Rhetorical Question regarding Clemens

C-Mart28

Could the Brett Favre situation be the cause of Clemens troubles?

Perhaps he is pushing the envelope to make plays in order to put it into the minds of the organization that they wont need Favre causing him to make mistakes and throws that he shouldnt.

Just putting it out there to discuss

Perhaps he is pushing the envelope to make plays in order to put it into the minds of the organization that they wont need Favre causing him to make mistakes and throws that he shouldnt.

If so then that is a bad indicator of how he will do under pressure, imho. From all accountsChad is taking risks at practice as well. Just smarter risks that are ending up in completions rather than picks.

If it's a Rhetorical Question, doesn't that mean we're not supposed to answer it?

If it's a Rhetorical Question, doesn't that mean we're not supposed to answer it?

More that it isnt suppose to have a definite answer, at least that was my intention, or I could just be an idiot...probably a little of both :bag:

If so then that is a bad indicator of how he will do under pressure, imho. From all accountsChad is taking risks at practice as well. Just smarter risks that are ending up in completions rather than picks.

Yea thos 10 to 15 yd dumpoffs are real risks he's taking, just imagine we he breaks out the canon, defenses beware...seriously Clemens is a young QB who already has to go against 1 vet to win the starting job, now he has to worry about 2, I imagine it like a hitter in baseball coming on a milestone and unable to get over that hump, then when he does all that pressure is off and he's able to just play. If Clemens gets the gig right out, I think we'll see him relax and play better since he wont have to deal with the thought that any little mistake could cost him his chance to be a starting QB

Yea thos 10 to 15 yd dumpoffs are real risks he's taking, just imagine we he breaks out the canon, defenses beware...seriously Clemens is a young QB who already has to go against 1 vet to win the starting job, now he has to worry about 2, I imagine it like a hitter in baseball coming on a milestone and unable to get over that hump, then when he does all that pressure is off and he's able to just play. If Clemens gets the gig right out, I think we'll see him relax and play better since he wont have to deal with the thought that any little mistake could cost him his chance to be a starting QB

That is a great theory if you were Herm Edwards or Bruce Coslet. Great players are also great competitors and would/should wecome the competition and rise to the occasion. If he is looking over his shoulder at Favre he has absolutley no chance at all of ever amounting to anything in the NFL. Guarenteed.

I have yet to read an account where Pennington has not thrown almost exclusively seam and underneath paterns. It's all he can do. Some people, which I will never understand, like it because it produces high Qb ratings and limits interceptions but it does not score points, and leaves us powerless to come back in the 4th quarter.

That is a great theory if you were Herm Edwards or Bruce Coslet. Great players are also great competitors and would/should wecome the competition and rise to the occasion. If he is looking over his shoulder at Favre he has absolutley no chance at all of ever amounting to anything in the NFL. Guarenteed.

It's different if you are a vet facing a rookie, a rookie facing a vet (or possibly 2) is different because he is already at a disadvantage based on the experience factor alone.

Heck, at practice people in the stands were chanting for Brett Favre and being bombarded with questions about it everday by everyone outside the team, it has to get under his skin a little bit.

We are all so ready to toss him aside without giving him the fair chance he needs to show what he does have. Thats why I think the preseason games will be most telling in this regard, the coaches arent going to blow the whistle dead to avoid the sack, they are going to get hit, and hard. Whichever QB steps up in those games deserves the starting job, not whoever has an edge on the practice field

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

that is some funny shiit

now his excuse is he is nervous about someone that isn't even on the team? I guess he is nervous about winning a big game like the Super Bowl before it is even close to becoming a reality???

give me a break..

heres what I think:

HE SUCKS..is this year 3 or 4? He still can't beat out the crappy incunbant and you have the balls to say he is worried about Favre?

I repeat:

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

The excuses the Clemens supporters make!

Remember last year when Kellen was given the starting job and was not doing well? I read Clemens' supporters-not so much on this board but from other sources-try to claim that since the playbook was written for Chad, to cover his weaknesses, it was unfair to expect Clemens to be at his best working with "Chad's" playbook!!

Now because the coach is intimating that Clemens is not doing so well, it's unfair because poor Kellen has to look over his shoulder wondering about Favre. Brother!

To make matters even more ridiculous, it isn't Clemens whose Jet career is automatically ended if Favre gets here-it's Pennington. Because Favre would likely be the starter for two years. Pennington will be 34 in two years, and chances of reclaiming the job are remote. Clemens, on the other hand, will likely still be on the team if Favre comes here, in two years he'll entering his fifth year and superbly versed in the system. Unless he screws up in practice or they become supremely disenchanted with him, Kellen should just waltz right into the job when Favre leaves. So it's not Kellen who has to worry if Favre comes here.

Yea thos 10 to 15 yd dumpoffs are real risks he's taking, just imagine we he breaks out the canon, defenses beware...

Errr, a 10 to 15 yard play is a "dumpoff"? I wonder if you and I are even talking the same game here.

On kickoff, unless it's a touchback the team normally gets the ball around the 30 yard line. If you execute four of those 15 yard "dumpoffs" you're on the 10 yard line!!!

Believe me, if was a QB and I could do that consistently, I would throw nothing but "dumpoffs" even if I could propel the ball 90 yards.

Errr, a 10 to 15 yard play is a "dumpoff"? I wonder if you and I are even talking the same game here.

On kickoff, unless it's a touchback the team normally gets the ball around the 30 yard line. If you execute four of those 15 yard "dumpoffs" you're on the 10 yard line!!!

Believe me, if was a QB and I could do that consistently, I would throw nothing but "dumpoffs" even if I could propel the ball 90 yards.

C-MART, you have been owned AGAIN

Could not disagree more with this post!!

Our team normally gets the ball around the endzone:

nfl_g_washington_200.jpg

justin.jpg

-Realtalk-

Archived