Bottom line win now team or not?

4HCrew

What exactly are the Jets? a win now team? a rebuilding team? one qb away? it seems that is where the arguments are coming from. From what I have read Kellen continues to have happy feet and problems reading defenses...not good. Chad is just Chad but is that good enough behind this new line? And if not is it worth to waste a year without a legitimate qb? it is not like Faneca, Coles and some others are getting younger

Of course you have not read DAY 2 practice articles concerning the QB controversey. Kellen won the competition- hands down by being accurate on the long ball that CHAD only talks about. If you remember, BRADSHAW was said to have HAPPY FEET UNTIL he finally developed and gained experience. TYhe he won several SUPER BOWLS. Then we have the saga of ELI MANNING. Why is it that young QBs on other teams can get the time they need to develop but with the JETS, KELLEN must be all-pro after 7 games? You are basing your opinion on 7 games with a poor OL and the#1 WR hurt and 2 practices. Sorry but it takes a lot longer to develop a QB. Heck, CHAD could never beat out VINNY in camp until Vinny got hurt in a game and couldn't play. I also look to Denver where a superbly talented CUTLER has struggled and thrown an INT in every game he has played. Further, he has played in many more games then Kellen. Then again Payton Manning's first year was not inspiring either! Troy Aikman's first year was embarassing yet it is KELLEN that MUST be an all-pro by game 8 of his career! Lets be real! We won't know about KELLEN until he gets more playing time with a good OL; a healthy #1 wr and a strong run game. and a game plan suited for his ability. remember: It takes time to develop a young QB. Patience is a virtue. We could be a win-now team with a great QB. We have to develop that player or get Favre, assuming he has lots left. I'd rather develop Kellen, Ratliff and Ainge and win next year and several years after that! Maybe we ought to have faith in our kids, as the FO did by selecting them. Let them play and see what we have. We just might be surprised!

Archived