Was I wrong?

NIGHT STALKER

I know you're a very bright kid, it's obvious. However, I'm gonna go with guy that was there over this one, vs. the googled stats. No offense.

Truth is, stats aside: drug (ab)use prevailed throughout America during the 70s, coincidentally around the time of the Vietnam War. The guy could've ended up on the wrong side of all this and lost all his memory. Maybe he didn't.

But, as for the majority of the stats, those are comprised estimates based on people within the armed forces. But, whatever, some of that could've gotten lost in translation...

Truth is, stats aside: drug (ab)use prevailed throughout America during the 70s, coincidentally around the time of the Vietnam War. The guy could've ended up on the wrong side of all this and lost all his memory. Maybe he didn't.

But, as for the majority of the stats, those are comprised estimates based on people within the armed forces. But, whatever, some of that could've gotten lost in translation...

No, I think you make some good points for sure. Hard to believe the stat that said 1/4 of the standing army was actually in addicted status, though. Not trying to knock you, I just think NS has his finger right on the pulse of this issue. Either way, it's some sad, pitiful mess.

Going off-topic here, but never understood homeless folks that remain in the Northeast during winter. I mean, there has 'gotta be a way to migrate south with little money. I can't imagine sleeping on a grate when it's zero degrees and snowing. I know many of these folks have pschological issues - but even a crazy drunk knows it's cold out there!

BTW - I don't think you are wrong for feeling angry either. Maybe he's THAT screwed-up though, you know?

ok

you try walking to florida :rolleyes:

the ignorance in that post is astounding

Archived