Official Ny Jets Vs. Redskins Game Thread

Smizzy

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It was all dink and dunk stuff according to Miami fans (Surprise, Surprise) but it is not good to hear him playing well. IF Ricky Williams can be anything like he used to be (all signs seem to be pointing toward this unfortunately) and Ronnie Brown can get back to 100% the the Dolphins should have a formidable rushing attack. That will open up a lot of play action for Chad.

Like I said, this worries me, that game may not be as automatic as I first thought.

I'm sorry but Penny will be stopped. If anyone knows penny it's us. Not that it's in the bag but I'm not sweating it, I'm skipping to week 2.

ps. I hope clowney is ok.. I think he can beat out brad smith.

They showed a couple of Chad's throws at halftime and they weren't of the dink and dunk variety.

They also showed Ricky running. He looked very good and could be a thorn in the side of the Jets, Pats & Bills this season.

I haven't seen anything from Pennington's highlights so I'm just going by what I was told. Will look at them tommorow.

I really hope Ricky gets back on the crack pipe soon.

I liked Smith in Baltimore, would like to see him make the roster. If he gets to 100% I feel he'll be very useful.

I never cared for him much with Baltimore. Such a big dude should seem to have more power. And wasn't he like always injured with them, like he e was only able to stay healthy when he was standing on the sidelines.

And it's against backup scrubs, but Chatman looks good. He just seems to have a little something that Smith doesn't.

It was all dink and dunk stuff according to Miami fans (Surprise, Surprise) but it is not good to hear him playing well. IF Ricky Williams can be anything like he used to be (all signs seem to be pointing toward this unfortunately) and Ronnie Brown can get back to 100% the the Dolphins should have a formidable rushing attack. That will open up a lot of play action for Chad.

Like I said, this worries me, that game may not be as automatic as I first thought.

Ricky Williams and Ronnie Brown will be good, that I pretty much expect. For all the flak Williams gets, he is extremely talented. Fortunately I expect him off the roster anyway by the time we're supposed to play Miami the second time.

I was kinda hoping we could just stick 10 in the box against Chad and just win like that. It would have been nice to see him shut down since I've had to see it happen for us for so many years. Would be nice to see it from the other side for once. If we lose, I have no hope for this defense. A good defense does not lose to Pennington, unless I've been wrong for these past few years and it was not Pennington's fault.

eh.. doesn't change the fact that Penny is going to come out with a chip on his shoulder (no pun intended) and try to go deep on us and probably get lucky but come 4th quarter we will handle him.

Brett Favre is gonna PWN Chad Pennington opening day!

eh.. doesn't change the fact that Penny is going to come out with a chip on his shoulder (no pun intended) and try to go deep on us and probably get lucky but come 4th quarter we will handle him.

I'm not so confident, especially not if the running game is working for him. I honestly wouldn't be at all surprised if he had a good game vs us.

A good defense does not lose to Pennington, unless I've been wrong for these past few years and it was not Pennington's fault.

so true

I know he's playing against the backups but, man, Ratliff looks so much better than Clemens.

Ratliff has really been impressive

Next week, I really think Ratliff should get some time with the first team.

Doubtful next week, I expect Favre to get a lot more time vs The Giants. The 3rd pre-season game is normally treated as the most valuable to NFL coaches, expect Favre to see all of the 1st team snaps.

I would though like to see him come in before Clemens and maybe even start the lat game (If Favre will be rested).

We still need to realise with Ratliff that not only is it preseason, but he's is playing with and against scrubs. It is very difficult to evaluate anything, so I can't get any legit excitement over his play just yet.

Preseason means very little when evaluating players, it means even less when it's not with the 1st team.

Raliff looking pretty good again. He seems to have a confidence in the pocket that Clemens does not.

Yeah, he has poise and this is with a weak O-line, imagine him behind a good one?

And just the throws he's making and the decisions, you can tell he will be a good one. It doesn't matter that they're against backups, the location is perfect. And he seems to be able to throw it from any position. Man I'm sold, this guy is our QB of the future. A year or two of seasoning behind Favre and I feel really good about handing the keys to this guy.

I've never been a believer in giving stud RB's any kind of playing time at all in preseason. Look at San Diego, they never play LT and it always seems to work out well come the regular season. There is just too much that can go wrong. I can't get over LJ getting 14 carries for 61 yards for absolutely no good reason. RB's have only so many carries in them and only Herm would waste away some of them like that.

I've never been a believer in giving stud RB's any kind of playing time at all in preseason. Look at San Diego, they never play LT and it always seems to work out well come the regular season. There is just too much that can go wrong. I can't get over LJ getting 14 carries for 61 yards for absolutely no good reason. RB's have only so many carries in them and only Herm would waste away some of them like that.

LT starts kind of slow but I do agree. Parcells says to give them lots of playing time though in preseason.

Hey if for Clemens the WRs dropped passes, why don't they for Ratliff? Ratliff throws harder too. How come they can catch tougher passes? I have to think maybe Clemens is doing something wrong.

LT starts kind of slow but I do agree. Parcells says to give them lots of playing time though in preseason.

Hey if for Clemens the WRs dropped passes, why don't they for Ratliff? Ratliff throws harder too. How come they can catch tougher passes? I have to think maybe Clemens is doing something wrong.

Yeah, maybe cutting J-Mac was a bit harsh.

(Yes, this is a joke.;-))

Hitting receivers in the hands is doing something wrong? :confused:

Archived