Farvre's arm fatigued after morning session

Mrs. Sperm

LOL! He's been talking retirement after every season for what? The last four seasons? He's 100 years old in QB years and he's going to hate New York/New Jersey.

He gets a limo to drive him to practice so he can live in the woods if he wants. Heck, they'll send him a helicopter so he can live in the mountains if that's where he wants to be. So much for hating the locale.

As for the age, Joe Montana went to Kansas City at the age of 36, leading his team to the playoffs both time and even the championship game once.. This was after being injured two years, and previously having his back operated on. Favre will be 40 in 2009 and has never been seriously injured. If I had to bet on a return, I'd bet on the 40 year old with no injuries over the 37 year old with a long history of coming back from extensive injuries all the time. Wouldn't you?

Muscle strength doesn't decline that much with age, speed does. Montana depended on running around back there until something opened up-a skill much more likely to decline in the late thirties. Favre is mobile, but he usually just goes a few of steps and then rifles the ball in there. I'm not saying speed and reflexes count for nothing, but they counted for a lot more with Montana's style than Favre's.

If the Jets make the playoffs, play better as the season progresses and looks like they can really go for the SuperBowl in 2009, why wouldn't Favre take one last shot?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He gets a limo to drive him to practice so he can live in the woods if he wants. Heck, they'll send him a helicopter so he can live in the mountains if that's where he wants to be. So much for hating the locale.

As for the age, Joe Montana went to Kansas City at the age of 36, leading his team to the playoffs both time and even the championship game once.. This was after being injured two years, and previously having his back operated on. Favre will be 40 in 2009 and has never been seriously injured. If I had to bet on a return, I'd bet on the 40 year old with no injuries over the 37 year old with a long history of coming back from extensive injuries all the time. Wouldn't you?

Muscle strength doesn't decline that much with age, speed does. Montana depended on running around back there until something opened up-a skill much more likely to decline in the late thirties. Favre is mobile, but he usually just goes a few of steps and then rifles the ball in there. I'm not saying speed and reflexes count for nothing, but they counted for a lot more with Montana's style than Favre's.

If the Jets make the playoffs, play better as the season progresses and looks like they can really go for the SuperBowl in 2009, why wouldn't Favre take one last shot?

You got me. But that sure sounds a lot like his last season with GB, and what did he do?

Farves arm is likely tired from holding the microphone at numerous press conferences, signing autographs and kissing babies.

If this keeps up Arod will have to date Amy Winehouse.

That is pretty good.

:)

Archived