Interesting comments

4HCrew

Saw that too. I have a feeling Shotty right now is trying to be too X's and O's and keeping to his offense, but I think with the roster we have along with Favre there are so many more things this offense can do that caters to there strengths. When you score 6 TD's something changed period and it was done vs. an OK AZ defense.

Brett Favre went into Mangini's office after that San Diego game and simply said "Listen, I'm not here to go 6-10 or 7-9, I'm here to win. Let me do what I do best. Let me do what you brought me here for a year or two to do. WIN".

Finally we're seeing what this offense can be.

They're only going to get better resting up over the Bye and having extra time to get even more in sync with each other. This is also a key time to get Jenkins back to 100%.

Brett Favre went into Mangini's office after that San Diego game and simply said "Listen, I'm not here to go 6-10 or 7-9, I'm here to win. Let me do what I do best. Let me do what you brought me here for a year or two to do. WIN".

Finally we're seeing what this offense can be.

They're only going to get better resting up over the Bye and having extra time to get even more in sync with each other. This is also a key time to get Jenkins back to 100%.

Agreed! The bye provides more time for offense to sync, Jenkins to heal, and hopefully the annual Mangini takeover of the defense.

:)

This justifies what me and some others were saying. It wasn't Favre. It might take 10 weeks to master an offense, but it sure doesn't take 10 weeks to not look lost and impotent. It was clearly the coaching holding this team back.

And you guys are saying we shouldn't worry about the coaching on defense? That is also a problem. This team, on both sides of the ball, is too talented to not be able to score 20 points a game and to give up 35. There will be bad games here and there, that's definitely going to happen, but more often than not, if the players are put in a position to succeed, these guys will come through, especially against most of the league. This includes the Pats, and we should have been competitive against the Chargers as well.

As I said before, that Chargers loss could have been the best thing to happen to us. We might not lose another game this season if the coaching is there and the players are there, and I think we have reason to be optimistic now. It's a great time to be a Jets fan (finally!!!).

Archived