A. J. Schable

hoping4ASuperBowl

Jets' Schable has movement in arms, legs after being carted off

CLEVELAND -- New York Jets tight end A.J. Schable was taken from the field on a stretcher and hospitalized Thursday night after a head-to-head hit in a preseason game against the Cleveland Browns.

The Jets were awaiting results of tests, but early reports from the hospital were positive.

"He does have movement in his arms and legs," coach Eric Mangini said after New York's 24-20 win. "That is extremely encouraging."

Schable, in his second season with the Jets, was knocked backward by Cleveland offensive lineman Cliff Louis while trying to make a tackle on a kickoff return. He remained on the field in a curled up position until trainers turned him on his back, then gently placed him on a stretcher.

The entire Jets team went on the field as Schable was immobilized and carted away with 12 minutes remaining in the preseason game. Schable gave a thumbs-up with his left hand as he was being wheeled off the field.

Jets' Schable has movement in arms, legs after being carted off

CLEVELAND -- New York Jets tight end A.J. Schable was taken from the field on a stretcher and hospitalized Thursday night after a head-to-head hit in a preseason game against the Cleveland Browns.

The Jets were awaiting results of tests, but early reports from the hospital were positive.

"He does have movement in his arms and legs," coach Eric Mangini said after New York's 24-20 win. "That is extremely encouraging."

Schable, in his second season with the Jets, was knocked backward by Cleveland offensive lineman Cliff Louis while trying to make a tackle on a kickoff return. He remained on the field in a curled up position until trainers turned him on his back, then gently placed him on a stretcher.

The entire Jets team went on the field as Schable was immobilized and carted away with 12 minutes remaining in the preseason game. Schable gave a thumbs-up with his left hand as he was being wheeled off the field.

I talked to AJ's Brother this morning, and it sounds like AJ got a concussion and a stinger. They take so much extra precaution anymore, which is good. Sounds like he could be back in a couple of weeks, depending on the severity of the concussion. Scared the crap out of me when I saw it though.

I talked to AJ's Brother this morning, and it sounds like AJ got a concussion and a stinger. They take so much extra precaution anymore, which is good. Sounds like he could be back in a couple of weeks, depending on the severity of the concussion. Scared the crap out of me when I saw it though.

welcome ig & thanks for the update. much appreciated

Archived