KGB (Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila) released

Irish Jet

From NFL.COM

*The Green Bay Packers released defensive end Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila, the franchise's all-time sacks leader on Saturday.

Gbaja-Biamila recorded 74.5 sacks in 124 games over nine seasons with the Packers, passing Reggie White (68.5) in 2007. He recorded .5 sacks in seven games this season, with one start.

"We want to thank Kabeer for his contributions to the Green Bay Packers," Packers general manager Ted Thompson said in a statement. "During his time here, he has been a big part of our organization and our community. We wish Kabeer and his family well."

In leaving the organization, Gbaja-Biamila issued the following statement: "My nine years as a Green Bay Packer have been a blessing that is beyond words. I thank God for bringing me to this first-class organization and first-class community. During my time here, I've built relationships with a number of people in the Packer family. The front office executives, G.M.s, coaches, past and present players, the enormous support and administrative staff plus the greatest fans in football, all have helped make my time here truly special and I am thankful for that. It has been a very positive experience. I was able to build a family here and grow with a community that I call home. Again, I've been truly blessed.

"I don

The guy must be toast. He has all of one sack this season so far. I was actually thinking of him as a LB conversion project but I think he might be a bit on the small side even for a 3-4 OLB.

The 3-4 defense requires skilled players at their respective positions.If you were running a 4-3 you could convert players.

He's been really bad for a couple of years now. The only reason he ever got any sacks recently is because of the emergence of Kampan. Even Kampan disappears against the elite RT's of the league (see the NFC title game).

To be fair basically everyone seems to dissapear going up against Kareem McKenzie who has been one of the best O-lineman in the league over the last few years.

watching the playoff run by the giants i really couldn't think of how a linemen could have done any better than Mckenzie did. He was a beast, shut everyone down.

He was like that throughout the regular season too. He's been a beast since becoming a member of the Giants. I always thought he was outstanding and very underrated when playing for us too.

Archived