Jets Sign 2 Cut 2

jetsrule128

The team signed safety Ron Girault (Rutgers), linebacker Brandon Renkart (Rutgers), The Jets released , safety Darnell Bing and cornerback Andre Woolfolk, who just never could get completely healthy it seemed.

renkart was the guy we were trying to get after the draft but went to miami insted

the transactions continue. Late this afternoon the Jets announced the signing of two players and the release of two players, all of them on the defensive side of the ball.

The signees are safety Ron Girault (5'10", 204) and linebacker Brandon Renkart (6'2", 236), both of Rutgers. Girault was released by Kansas City recently, while Renkart had been an unsigned free agent.

The releases from the Jets secondary are safety Darnell Bing of Southern Cal, who was waived, and cornerback Andre Woolfolk, the former 2003 first-round choice of the Chiefs.

Girault will wear uniform No. 43 and Renkart will sport No. 47. Hopefully they're both in prime shape because I am now going out to watch them and the rest of the Jets at today's second practice of the day.

There goes the people talking up Darnell Bing and Andre Woolfolk. Ahmad Carroll lasts another day in which players are released.

BTW, why are we signing Rutgers players? Don't we want to win a championship? :puke:

I think they are signing Rutgers players just so when they cut them they will be close to home lol

I honestly think there is some truth to this. There are guys that might not get a look elsewhere that may stick around after they are cut. Then when there are injuries during the season they can be brought onto the practice squad or roster and they will know the basic system. Guys like these and McMacklin the OL from Hofstra. They have to have some talent, but if they are cut they'll be around during the season. Team probably scouted them thoroughly too.

Archived