Bottom line win now team or not?

4HCrew

What exactly are the Jets? a win now team? a rebuilding team? one qb away? it seems that is where the arguments are coming from. From what I have read Kellen continues to have happy feet and problems reading defenses...not good. Chad is just Chad but is that good enough behind this new line? And if not is it worth to waste a year without a legitimate qb? it is not like Faneca, Coles and some others are getting younger

The moves they made this offseason make them a win now team. Damien Woody? He got a lot of money to play a position he hasn't played a lot of.

That is what a win now team does.

Don't forget Kris Jenkins and Pace, we payed them good money.

You have to say win now and have a small core of players to build for the long haul.

After the giants winning last year and coming new stadium with PSL's this team needs to win or be prepared to get slammed by media and fans.

so would a win now team go with a young qb that still has alot to learn or a veteran qb who has a hard time staying healthy and is limited in terms of stretching the field?

None. I don't want none of those fags.

so would a win now team go with a young qb that still has alot to learn or a veteran qb who has a hard time staying healthy and is limited in terms of stretching the field?

When you put it that way it makes me want to cry!

The future HOF'er with a cannon arm.

J/K, in seriousness I think we can contend with any QB. We have that much talent around them.

Cmon now Irish Jet you have got to be kidding me. I understand you are excited but keep it real a tad

Our major weaknesses last year were on the O-line which greatly affected the QB play and of course the running game. I'll be willing to bet both will improve dramatically this season.

The defense too could be potentially dominant with the additions. Jenkins IMO could be the signing of the off-season in terms of importance.

With Favre we are Super Bowl contenders. Period.

Maybe, if you were in the NFC.

Favre upgrades the QB position no doubt. The Jets probably move ahead of or at least in the thick of the hunt with Tennesse, Cleveland, Buffalo and Denver for the last playoff spot. However, Indy and New England are currently the favorites. San Diego is a step behind them and Jax and Pittsburgh are ready to step up more so then the Jets.

There are too many good AFC Teams for the Jets to win a Superbowl.

Favre upgrades the QB position no doubt. The Jets probably move ahead of or at least in the thick of the hunt with Tennesse, Cleveland, Buffalo and Denver for the last playoff spot. However, Indy and New England are currently the favorites. San Diego is a step behind them and Jax and Pittsburgh are ready to step up more so then the Jets.

Yeah I mean, look at how the AFC dominated the NFC in that superbowl.

The Jets are in a much, much better position than Pittsburgh. Jacksonville still hasn't beat anyone. They barely beat Pittsburgh, a weak team last season, and still cannot beat Indianapolis. They'll get their 12 wins, but a 1st or 2nd round exit will indeed follow.

The Jets are right there with New England, Indy & San Diego with Favre in house.

The teams your naming are favorites right now. To be honest with you anything can change from week 1 to week 6.

I like your perspective but it's not always true. No one thought the Browns were going to be one game away from the playoffs or Peterson running for 296 yards.

The Jets can go as far as they want with a good QB.

We lost many games by a touchdown or less last season, that's with a bad offensive line, defensive line, running game, passing game, and defense overall. I think this off-season we cleared mostly that and with a QB in Favre, we'll be ready to be a 10 or 11 win team.

The teams your naming are favorites right now. To be honest with you anything can change from week 1 to week 6.

I like your perspective but it's not always true. No one thought the Browns were going to be one game away from the playoffs or Peterson running for 296 yards.

The Jets can go as far as they want with a good QB.

The Browns played a soft schedule. They played the AFC East and outside of New England it was horrible. The NFC West was not much better. They beat one playoff team.

Throwing out this qualifier, barring injuries, IMHO New England, Indy and San Diego are locks for a playoff spot. I want to put Jacksonville and Pittsburgh in that group as well.

I do not disagree with any of your points. If the price is right, and that is my key point, I think the Jets should get him. They will be better. The race to step-up in the AFC East between the Jets and Jills would be tipped towards the Jets.

My bottomline is this, while the Jets would be better, I do not think Favre is going to make the Jets into the 2007 version of the Giants. The AFC is too good for the Jets to get through 2 to 3 games and get to the Superbowl. Especially, given his recent playoff history.

The Browns played a soft schedule. They played the AFC East and outside of New England it was horrible. The NFC West was not much better. They beat one playoff team.

Throwing out this qualifier, barring injuries, IMHO New England, Indy and San Diego are locks for a playoff spot. I want to put Jacksonville and Pittsburgh in that group as well.

I do not disagree with any of your points. If the price is right, and that is my key point, I think the Jets should get him. They will be better. The race to step-up in the AFC East between the Jets and Jills would be tipped towards the Jets.

My bottomline is this, while the Jets would be better, I do not think Favre is going to make the Jets into the 2007 version of the Giants. The AFC is too good for the Jets to get through 2 to 3 games and get to the Superbowl. Especially, given his recent playoff history.

The NFC is not as soft as people say. The entire NFC East can make the playoffs along with Seahawks, Saints, Vikings, Packers, and maybe Tampa.

I do agree that the AFC is much tougher tho and we're going to need a lot of luck to possibly make the SB. The Browns on the other hand did have a easy schedule, which I forgot. I honestly don't know how they'll perform this season, they also did win a couple of games by a TD or less.

The NFC is not as soft as people say. The entire NFC East can make the playoffs along with Seahawks, Saints, Vikings, Packers, and maybe Tampa.

I do agree that the AFC is much tougher tho and we're going to need a lot of luck to possibly make the SB. The Browns on the other hand did have a easy schedule, which I forgot. I honestly don't know how they'll perform this season, they also did win a couple of games by a TD or less.

It will come down to what Tangini think is best.

If Favre is a one and done, I say give him no more then a 4th. While his baggage is not as much as Moss brought to the table last year, he is 38 and indecisve on his future plans.

IMHO if the Jets are going to be worse off in two to three years, let him go. By this I mean, is the Jets long term future hindered by drafting lower for the next two to three years? Getting Brett and his 39 million contract, how does that affect the other young Jets coming up for a new contract?

If the Jets can bring him in and be better, kind of like the Sox with Schilling, then get him.

It will come down to what Tangini think is best.

If Favre is a one and done, I say give him no more then a 4th. While his baggage is not as much as Moss brought to the table last year, he is 38 and indecisve on his future plans.

IMHO if the Jets are going to be worse off in two to three years, let him go. By this I mean, is the Jets long term future hindered by drafting lower for the next two to three years? Getting Brett and his 39 million contract, how does that affect the other young Jets coming up for a new contract?

If the Jets can bring him in and be better, kind of like the Sox with Schilling, then get him.

With Favre, you never know when he's going to retire. Good post tho.

With Favre, you never know when he's going to retire. Good post tho.

That is why I think the Packers should stay with Rodgers. Like the Browns, they caught lighting in the bottle and are unlikely to duplicate their success again. They can ride Brett 1, 2, 3 more years and will have nothing but a wasted pick.

That is why I think the Packers should stay with Rodgers. Like the Browns, they caught lighting in the bottle and are unlikely to duplicate their success again. They can ride Brett 1, 2, 3 more years and will have nothing but a wasted pick.

The Browns had a better offensive line to support Anderson tho.

The Browns had a better offensive line to support Anderson tho.

They also had Braylon Edwards, KWII and Jamal Lewis. IMO adding Stallworth will only help that offense.

I can't see how the Browns do not improve as a team this year. Whether they improve their record remains to be seen.

They also had Braylon Edwards, KWII and Jamal Lewis. IMO adding Stallworth will only help that offense.

I can't see how the Browns do not improve as a team this year. Whether they improve their record remains to be seen.

If they can get between 7-9 wins, I think the season will be a success.

I won't be surprised if the Browns went to the AFC Championchip game and I won't be surprised if they miss the playoffs. The Browns been a terrible franchise for a long damn time and you can't change that without playoff experience.

With Favre we are Super Bowl contenders. Period.

Hold on there. Jets are still a couple players and another draft at least away, from being a superbowl contender. Jets have no depth at alot of positions(one injury somewhere and it can derail this team real fast) . Jets have too many questions right now to be serious contenders.

Should that stop them from going for Favre. NO He clearly makeds them a better team. Get to the playoffs and the best team dosen't always win.(Nobody predicted Giants winning the Superbowl)

Archived