Official Ny Jets Vs. Redskins Game Thread

Smizzy

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bad throw from Ratliff, needs to make that.

What to do now?

How was that a bad throw? Ratliff has placed everything perfectly. If on the fade, that was the only place he could put it so that it can't be picked.

If you mean the play after, it shoulda been caught.

lol @ Nuge though. Guess he wanted to go home.

Why did Mangini go for the field goal and overtime? Its the 2nd preseason game for goodness sakes.

Crappy night for Nugent although Graham punted well.

Agree, Nuge missing was justice for such a stupid desicion. It was a great chance to see how Ratliff would react to the clutch (If you would even call it that) situation.

Why did Mangini go for the field goal and overtime? Its the 2nd preseason game for goodness sakes.

Crappy night for Nugent although Graham punted well.

That will teach Mangini to go for something as stupid as something as a tie in the pre season. :bwahaharoll:

Why did Ratliff run over to the sideline to get instructions? Isn't that what the speaker in the helmet is for? Once he got up to the line of scrimmage he had no choice but to call a TO. That screwed everything up.

Me thinks Mangini will be working on the 2 minute drill next week in practice.

Why did Ratliff run over to the sideline to get instructions? Isn't that what the speaker in the helmet is for? Once he got up to the line of scrimmage he had no choice but to call a TO. That screwed everything up.

Probably a problem with the headset. And I don't see how it matters. With 5 seconds, you weren't going to be able to call a TO anyway, because time would run out, or it'd be an incomplete pass anyway. The timekeeper was obviously letting time run a little more all game long, everyone just wants to get it over with.

It didn't really screw anything up or at least it houldn't have screwed anything up. They didn't have time on the clock to really utilize the TO so it shouldn't have played a factor in the playcall.

Because he wanted to put Nugent in a real game situation. It a regular season game, you would not go for it, you would kick it. Nugent failed, but hopefully this will stick with him and it will be a lesson learned.

Plus it took the pressure off of Ratliff.

It was a smart move by Mangini, in my opinion.

Because he wanted to put Nugent in a real game situation. It a regular season game, you would not go for it, you would kick it. Nugent failed, but hopefully this will stick with him and it will be a lesson learned.

Plus it took the pressure off of Ratliff.

It was a smart move by Mangini, in my opinion.

I thought it was a silly move by Mangini. Go for the win. If I'm not mistaken didn't Nugent kick the game winning field goal against KC last year? There is no pressure in the preseason.

I thought it was a silly move by Mangini. Go for the win. If I'm not mistaken didn't Nugent kick the game winning field goal against KC last year? There is no pressure in the preseason.

There is still no excuse for missing that kick. Most kickers could do that in their sleep.

There is still no excuse for missing that kick. Most kickers could do that in their sleep.

I'm not defending Nugent as that was a horrible kick. My point is why would a coach want his team to go to overtime in the 2nd preseason game?

I'm not defending Nugent as that was a horrible kick. My point is why would a coach want his team to go to overtime in the 2nd preseason game?

I was baffled by that too. He should have let Ratliff have his shot at winning, there is no real reason not to. Very questionable coaching.

Really?

Nuge misses a completely meaningless kick and you say **** you, but when Chad throws countless INT's in the 4th quarters of close games (that actually count) its cool?

Really?

I thought it was cool for Chad to throw pick sixes?

Really? Care to back that up at all??

I probably overreacted a little at the time but even so there is no excuse for missing that kick. I think some competition should be brought in to put some more pressure on Nuge, see how he reacts then.

Of course there is not as much pressure in the preseason. But Nuge should not have missed that kick.

Mangini put Nuge on the spot, when he was not expecting it, to see how he would do. Nuge blew it. My guess is that Nuge learned a big lesson here.

Nuge doesn't suck, but he certainly was not in regular game season mode. Hopefully, a lesson has been learned.

Archived