Moose A

Hughes F

Kennedy F

Farnsworth B

Hawkins F

Ramirez B

Rivera A+

Ohlendorf F

Ponson C+ (I hate him, but i'll tip my cap to his performance in his 3 starts)

Rasner D+

Giese B

Robertson A

Veras B

Hitters:

Posada C+

Giambi A+ (LOL...how can you justify giving the best 1b in the AL a B? You really hate him don't you?)

Cano F (That was the easiest.)

Jeter C

A-Rod A (lol at that B- too)

Matsui B+

Damon A-

Melky F

Abreu C-

Pitchers:

Pettitte B-

Moose A

Joba A

Rasner C

Ponson C+

Wang B-

Kennedy/Hughes INC

Rivera A+...guy never ceases to amaze me.

Edwar A-

Veras A

Farnsworth B

Hawkins sucks.

Robertson INC

Maybe I should have gave Giambi a better grade, and no I don't hate him, I think I'll be upset next season, and he wont be there.

On A-Rod, I have him at a B-, because I expected more from him. He hasn't exactly hit in the clutch this point of the season as he was last year. Basically the grades are based on my expectations of a player.

Hitters:

Posada C+

Giambi B

Cano D-

Jeter D-

A-Rod A

Damon A

Matsui A

Melky D-

Abreu F

Betemit D

molina- A

Pitchers:

Wang A

Joba A+

Pettitte C

Moose A

Hughes-cant rate

Kennedy F

Farnsworth B

Hawkins F

Ramirez B-

Rivera A+

Ohlendorf D

Ponson B

Rasner D

Giese B

Veras B

Hitters:

Giambi A+ (LOL...how can you justify giving the best 1b in the AL a B? You really hate him don't you?)

Giambi is having a great bounce back season. However, the best first baseman in the American League resides in Boston. I know a lot of people dislike him in Yankee-town, but he has the best OPS of any AL 1B and his defense has been GG calibur again. If it wasn't for Hamilton and Kinsler and the talk of guys like them, Youks would be a very serious contender for MVP, if he isn't already.

Giambi is having a great bounce back season. However, the best first baseman in the American League resides in Boston. I know a lot of people dislike him in Yankee-town, but he has the best OPS of any AL 1B and his defense has been GG calibur again. If it wasn't for Hamilton and Kinsler and the talk of guys like them, Youks would be a very serious contender for MVP, if he isn't already.

Thread hi-jacker!!! ;) Enough about the Sox.

As for the proposed question of this thread.......

Yankees - Pretty good segment on Hank on ESPN. Good, for the Yanks and not Sox, but if the Yankees are truly going to adopt the mantra of building throuh draft versus FA spending. Then this year is not a total loss. I would also not write off Kennedy and Hughes. Despite Mad Mike's declaration of greatness before they ever through a professional pitch, they still need to develop. Two years ago Jon Lester was hit and miss, but he appears to have crossed that threshold to prooven professional versus potential major league player.

Yankees are making steps in the right direction. The best thing for the Yankees might have been the Red Sox adopting the same mantra, but two years before them. At the end of the day, the Yankees have the most money and if they stay the course, they will soon return to the top of the AL East.

Mets - Who cares?

Hitters:

Posada C

Giambi B

Cano F

Jeter D-

A-Rod A-

Damon A

Matsui A-

Melky D

Abreu D-

Betemit C+

Pitchers:

Wang B+

Joba A

Pettitte B

Moose A

Hughes F

Kennedy F

Farnsworth B-

Hawkins F

Ramirez B

Rivera A+

Ohlendorf F

Ponson C

Rasner D

Giese B

Robertson A-

Veras B

Hitters:

Posada B

Giambi B

Cano F

Jeter D+

A-Rod A

Damon A+

Matsui B+

Melky D-

Abreu F

Betemit C

Pitchers:

Wang B

Joba A+

Pettitte C-

Moose A

Hughes F

Kennedy F

Farnsworth B

Hawkins F

Ramirez B

Rivera A+

Ohlendorf F

Ponson C+

Rasner C

Giese B

Robertson A

Veras B

Reyes

B: Has had his issues up to this point, but he seems to have put it together, and his stats are up to par with what we normally expect from him

Castillo

C+: Oft injured and slowing down, but still makes the occasional play, it

I think Wang and Pettitte are being underrated here.

Agree about Pettitte. I do think Wang deserves around a B, which is what most people have given him. When you look past his W-L record he hasn't been spectacular. Pettitte, though, has been a solid 2-3 starter, which is what most people, I hope, expected. I don't understand all the hate for him.

Archived