Packers Gauge interest around league for favre

BroadwayJ667

dunno whether it will happen, my guess i if that the talks have heated up it's because Woody Johnson is pushing Tannenbaum.

anyway on the Dan Patrick show this morning the writer who broke the story (sorry forgot his name) that Favre wanted back said it's likely that within 48-72 hours Favre will be in Tampa

Lol that would just look wrong imo. We wear green, at least it won't look THAT bad on Favre. But c'mon, Tampa? He said he doesn't want to go somewhere warm too, why would he be in Tampa?

The way I see it, we're the front runners for it. Not many places colder than NY during the SB run.

New York Jets, the Baltimore Ravens, the Miami Dolphins and the Houston Texans in the AFC and the Carolina Panthers, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Atlanta Falcons and Washington Redskins in the NFC.

Texans: No way, Matt Schaub is there. They just gave him millions and millions of $'s.

Dolphins: No way. Rebuilding team, Favre will not go there.

Panthers: They have Delhomme and they like Matt Moore, I don't know.

Falcons: No way. Rebuilding team with Matt Ryan just being given $72 million. Favre will not go there.

Redskins: They just shelled out boatloads of $ for Jason Taylor, do they have the cap room? Snyder, even with Jason Campbell in house, I'm sure would still go for Favre.

Bucs: Gruden loves QB's and Garcia is having contract disputes with the organization. Most likely scenario.

Ravens: Have three QB's in house, and they like Troy Smith and obviously Joe Flacco, so I'm not sure they'd bring in Brett but you know Ray Lewis will be up in Ozzie Newsomes office screaming and yelling for him. 50/50.

Jets: Have pretty good talent surrounding the QB on offense for Favre and their defense has improved just on the fact of their aquistions. Don't know if Brett would want to play in the big city light. 50/50.

dunno whether it will happen, my guess i if that the talks have heated up it's because Woody Johnson is pushing Tannenbaum.

anyway on the Dan Patrick show this morning the writer who broke the story (sorry forgot his name) that Favre wanted back said it's likely that within 48-72 hours Favre will be in Tampa

Key words in the article are that it's green Bay making the calls at the commissioner's direction. Doesn't mean the Jets are even slightly interested.

If I had to guess, I'd agree with Tampa. Chucky loves QB's, and Tampa being a small city kind of fit Favre's mold.

Didn't he say he wouldn't play in warm weather?

Texans: No way, Matt Schaub is there. They just gave him millions and millions of $'s.

Dolphins: No way. Rebuilding team, Favre will not go there.

Panthers: They have Delhomme and they like Matt Moore, I don't know.

Falcons: No way. Rebuilding team with Matt Ryan just being given $72 million. Favre will not go there.

Redskins: They just shelled out boatloads of $ for Jason Taylor, do they have the cap room? Snyder, even with Jason Campbell in house, I'm sure would still go for Favre.

Bucs: Gruden loves QB's and Garcia is having contract disputes with the organization. Most likely scenario.

Ravens: Have three QB's in house, and they like Troy Smith and obviously Joe Flacco, so I'm not sure they'd bring in Brett but you know Ray Lewis will be up in Ozzie Newsomes office screaming and yelling for him. 50/50.

Jets: Have pretty good talent surrounding the QB on offense for Favre and their defense has improved just on the fact of their aquistions. Don't know if Brett would want to play in the big city light. 50/50.

pretty much of the same opinion, but here's the thing with carolina, a lot of jobs are on the line there. if they think they can win it all they might make a strong push for him, especially if Jake has a setback.

the ravens really wanna have an excuse to rid themselves of Boller, Favre is that excuse, plus they don't really want to start flacco just yet.

Tampa - peter king said it best when he said if Gruden had an 80 man roster and 79 were quarterbacks he'd want the 80th to be a quarterback.

the jets- it really comes down to woody johnson, if he thinks the team can win now, he'll push tannenbaum to do it.

I don't care that cimini said no chance, he's as reliable as a condom full of holes.

Archived