamed the pitching and I pointed out the offense stinks.

I was about to start a thread asking Yankees fans if Torre would have had a better record than Girardi if he was still manager.

Absolutely not. The problem this year has been an utter lack of production that I, or anyone, can't really explain. They aren't hitting for long stretches of games and especially at crucial points--like with RISP. I don't think their problems have anything to do with the manager.

There is something very wrong with this lineup. Like I said earlier, it jsut seems like a bunch of individuls rather than a team. The best players dont always make the best teams.

Lowell and Youkilis are types of players the Yanks need. They dont seem to shrivel up in the clutch like our overpaid divas.

Archived