Farvre's arm fatigued after morning session

Mrs. Sperm

I forgot where I read it, probably somewhere here, but I think it was MSchott that said Bschott and McCarthy's offenses are very similar, and that Favre has a photographic memory so it won't be a problem at all.

As for getting into shape, you can't do that by injuring yourself. Throughout HS and a little bit of college, my arm pretty much always hurt and I never really understood why, I thought it was just normal. I haven't thrown a football, definitely not as much as when I was younger at least, for years now, and my arm feels great. And I'm a weight lifter (among other things), so I definitely do things that should tear up my arm. I'm convinced throwing a football, with proper velocity, absolutely destroys your arm. It is not a natural motion. I can throw 500 jabs and it's not as bad as throwing 75 footballs.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NOODLE ARM!! NOODLE ARM!! :rl:

You are way off base. He's a 38 year old, soon to be 39, gunslinger.

While we are talking about Lord Favre I present his playoff record:

1993: 1-1

1994: 1-1

1995: 2-1

1996: 3-0

1997: 2-1

1998: 0-1

2001: 1-1

2002: 0-1

2003: 1-1

2004: 0-1

2007: 1-1

That's a hell of a lot of playoff appearances. You seem to forget, this franchise is not accustomed to making the playoffs year in year out. Your franchise wasn't used to it either before Brady you know. What's Brady's playoff record look without cheating btw?

I present his being the all time leadiner in Touchdowns, WINS, Completions & games started in a row by a Quarterback. The ultimate Iron Man, one of the best Quarterbacks to ever play the game. Just because Brady* has had more success (better coaching always helps) and heck, maybe he's even a better Quarterback too, doesn't mean Favre sucks.

BTW:

Brett Favre's playoff record: 12-9, One Time Super Bowl Champion (Two Super Bowls)

Peyton Manning's playoff record: 7-7, One Time Super Bowl Champion

Most QB's do not have the success of Brady*, Montana, Bradshaw and Aikman. Teams are dynastys, not the Quarterbacks.

I present his being the all time leadiner in Touchdowns, WINS, Completions & games started in a row by a Quarterback. The ultimate Iron Man, one of the best Quarterbacks to ever play the game. Just because Brady* has had more success (better coaching always helps) and heck, maybe he's even a better Quarterback too, doesn't mean Favre sucks.

BTW:

Brett Favre's playoff record: 12-9, One Time Super Bowl Champion (Two Super Bowls)

Most QB's do not have the success of Brady*, Montana, Bradshaw and Aikman. Teams are dynastys, not the Quarterbacks.

I thought Lord Favre was the best QB ever? His playoff performances have sucked arse since 2000.

BTW:

Who has more MVP's? ;)

I thought Lord Favre was the best QB ever? His playoff performances have sucked arse since 2000.

Ah so we can pick our spots now.

Tom Brady has also done nothing in the playoffs since 2004 and two years in a row has choked.

Ah so we can pick our spots now.

Tom Brady has also done nothing in the playoffs since 2004 and two years in a row has choked.

You brought up regular season stats when talking about Favre. This thread has nothing to do with Brady.

You brought up regular season stats when talking about Favre. This thread has nothing to do with Brady.

Sure it does. You're a Patriots fan bashing on Favre of course your "Lord and Savior" Brady will be brought into the discussion.

Brett Favre is one of the best QB's of all time whether you like him or not, and I know for a fact you don't care for him at all. The facts and statistics are all there.

Over .500 Playoff record, Super Bowl Champion, Three time MVP, leader in wins, completions, touchdowns and consecutive starts.

Brett Favre is one of the best all-time. So is Tom Brady. Deal with it and move on.

Tom Brady has had a bad shoulder his whole career and rests his arm dyuring pre-season...

Does anyone really beleive any of this BS that comes out of a Mangini/BB team?>

To be fair, Favre was the one who came out and said it, not Mangini.

Sure it does. You're a Patriots fan bashing on Favre of course your "Lord and Savior" Brady will be brought into the discussion.

Brett Favre is one of the best QB's of all time whether you like him or not, and I know for a fact you don't care for him at all. The facts and statistics are all there.

Over .500 Playoff record, Super Bowl Champion, Three time MVP, leader in wins, completions, touchdowns and consecutive starts.

Brett Favre is one of the best all-time. So is Tom Brady. Deal with it and move on.

Over a .500 record in the playoffs, is that all you got? Favre started playing when you were wearing diapers.

Brady/Manning > Favre. I cant wait to see him throw a pick or two in Week 2.

Over a .500 record in the playoffs, is that all you got? Favre started playing when you were wearing diapers.

Brady/Manning > Favre. I cant wait to see him throw a pick or two in Week 2.

All I've got? Did you read the rest of the sentence. :rl: :rl: :rl:

Favre > P.Manning.

And that'll be fine if he throws one or two. Brady will throw one or two as well.

JUST F'ING GREAT!!!!!

Favre battling dead-arm period: 'I felt 38 today'

Wire services August 14, 2008 HEMPSTEAD, N.Y. - Brett Favre dropped back, looked downfield and launched a long spiral about 5 yards past his intended receiver. A few plays later, the Jets quarterback short-hopped a toss that thumped into the grass.

"I felt 38 today," Favre said Wednesday after New York's morning practice. "I'm not going to lie to you."

Favre fired a few duds in his fifth practice since joining the Jets, saying his rocket right arm is a bit tired.

"My arm's kind of dragging a little bit today," Favre said. "It's not really sore, but just fatigued. To be honest with you, I'm surprised that, I don't want to say I feel good, that I've been able to make it through every practice so far."

Favre was acquired from the Green Bay Packers late last Wednesday night, and has been practicing with the Jets since Saturday. He's set to start Saturday's preseason game against the Washington Redskins.

"I didn't throw the ball that well this morning, underthrew some throws," Favre said. "No pain, but I'm 38 years old. It's going to be fatigued a little bit."

Favre said he would talk to coach Eric Mangini about limiting his throws in the afternoon practice. Mangini hadn't spoken to Favre when he met with reporters following the early workout.

"We only have two practices left before the game and we do monitor that stuff," Mangini said. "You guys talked to him more than I did, so I don't really know where he is with that."

JUST F'ING GREAT!!!!!

Favre battling dead-arm period: 'I felt 38 today'

Wire services August 14, 2008 HEMPSTEAD, N.Y. - Brett Favre dropped back, looked downfield and launched a long spiral about 5 yards past his intended receiver. A few plays later, the Jets quarterback short-hopped a toss that thumped into the grass.

"I felt 38 today," Favre said Wednesday after New York's morning practice. "I'm not going to lie to you."

Favre fired a few duds in his fifth practice since joining the Jets, saying his rocket right arm is a bit tired.

"My arm's kind of dragging a little bit today," Favre said. "It's not really sore, but just fatigued. To be honest with you, I'm surprised that, I don't want to say I feel good, that I've been able to make it through every practice so far."

Favre was acquired from the Green Bay Packers late last Wednesday night, and has been practicing with the Jets since Saturday. He's set to start Saturday's preseason game against the Washington Redskins.

"I didn't throw the ball that well this morning, underthrew some throws," Favre said. "No pain, but I'm 38 years old. It's going to be fatigued a little bit."

Favre said he would talk to coach Eric Mangini about limiting his throws in the afternoon practice. Mangini hadn't spoken to Favre when he met with reporters following the early workout.

"We only have two practices left before the game and we do monitor that stuff," Mangini said. "You guys talked to him more than I did, so I don't really know where he is with that."

Chill out.

All I've got? Did you read the rest of the sentence. :rl: :rl: :rl:

Favre > P.Manning.

And that'll be fine if he throws one or two. Brady will throw one or two as well.

Favre is better thant Peyton Manning? Are you drunk? Silly question ;)

No offense, but arm fatigue after five practices is not a good thing - but I highly doubt it's going to effect his ability to play in the regular season. The man has played with all sorts of bumbs, bruises, breaks and sprains - arm fatigue isn't going to stop him. But I'll tell you....I can almost guaratnee he's going to retire next year - regardless of the Jets campaign this year.

No offense, but arm fatigue after five practices is not a good thing - but I highly doubt it's going to effect his ability to play in the regular season. The man has played with all sorts of bumbs, bruises, breaks and sprains - arm fatigue isn't going to stop him. But I'll tell you....I can almost guaratnee he's going to retire next year - regardless of the Jets campaign this year.

Thank You Carnak...

carnak.jpg

Every athlete has days where it just doesn't seem to work.

Ever go for a run for your usual distance and notice that you seem to be laboring, and amazingly you doubt you can even finish the normal distance you run? Usually I just cut the run short, forgot about it and came back the next day or day after, where I would always feel full strength.

Some days it seems the muscle groups for the activity just don't seem to work together smoothly and you're fighting yourself every inch of the way.

That's what it sounds like here.

Thanks for your insight. :bag:

I can almost guaratnee he's going to retire next year - regardless of the Jets campaign this year.

Just curious as to why you think that.

The core of the Jets is young-David Harris is only in his second year. Gholston, on whom we pin a lot of pass rushing hopes, is only a rookie.

The only reason Favre is back is because he got a whiff of another SuperBowl last year and can't get it off his mind. If we do well this year with a group of young players who figure to be even better in 2009, why wouldn't he give it another try if he's physically able?

Physiologists say that muscle strength does not decline much around 40, or even 50. Stamina, reflexes, yes. But not muscle strength. Favre should have that cannon arm for quite a few years yet.

Just curious as to why you think that.

The core of the Jets is young-David Harris is only in his second year. Gholston, on whom we pin a lot of pass rushing hopes, is only a rookie.

The only reason Favre is back is because he got a whiff of another SuperBowl last year and can't get it off his mind. If we do well this year with a group of young players who figure to be even better in 2009, why wouldn't he give it another try if he's physically able?

Physiologists say that muscle strength does not decline much around 40, or even 50. Stamina, reflexes, yes. But not muscle strength. Favre should have that cannon arm for quite a few years yet.

LOL! He's been talking retirement after every season for what? The last four seasons? He's 100 years old in QB years and he's going to hate New York/New Jersey.

Plus, lets say Brett delivers an SB - who cares if he retires! You've been waiting how long for another one?

Archived