afc championship/nfc championship: Predictions

TNJet

Hope the Colts get the upset?

To be honest I'd much rather The Jets go back to Tennessee for a rematch rather than host Indy.

Have to strongly disagree with you there, IJ.

I don't care how anyone thinks the Jets match up with the Titans, playing a home playoff game is always better than playing a road playoff game.

The Jets were a better team than the Titans on Sunday and better overall, but the Titans will be better prepared for the AFC championship game now that they were shallacked at home. That would be a far closer game in January than it was last week.

From a Jets perspective,

Colts at Home >>>> Titans on the Road

This has been asked a lot around the NFL but seriously, WTF will happen if The Jets and Giants BOTH are scheduled to host the Conference Championship games?

They would HAVE to be played on different days and there'd be a huge dispute over which game is moved.

Read Post # 30.

This has been asked a lot around the NFL but seriously, WTF will happen if The Jets and Giants BOTH are scheduled to host the Conference Championship games?

They would HAVE to be played on different days and there'd be a huge dispute over which game is moved.

All you do is flip a coin.

Not that big of an advantage if one team is Saturday late afternoon and Sunday afternoon.

Have to strongly disagree with you there, IJ.

I don't care how anyone thinks the Jets match up with the Titans, playing a home playoff game is always better than playing a road playoff game.

The Jets were a better team than the Titans on Sunday and better overall, but the Titans will be better prepared for the AFC championship game now that they were shallacked at home. That would be a far closer game in January than it was last week.

From a Jets perspective,

Colts at Home >>>> Titans on the Road

I just have a bad feeling Peyton Manning would have his way with our pass defense in a way Tennessee are simply incapable of doing.

Could you imagine our secondary matching up with Reggie Wayne, Marvin Harrison, Anthony Gonzalez and Dallas Clark with Peyton Manning throwing them the ball?

IMO are the team I want to see the Jets avoid at all costs. I would have no problems with playing Tennessee again. We are able to match up with them in the trenches and beyond that after that, there's no way they can hurt you. That's the reason they're 10-0, they've been dominating teams that are for the most part weak in the trenches. I'm confident we'd beat them just as badly again.

I just have a bad feeling Peyton Manning would have his way with our pass defense in a way Tennessee are simply incapable of doing.

Could you imagine our secondary matching up with Reggie Wayne, Marvin Harrison, Anthony Gonzalez and Dallas Clark with Peyton Manning throwing them the ball?

IMO are the team I want to see the Jets avoid at all costs. I would have no problems with playing Tennessee again. We are able to match up with them in the trenches and beyond that after that, there's no way they can hurt you. That's the reason they're 10-0, they've been dominating teams that are for the most part weak in the trenches. I'm confident we'd beat them just as badly again.

I get you, but it's always better to play at home than on the road in the playoffs, even with the upsets in recent years.

I would love for the Jets to be the 1st seed and play the Titans in the Meadowlands. That would be a corronation game for the Jets. But I'd take my chances with the Colts at home than Titans on the road.

The thing is also, Mangini has been very good gameplanning against big offenses for the 1st half of games (Cards & Pats), I think he could do the same against the Colts. The Jets pass defense is an issue in the 2nd half after they get a lead and they let up. I think Mangini could gameplan well against the Colts early, make them 1 dimensional, and score on them.

The Jets have the chance to score a lot of points against the Colts at home because of Favre, and the time consuming drives. That will keep the ball away from the Colts.

The only way I would really fear Indianapolis is if we had to go to Indianapolis and clearly that isn't going to be the case unless the Titans fall to 12-4 and the Colts win out. The Colts are a totally different monster away from Indianapolis and if Bob Sanders for some reason can't play come Postseason we will be able to run down their throats with ease with TJ & Leon. Time consuming drives would help defeat them and their secondary, especially with Marlin Jackson out for the year, certainly isn't something to brag about. Have to like the match-ups our wideouts would have on their corners and the Revis vs Reggie Wayne show down would be critical as well.

+1

I don't want to face any strong passing team as it's liable to turn into a shootout and I worry about Favre in that kind of spot..

+1

I don't want to face any strong passing team as it's liable to turn into a shootout and I worry about Favre in that kind of spot..

Peyton Manning doesn't exactly have the greatest Postseason numbers either. Would be an interesting game.

Archived