Maggette to Golden State, Brand to 76ers

MagicBizkit87

Elton Brand has reached a verbal agreement to sign a multiyear contract with the Philadelphia 76ers, according to an NBA source who requested anonymity because he is not authorized to speak on player movements.

The deal is believed to be in the $80-million range and expected to span five years.

In another deal today, former Clipper Corey Maggette reached agreement to join the Golden State Warriors in a five-year deal worth about $50 million, according to NBA sources who requested anonymity because they are not authorized to speak about player movements. Maggette also opted out of the last year of his Clippers contract last week.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-clippers9-2008jul09,0,7626268.story

Elton Brand has reached a verbal agreement to sign a multiyear contract with the Philadelphia 76ers, according to an NBA source who requested anonymity because he is not authorized to speak on player movements.

The deal is believed to be in the $80-million range and expected to span five years.

In another deal today, former Clipper Corey Maggette reached agreement to join the Golden State Warriors in a five-year deal worth about $50 million, according to NBA sources who requested anonymity because they are not authorized to speak about player movements. Maggette also opted out of the last year of his Clippers contract last week.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-clippers9-2008jul09,0,7626268.story

Oh, man. I was looking forward to the Celtics going after Maggette. Hey, at least we can still bring back Posey, hopefully.

I knew there was going to be absolutely no chance the Celtics would have been able to get Maggette. The teams with more money, like the Warriors, and Sixers were the front runners, then I still believe the Spurs, and Magic were ahead of the Celtics in the running as well.

Archived