afc championship/nfc championship: Predictions

TNJet

Can we please just focus on Denver.

I mean the media has absolutely gone insane. Gary Myers today is now doing position by position break down between the Jets and Giants.

Francesa was even talking about it yesterday.

I swear I hate this crap. Let the Jets just keep doing what they are doing and hopefully they don't read the papers or messageboards right now.

I mean the media has absolutely gone insane. Gary Myers today is now doing position by position break down between the Jets and Giants.

I swear I hate this crap. Let the Jets just keep doing what they are doing and hopefully they don't read the papers or messageboards right now.

So what's wrong with the fans looking ahead and getting excited? It's the players and coaching staff that needs to stay focused and they will. Part of the fun of being a fan is to get excited, make predictions, and what if scenarios!! We aren't on the coaching staff or playing for the team, so why not. When do we ever get this kind of hype and attention. Enjoy it while it lasts and have fun with it. If there's a let down, the fan can only blame himself. I'm going to have as much fun with it as I can because who knows when it will be like this again.

Let me add, with the Steeler's killer schedule, I can see them going 11-5 or even 10-6. The Jets should be no worse than 12-4.

With that, the playoff matchups is intriguing. The Colts are currently the 5 seed and I don't see them losing that. So they're playing the Broncos, which the Colts would likely demolish. That sets up a Titans-Colts matchup.

The key is the 6-3 game with the Ravens being the 6 and the Steelers being the 3. If the Colts win, then the Jets are playing the Steelers in the divisional game, assuming the ravens lose. I really don't see the Steelers coming into the Meadowlands and beating the Jets (I only foresee the Pats as the only team able to beat the Jets at home in the playoffs). If the Ravens win, then the Jets play the Colts, which would be a tougher game than the Steelers, IMO, but the Jets should still win.

The bottom line is that the Jets desperately need the 2nd seed. Otherwise, they'd have to play the Ravens at home, then travel to Pittsburgh for the divisional round, and either on to Tennessee or hope the Colts have the upset so they can host the AFC title game.

Again, 2nd seed is the key for the Jets.

Let me add, with the Steeler's killer schedule, I can see them going 11-5 or even 10-6. The Jets should be no worse than 12-4.

With that, the playoff matchups is intriguing. The Colts are currently the 5 seed and I don't see them losing that. So they're playing the Broncos, which the Colts would likely demolish. That sets up a Titans-Colts matchup.

The key is the 6-3 game with the Ravens being the 6 and the Steelers being the 3. If the Colts win, then the Jets are either playing the Ravens or Steelers in the divisional game. I really don't see either team coming into the Meadowlands and beating the Jets (I only foresee the Pats as the only team able to beat the Jets at home in the playoffs).

The bottom line is that the Jets desperately need the 2nd seed. Otherwise, they'd have to play the Ravens at home, then travel to Pittsburgh for the divisional round, and either on to Tennessee or hope the Colts have the upset so they can host the AFC title game.

Nice breakdown. I'm going to take the lazy way out here and hope someone knows the answer..

In the situation that the seeding is as you propose

1) Titans

2) Jets

3) Steelers

4) Broncos

5) Colts

6) Baltimore

You seem to imply that if/when the Colts beat the broncos, they go to TN no matter what happens in the other game? My understanding is that if the Colts and Baltimore both were to win, we'd get the Colts and them Baltimore, since we'd get the highest remaining seed from the divisional round.

Nice breakdown. I'm going to take the lazy way out here and hope someone knows the answer..

In the situation that the seeding is as you propose

1) Titans

2) Jets

3) Steelers

4) Broncos

5) Colts

6) Baltimore

You seem to imply that if/when the Colts beat the broncos, they go to TN no matter what happens in the other game? My understanding is that if the Colts and Baltimore both were to win, we'd get the Colts and them Baltimore, since we'd get the highest remaining seed from the divisional round.

You are correct. I shall amend my previous post. The Ravens, being the 6th seed, would face the Titans.

Do you people understand the power of the Jinx? C'mon......settle down......wait!..... Nope - don't settle down! Yup, keep up it up. Optimism is a good thing. Yeah!

LOL

After many years of doing this type of thing i fully understand the power of the jinx.... Damn shame it took me so long too! ;)

One game at a time, it does us absolutely NO GOOD to look ahead past the Broncos.

Uhm, why not?

None of us are playing against the Broncos, so who gives a rats ass if we, as fans, look ahead?

The Jet players aren't, but we as fans and the media have every right to.

Uhm, why not?

None of us are playing against the Broncos, so who gives a rats ass if we, as fans, look ahead?

The Jet players aren't, but we as fans and the media have every right to.

Because Kris Jenkins or Brett Favre can go down with a season ending injury, what would your MEANINGLESS predictions mean then? My point exactly.

God forbid.

Because Kris Jenkins or Brett Favre can go down with a season ending injury, what would your MEANINGLESS predictions mean then? My point exactly.

God forbid.

It's called SPECULATION. No one is making a prediction.

In other words, its a guess.

They are inherintly meaningless because they have no bearing on the outcome of the game, so why should you or anyone else care if people make them?

I hate to play the prediction game as well -- but wiishfull thinking aside I would like to look at this what if scenario

what if the Jets and Giants both secure Home field advantage -- and both make the conference championship game -- would it be a day night doubleheader in the Meadowlands or would the NFL make it a Saturday/Sunday affair -- what a wild weekend that would be

Can we please just focus on Denver? Hahahahahah- we are not players or coaches, we are fans. What happens if us fans dont focus on Denver...do the Jets lose? LOL, ridiculous. Who cares if we spend a few minutes talking about an AFC title game.

Jets: 34

Colts: 24

Dallas: 27

Gmen: 24

I hate to play the prediction game as well -- but wiishfull thinking aside I would like to look at this what if scenario

what if the Jets and Giants both secure Home field advantage -- and both make the conference championship game -- would it be a day night doubleheader in the Meadowlands or would the NFL make it a Saturday/Sunday affair -- what a wild weekend that would be

Saturday/Sunday without a doubt. Impossible to play 2 games on the same day. Even with 1pm and 8pm start times). 80,000 drunk fans lraving the parking lots...while 80,000 lunatics are trying to get in.

My question is, who plays Saturday and who plays Sunday? Figure its Giants, old school, they will get the Sunday slot.

Wow never thought of that scenario. I would think they'd do it Saturday and Sunday due to traffic problems and such?

The key is the 6-3 game with the Ravens being the 6 and the Steelers being the 3. If the Colts win, then the Jets are playing the Steelers in the divisional game, assuming the ravens lose. I really don't see the Steelers coming into the Meadowlands and beating the Jets (I only foresee the Pats as the only team able to beat the Jets at home in the playoffs). If the Ravens win, then the Jets play the Colts, which would be a tougher game than the Steelers, IMO, but the Jets should still win.

Hope the Colts get the upset?

To be honest I'd much rather The Jets go back to Tennessee for a rematch rather than host Indy.

Ah **** it:

AFC

1. Tennessee

2. NYJets

3. Pittsburgh

4. Denver

5. Indianapolis

6. New England

NFC

1. NYGiants

2. Arizona

3. Tampa Bay