O-Line Depth

DMaynard

Not from the rushing yards that the back ups produced against Philly. I know it was also against their back ups, but you have to have some confidence in players that can dominate...even if it is in scrub time.

That was encouraging, but I am still concerned about what a huge drop off it would be if Fanaca, Mangold, D'Brick or Woody goes down and to a lesser degree, Moore. The good news is Fanaca, Mangold, D'Brick and Moore have all been very durable in their careers (albeit short ones for Mangold and D'Brick).

This is my biggest fear going into the season (other than being abducted by aliens, of course). If one of the starting five goes down, the Jets are in big trouble.

Its a legit concern but dont forget that the Jet backup linemen have been playing as a unit this preseason, some of them out of position. So, if a single starter goes down it will be four starters and one backup, who will be playing next to better players. It should be ok. Anyway, I think the Jets will sign a vet who has been cut.

Interestingly (to me) Greg Eslinger - who was a great college center and was drafted in the fourth round (I think) - was released yesterday by Houston. So, the Jets can expect a decent O-lineman to become available at 4pm today. We'll see how much the Jets like their depth depending on whether they sign someone from another roster.

This is my biggest fear going into the season (other than being abducted by aliens, of course). If one of the starting five goes down, the Jets are in big trouble.

I share your concern DM. Don't really know much about Hunter or Montgomery's long term viability but I think many of us have our doubts about Bender.

Hopefully Faneca's presense will help all of them mature and learn things the right way. That kid Coleman's a big boy.

I am with you 100%...I wanted another guy with exp. that could play multi-postions...one injury puts us in a whole...two kills us...

Archived