Christmas in September

Smizzy

maybe it's just me...but today feels like Christmas. The guy I LOVE to HATE is now the starting QB of one of our main rivals? I go from dreading another season with him to getting to play him twice a yr....not only does he KEEP them a non-factor but I also get to watch my team knock him around too!

On top of all that...the football gods hand him to us on a silver platter in the very first game of the season?

God bless football....

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Yeah Smiz it does feel like Christmas today! Not only do I agree with your post. My sons first pop warner game of the year is today at 11am! 10 sacks his first year in pads, 18 sacks his second year in pads, # of sacks this year... To be Determined! Muhahahaha!

Its a great day!

This one was on GG website by Mantana..pretty clever!!

Twas the night before Jetmas, when at the team's hotel,

Brett Favre is itching for another season, ready to excel.

He thinks twice about this season's decision,

and if it'll turn out... as he envisioned.

The scoutings reports are double checked by Eric Mangini,

It's confirmed: Chad still has an arm of Linguini.

Yes, our friend James Chadwick Pennington, doomed to Miami,

Already sweating our blitz, his hands getting clammy.

Mike Tannenbaum tosses and turns in bed - not yet asleep,

If these signings don't pan out, the price will be steep.

Thomas Jones wonders if his job in danger,

To Neon Leon, instant game changer

Laveranues Coles weeps yet again for his teal-wearing friend,

Jerricho tells him to get it together, it's come to an end.

The starting line sits together playing poker,

1500 pounds of QB protection, none mediocre.

Woody sleeps soundly, dreaming of dollar signs

As he organizes his PSL checks in neat little lines.

Mike Nugent wonders if he can make the kick,

He thinks about ice water veins, and skin more thick.

David Harris sits with a look, slick as a jackal's,

Knowing he's going to lead the league in tackles.

Bryan Thomas sips his lemonade

Knowing just how much he's overpaid.

David Bowens sits smiling and feeling blessed,

Proud of the C he now wears on his chest.

For our 53 players, the future looks bright,

Merry Jetsmas to all, and to all a good night.

This whole off season has been like Christmas, starting with Faneca, Jenkins and company -- ending up with Favre.

Let's just hope it wasn't a Daniel Synder like off season and these guys all produce on the field.

They haven't played yet but I really like their chances!!!

Its so amazing!!! I actually just woke up and I was going to make a post..."Christmas Morning" but smizzy beat me to it lol... anyways I am so excited!! thing is... its 9:25am and I dont know what to do with myself till then... I wish I was able to sleep till at least 11.. well thats what happens when your sober the night before and dont go out...

Anyways..Good luck fellow jet fans.. we have our first must win game..

This whole off season has been like Christmas, starting with Faneca, Jenkins and company -- ending up with Favre.

Let's just hope it wasn't a Daniel Synder like off season and these guys all produce on the field.

They haven't played yet but I really like their chances!!!

the only guy we didn't get was Oakland DC Rob Ryan-other than that almost every wishlist on the boards has been fulfilled-hopefully Sutton doesn't make us regret it even more

Although we couldn't disagree more with our choice of teams and predictions, we do all share similar passion towards our respective teams. ....and btw, I'm right and you Jet clowns are wrong about everything. But having said that, today is indeed like Christmas Day!!!! Woke at 5 am and ran to the TV(tree) just looking for anything, ANYTHING football related!!!!! YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAHHH!!!!! FOOTBALL'S BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU FOOTBALL GODS!!!!!

... but do you clowns reeeeally think Chad is not going to have a career game against you guys today???? What would be more fitting?? Remember your history and bad luck. You have zero chance at victory today. ZERO.

but here's to no injuries:cheers:

and you know what's so great about this game is the attention it is receiving. I love it. A 1-15 team and a 4-12 game is getting more attention than the Pats. Beautiful day!

Archived