Cherepanov...

Jade Green

The impression I've had is that Cherepanov plans on finishing his contract with Avangard, which is for 1 more year, and then coming to New York.

I don't think the kid knows a word of English and I think Blueshirt Bulletin is being a little over dramatic here. Also I wonder how playing in Russia is affecting his statements. Their government seems to be trying to make it increasingly difficult for Russian players to come to the U.S. Who knows what kind of pressure there is on him to stay.

The impression I've had is that Cherepanov plans on finishing his contract with Avangard, which is for 1 more year, and then coming to New York.

I don't think the kid knows a word of English and I think Blueshirt Bulletin is being a little over dramatic here. Also I wonder how playing in Russia is affecting his statements. Their government seems to be trying to make it increasingly difficult for Russian players to come to the U.S. Who knows what kind of pressure there is on him to stay.

Yeah right, but Malkin got to Pitt no problem.

Please this kid's story has changed over and over again, first he had 1 year left, then it was 2.

Next, he is coming to camp, now he's not. Sorry but it does not sound good.

He is playing with Jagr, his idol, in his home country, and they have way more money to throw around then us.

Keep appologizing for the retarded front office, and cheering on these grossly over paid contracts.

Keep believing your bull sh*t that we are going to be able to afford what it will take to bring this kid over here, away from his country, family and idol for less money.

Do you believe in Santa and the Easter bunny too, how about the tooth fairy?

It shouldn't be all about the money if he wants to win in the NHL. Malkin took less money to remain in Pittsburgh. Much less when you include the facts that they arn't taxed over there.

It shouldn't be all about the money if he wants to win in the NHL. Malkin took less money to remain in Pittsburgh. Much less when you include the facts that they arn't taxed over there.
When Malkin was over there, all you heard about was how he was dying to come over here and play.

Can you show me 1 quote of Cherepanov saying he is or even wants to play here?

Do you think there is a difference???

When Malkin was over there, all you heard about was how he was dying to come over here and play.

Can you show me 1 quote of Cherepanov saying he is or even wants to play here?

Do you think there is a difference???

But yes yes the sky is falling, we get it chicken little.

P.S. read the comments on the BB article. Most people agree with me.

But yes yes the sky is falling, we get it chicken little.

P.S. read the comments on the BB article. Most people agree with me.

Who cares, most people are stupid.

Nobodies chicken, some are more practical than others, you are a clown.

More bad news:

The Russian Ice Hockey Federation is reportedly threatening some of its best young players. Word is that if they come to North America and don't make the NHL next season, they will be suspended from playing for Russian national teams for four years.

The Russians taken in this year's NHL draft who are reportedly under fire are Nikita Filatov (first round, Columbus Blue Jackets), Viktor Tikhonov (first round, Phoenix Coyotes), Voinov (second round, Los Angeles Kings), Kirill Petrov (third round, New York Islanders) and Evgeni Grachev (third round, New York Rangers).

http://timestranscript.canadaeast.com/article/341931

Gotta wonder if this will affect Grachev's decision in any way, or even if Cherepanov could be affected by such a threat.

Seems like they're doing everything possible to keep their players, but this is over the line as far as I'm concerned.

Signing old and declining fossils won't help either.

Less of a chance for these young kids to make the big club, less of chance they ever come over here.

That and the cap, we may start to see less and less Europeans in the NHL, should make some people happy.

Archived