New Head Coach

Favorite_Toon

I'll bet you guys anything you want that Mangini is NOT getting fired during this season or during the offseason. Mangini WILL be on the sidelines for the 1st game of next year.

Most HCs get 1 shot to replace the coordinators. He hasn't done that yet, so he'll get a shot. The Catch-22 will be if he fires Schottenheimer, unless he brings in an OC from Green Bay, Favre will certainly leave.

I've pondered his lack of experience at the top, and the team's D that year he was coordinator, and it seems so far that he talks the talk but can't walk the walk. He knows where to go and how to get there but he just hasn't made the progress.

I'd rather stick by his side and let him learn as opposed to switching everything again, just to fail again. Eventually, he'll pull off the impossible I think.

I'll bet you guys anything you want that Mangini is NOT getting fired during this season or during the offseason. Mangini WILL be on the sidelines for the 1st game of next year.

Most HCs get 1 shot to replace the coordinators. He hasn't done that yet, so he'll get a shot. The Catch-22 will be if he fires Schottenheimer, unless he brings in an OC from Green Bay, Favre will certainly leave.

I'm not sure I agree with you. I think that if he does get rid of Schotty then he could save his job, but if not Mangini will be gone if things don't turn around.

I agree with the first part of your post. Changing HC's every few years is not the way to build a stable franchise. Barring a total collapse, Mangini will be here next year. I think Mangini is going to be a good HC in time.

I suspect that once Favre learns to read the play book there will be a rebound of sorts. Don't know if it will be enough to get the Jets to the playoffs. I will bet quite a bit Favre will not be on the Jets next season. That will be a problem. We better pray that Ratliff is the real deal.

I hope something shakes out in Oakland to allow Rob Ryan to come here.

If Favre leaves I would think we will draft a qb in the draft. If he stays I see us going rb or de-lb hybrid.

The coming draft looks even bleaker then the past one for QB's. The Jets will have to get real lucky. If they do get lucky the kid won't be ready next year.

I suspect they will bring in a journeyman QB, and let the three of them compete for the starting job.

If Ainge shows anything to the coaches between now and then, and if Ratliff continues to improve, I doubt Clemens will be with the team.

I agree with the first part of your post. Changing HC's every few years is not the way to build a stable franchise. Barring a total collapse, Mangini will be here next year. I think Mangini is going to be a good HC in time.

I suspect that once Favre learns to read the play book there will be a rebound of sorts. Don't know if it will be enough to get the Jets to the playoffs. I will bet quite a bit Favre will not be on the Jets next season. That will be a problem. We better pray that Ratliff is the real deal.

I hope something shakes out in Oakland to allow Rob Ryan to come here.

I don't buy this.

Archived