Loney hits grand slam, Dodgers drop sloppy Cubs

JetNation

I'll post it. Dempster was the miracle of the 08 season. He had an off game or 2 this season but nothing like when he was trying to come back after his TJ surgery in the pen or as the closer. He came to the Cubs with somewhere around 600 career walks to 900 K's and thats the type of pitching we saw. He'd get down in the count and bring the meat right down the plate. Might's well have just put up a batting tee.

I slammed him a lot because he didnt have what it took to make my team successful.

This year from spring training through last night it was a 180 different story. He worked his azz off, got into great shape, developed another pitch and went out and put together a Cy Young consideration year with 75 walks and 190 K's in 206 innings going 17 and 6 on the year. Then last night when it meant more than it ever had the original inconsistant, wild, scared, Ryan Dempster showed up and lost the game for the Cubs. And its on him only because he's the cause of it. For certain the Cubs didn't execute timely hitting and Soriano who could have carried the whole on his back was 0-5 with 2 K's. But when their miracle year starting pitcher totally lost his stuff and walked the bases full before bringing meat to a James Loney (who?) rather than walk a run in - you could have stuck the fork in the Cubs right then and there. He was their miracle too and they'd all seen this before out of him.

I applaud the crap out of Ryan Dempster for the work he put in and the year he had. I hope he's able to come back and be 80% of what we saw this season because even that would be great. What would be best is if he's able to chalk it up to a bad game and come back strong if he gets another start this post season. Thats what I'm hoping for.

Archived