Rangers Agree to Terms with Martin Rucinsky

BlackLabelJetsFan

God,are they gonna suck.

Forsberg, Leetch-nah.

Thornton and Ingila have reupped, so they're basically giving up on this season in the hope that a.the Lightning won't resign Lecalvier and b. he'd be willing to leave a class guy like Davidson for the chaos of Sather and the Dolans.

If you're anywhere near British Coumbia, Sather needs to reupp on ice, bait and beer. Help a borther out, people!

Actually Sather is showing restraint unlike the other GM's . It looks like finally the Rangers are serious in giving younger players an opportunity. They actually have some promising young guys that can make the lineup

• 2 weeks later...

Be advised-Glen Sather is back from his fishing trip-but on his way to the golf course. If any unemployed players want a contract, find out where Glen stops for his coffee on the way and see if he might talk to you.

BY comparison Lou Lamirello hasn't taken a day off since he got wind of the settlement.

Actually I don't mind that we're being relatively inactive in the FA market. We've been trying to sign big names for 8 years and we haven't made the playoffs once. Even though we won't be good this year again, all the young kids are going to get a lot of experience and it will help us in the long run. I'd rather lose with young, hungry guys and than with old, washed-up guys who don't play hard.

I don't totally disagree. But Sather is an absentee GM. No other GM knowing this would all go down and the rosters would be in such flux would go on vacation. Think of it-a whole draft, the wildest FA market in NHL history and a whole new set of rules. And Sather stays in the boat. It's pretty bad when you know Mike Milbury is working harder and may be smarter.

After so many mistakes in bringing name players in I want to see the Rangers play the younger players. This year with so many players switching teams and with a year layoff all bets are off on who is actually going to be good IMO

Archived